Sponsored

What are we doing with our aux switches?

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Mine hasn't shown up yet, but the plan is to use 1 for the light bar, 1 for the winch, 1 for the caltrops, and one for the explosive bolts on teh passenger side seat (good for when the doors are off).

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine hasn't shown up yet, but the plan is to use 1 for the light bar, 1 for the winch, 1 for the caltrops, and one for the explosive bolts on teh passenger side seat (good for when the doors are off).
Ah, the mother-in-law seat.........

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I used one to run my Rock Slide Engineering power steps. This avoided the need for using the little switch they provided, cleaner install. A cool benefit I did not think of beforehand is that aux switches get disabled when the battery is low. This will keep the steps from sucking the battery dry.
Have you had any issues with your RSE steps hooked up to your aux switch? I'm looking to do the same with my manual JT since I can't run the wires to the battery on the driver side due to the clutch.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had any issues with your RSE steps hooked up to your aux switch? I'm looking to do the same with my manual JT since I can't run the wires to the battery on the driver side due to the clutch.
No problem at all. Just use Aux 1 or 2 as the RSE should have 20 amps. Aux 3 and 4 only provide 15 amps. I really like these steps. Pricey, but I would purchase them again and very clean install with the Aux 1 button for me. I seldom disable them but is very han when needed.

I even painted the badges and the new rivets to remount them.

Jeep Gladiator What are we doing with our aux switches? 8D746AA4-3577-4D33-B0D6-F2C321026E95

Sponsored

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
air compressor (aux 4) and from auxiliary lights (aux 3)

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
No problem at all. Just use Aux 1 or 2 as the RSE should have 20 amps. Aux 3 and 4 only provide 15 amps. I really like these steps. Pricey, but I would purchase them again and very clean install with the Aux 1 button for me. I seldom disable them but is very han when needed.

Jeep Gladiator What are we doing with our aux switches? 8D746AA4-3577-4D33-B0D6-F2C321026E95
Thanks! I plan to install them today using the aux switch. I like the painted badge! What type of paint did you use on the badge?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

8D746AA4-3577-4D33-B0D6-F2C321026E95.jpeg
Very Nice ! I just finished installing my RSE Steps with Armor. I hooked up to Aux Switch 1 and also hooked up the cutoff switch near the clutch. This way I can turn them off by just reaching in the window (if it is open). So, I am running both switches. The steps are awesome, my girlfriend says it is the best mod. They fit perfect, but, it is some work to put them in. They are heavy and the armor is heavy. I used heat on the body bolts.

So back to Aux Switches. Mine are full. Next is Lift Kit, and Tires. I should have it done in a week or so.

1 - RSE Steps
2 - Winch Warn - Solenoid cutoff switch to long battery cable (safety Precaution)
3 - Front Mopar Flood lights on Bull Bar
4 - Rear Vision X flood lights integrated in the stock bumper

Jeep Gladiator What are we doing with our aux switches? iOk4ab

MAI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Very Nice ! I just finished installing my RSE Steps with Armor. I hooked up to Aux Switch 1 and also hooked up the cutoff switch near the clutch. This way I can turn them off by just reaching in the window (if it is open). So, I am running both switches. The steps are awesome, my girlfriend says it is the best mod. They fit perfect, but, it is some work to put them in. They are heavy and the armor is heavy. I used heat on the body bolts.

So back to Aux Switches. Mine are full. Next is Lift Kit, and Tires. I should have it done in a week or so.

1 - RSE Steps
2 - Winch Warn - Solenoid cutoff switch to long battery cable (safety Precaution)
3 - Front Mopar Flood lights on Bull Bar
4 - Rear Vision X flood lights integrated in the stock bumper

Jeep Gladiator What are we doing with our aux switches? iOk4ab
Clean install, I just did mine last weekend and left the wiring for another day. I also ordered the skids and used black plastidip on the rivets so they blend in a bit more.

Question regarding your wiring to aux switch 1...so do you run the RSE harness as is or eliminate their fuse? And is it as simple as getting the positive to their switch and connecting to aux 1? Any photos would be greatly helpful I haven't found a full write up yet on wiring these to a factory aux switch.

Thanks in advance

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is an interesting thread and I sort of wish it had been around before I ordered in Oct 2019.

I saw no need, naw, I'm never going to need anything like that?! Why would I?!

Now I wish I had them - considering the power steps, have a winch and could use switches to operate a disconnect solenoid instead of a manual disconnect, could wire in my 5 million lumin bumper mount backup lights..........

Sponsored

MAI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
This is an interesting thread and I sort of wish it had been around before I ordered in Oct 2019.

I saw no need, naw, I'm never going to need anything like that?! Why would I?!

Now I wish I had them - considering the power steps, have a winch and could use switches to operate a disconnect solenoid instead of a manual disconnect, could wire in my 5 million lumin bumper mount backup lights..........
Switch pros maybe?