Sponsored

Installed AUX switches on my JTR

Itzzchrisss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingray JTR
If you are on the fence about installing the switches, don’t be afraid! I have no experience with electrical stuff and was able to get a clean installation without any problems. A lot of people report issues with the orange wire not seating correctly, but I noticed that none of the instructions/tutorials say that you have to pull the safety plastic up on the female side. After doing that the orange wire was able to seat perfectly in the connector. To get the wires through, I snipped the end of my oem antenna; its strong enough and dull enough to get through firewall without damaging anything. I can’t believe this isn’t a standard option. If you have any questions lmk...

561DF185-CB97-4F29-96D0-2887D3626A6F.jpeg
Sponsored

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
If you are on the fence about installing the switches, don’t be afraid! I have no experience with electrical stuff and was able to get a clean installation without any problems. A lot of people report issues with the orange wire not seating correctly, but I noticed that none of the instructions/tutorials say that you have to pull the safety plastic up on the female side. After doing that the orange wire was able to seat perfectly in the connector. To get the wires through, I snipped the end of my oem antenna; its strong enough and dull enough to get through firewall without damaging anything. I can’t believe this isn’t a standard option. If you have any questions lmk...

Jeep Gladiator Installed AUX switches on my JTR 561DF185-CB97-4F29-96D0-2887D3626A6F
How long did it take you

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Nice work. We had them as standard on our JT and, at first, I thought we would never use them. I've used two of them so far so I am being super picky about how to utilize the other two. I won't even own another Jeep without getting them installed from the factory. Very useful!
Sponsored