Sponsored

Aux Switches - What are you putting on them?

BunkieJeeper75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
construction
I felt this was general enough to not list in the technical section... if a moderator deems it not, then please move as appropriate...

So for the aux switches what is everyone running on them? Especially the higher AMP ones rated at 40AMPS, I don't think I have any plans to install anything that high in AMPS, unless maybe I chain more than two lights together or something. So I figured I would ask and see what responses are posted, thanks.

My plans:
AUX 1 - ??
AUX 2 - ??
AUX 3 - 5" Lights (A Pillar)
AUX 4 - 7" Lights (Bumper) or Vision-X Back up lights
Just darting my build.
I have an aftermarket VoSwitch JL-300 with 6 switches….
1: front bumper lights (KC Flex Era4 main lights)
2: front Bumper lights (KC FlexEra4 amber halo)
3: Rear bumper lights
4: Rock lights (future)
5: KC light bar (future)
6: KC A-pillar lights (future)
Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Factory Aux Switch line-up:
Jeep Gladiator Aux Switches - What are you putting on them? 03_DashAccessories_3

And then my House Loads:
Jeep Gladiator Aux Switches - What are you putting on them? 15_HouseElectricalPanel_1

Jeep Gladiator Aux Switches - What are you putting on them? 16_Trigger4PlusController

Jeep Gladiator Aux Switches - What are you putting on them? 17_HouseLoadRemot

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
Your labels are crooked. ;)

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Can I connect a GMRS 50 watt MXT575 to ignition wire or aux stitch? Or should I connect directly to the battery?
Should be easy. I currently have 2 radios (GMRS and CB) wired to Aux switch 1 which can handle up to 40 amps. Just check the amp rating of what you are connecting to the switch (I believe 10 amps for the 575). It would be more appropriate to use aux switch 3 or 4 since 1 and 2 are the higher amp switches and, unless you dont need them, it would be a shame to use those when they could be used for lights or some other higher power required item. The engine on wire under the passenger dash is rated I believe to 10 amps. The MXT575 will work with the MXMC01 mic, and additional $90. But the cool thing is this mike allows you to keep the radio 'on' at all times. So if you use aux switch 1, with the radio left 'on' once the aux switch is turned off it will of course kill power to the radio. And when it is turned on again, since the radio is left in an 'on' state, the radio will turn back on without touching anything. Otherwise you have to press the power button on the mic every time which is super annoying. So I have my radio's set up where aux 1 controls them, and aux 1 is set up to stay in the same state as previous upon every engine start, so when I start the engine, both radios automatically turn on. It's the little things, but it is a nice feature.

Factory Aux Switch line-up:

And then my House Loads:

Hey where did you get those labels? And do they by chance allow the light to shine through so you can read them at night?

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Hey where did you get those labels? And do they by chance allow the light to shine through so you can read them at night?
The labels were made by @pixeldecals

If you look close at the pic you'll see that the light on the switch is just to the right of the label...no need for them to shine through. Labels that allow the light to shine through, might be out there (in fact I'd bet my wife could make them on her Cricut) but at the time, I was ordering some hood decals and they said they could make these, so I didn't bother looking for the other. Personally, I don't mind that they don't shine through...they clearly identify the switch and the light is visible when I hit the button.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
The labels were made by @pixeldecals

If you look close at the pic you'll see that the light on the switch is just to the right of the label...no need for them to shine through. Labels that allow the light to shine through, might be out there (in fact I'd bet my wife could make them on her Cricut) but at the time, I was ordering some hood decals and they said they could make these, so I didn't bother looking for the other. Personally, I don't mind that they don't shine through...they clearly identify the switch and the light is visible when I hit the button.
Yeah I see the indicator light is not covered but for me it's nice to see the name of the switch when it is dark - just to reduce chances of pushing the wrong one.

@pixeldecals - you able to make a 'see through' sticker so the name illuminates?

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah I see the indicator light is not covered but for me it's nice to see the name of the switch when it is dark - just to reduce chances of pushing the wrong one.

@pixeldecals - you able to make a 'see through' sticker so the name illuminates?

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.
Yes I have made them from white vinyl that allows light thru more recently. The switches aren’t generating a huge amount of light but it seems to work ok.
Sponsored