First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Rebel makes the BEST open air bed rack on the market! Make sure you get the fridge slide too!

The Access Literider cover fits both the half rack and full rack perfectly to keep out the elements

Jeep Gladiator Installed Rebel Off Road Bed Rack PXL_20201224_221307217

Jeep Gladiator Installed Rebel Off Road Bed Rack PXL_20201224_221320654

Jeep Gladiator Installed Rebel Off Road Bed Rack PXL_20201224_221353782

Jeep Gladiator Installed Rebel Off Road Bed Rack PXL_20201224_222029634
Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
MikešŸ–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Nice. And fasteners because of no trail rail system? Are you able to add. A tonneau cover?
Iā€™m so very split between getting this rack and tonneau or getting the RSI canopy
The bed has pre-tapped holes already, so all you will have to do is bolt up the trail rails to those holes, and then attach the rack to the rail.

I believe the Access Literider is the only tonneau cover known to fit, but there could be others

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Rebel makes the BEST open air bed rack on the market! Make sure you get the fridge slide too!

The Access Literider cover fits both the half rack and full rack perfectly to keep out the elements

Thanks for the screenshots! Man Iā€™m so split on what to get. Just curious. When youā€™re not camping, what are you using the rack for? Or if you remove it, is it easy to remove?

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Thanks for the screenshots! Man Iā€™m so split on what to get. Just curious. When youā€™re not camping, what are you using the rack for? Or if you remove it, is it easy to remove?
Well the thing with our setup is that we live in CO and we are always camping :) Nothing ever comes off but if you had a heavy duty lift then technically it could all be removed with the (12) bolts that hold the rack to the bed rails.

camp.PNG

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
To complicate your decision even more... I no longer run the Rebel Rack as of about 3 months ago. I switched to the Alu-Cab Contour Canopy. Here's the thread = https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/alu-cab-contour-canopy-roll-call-not-camper.63471/

I personally would not run the RSI for the reasons outlined in the thread above... quality, price and lead times are the 3 basic reasons to choose Alu-Cab over the competition.

Also, with the "topper" setup like this you can remove the RTT more easily with a few friends and still run the cap to protect your bed from weather and prying-eyes. I will note that I saved both weight and mpgs by switching to the Alu-Cab from the Rebel Rack. Again, no knock on Rebel Racks, I just decided to go the topper route for a while. Honestly, I'll probably update this setup in another few years.

Jeep Gladiator Installed Rebel Off Road Bed Rack 20221008_163713

Jeep Gladiator Installed Rebel Off Road Bed Rack 20221008_171328

Jeep Gladiator Installed Rebel Off Road Bed Rack 20221009_180048

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
To complicate your decision even more... I no longer run the Rebel Rack as of about 3 months ago. I switched to the Alu-Cab Contour Canopy. Here's the thread = https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/alu-cab-contour-canopy-roll-call-not-camper.63471/

I personally would not run the RSI for the reasons outlined in the thread above... quality, price and lead times are the 3 basic reasons to choose Alu-Cab over the competition.

Also, with the "topper" setup like this you can remove the RTT more easily with a few friends and still run the cap to protect your bed from weather and prying-eyes. I will note that I saved both weight and mpgs by switching to the Alu-Cab from the Rebel Rack. Again, no knock on Rebel Racks, I just decided to go the topper route for a while. Honestly, I'll probably update this setup in another few years.

God damnit, this looks incredible. Iā€™ll check out alu cab. I totally dig the one alu cab where itā€˜s essentially a bed swap and you can access the tent from inside, although Iā€™d never do it.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
God damnit, this looks incredible. Iā€™ll check out alu cab. I totally dig the one alu cab where itā€˜s essentially a bed swap and you can access the tent from inside, although Iā€™d never do it.
Thanks! Just to clarify though...you CANNOT access the RTT from the topper with my setup.

Alu-Cab offers (2) versions... naming makes things very confusing :(

1) Canopy Camper = slide-on bed camper with sleeping platform built in (starts @ $13K) = https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/alu-cab-canopy-camper-roll-call.52174/

2) Contour Canopy = just a topper with a RTT set on top (my set up)... no access to tent from topper = https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/alu-cab-contour-canopy-roll-call-not-camper.63471/

3) Contour Canopy Camper = this is where you cut a massive hole in the roof of your canopy and the floor of your RTT = this is a joke and doesn't exist...yet

If you have more questions about the Alu-Cab reach out to me separately because I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I already have. But if you have questions about the Rebel Rack then ask away here as I owned mine for almost 2 years.
Sponsored

Last edited: