Sponsored

Installing a proper Level Kit 3/4" vs 1 1/2" with the Mopar Lift Kit Daystar How to tips and tricks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
I have had the Mopar Lift on my truck for 3 months now but always thought it was too raked and didnt look right. I have seen many use a level kit but some were too high some were too low. I dug around but didnt find enought to make a decision. I ended up buying two kits and chose the right one for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
After with 3/4" spacer and mopar lift.

20200613_200640.jpg

20200613_212952.jpg

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
What’s the measurement between your tires and the fenders? Lift looks good

beefcake

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
Mopar 2", 3/4 spacer, and 35s measured 21.5" to the front of the metal seam under the body and 22" at the rear. Just installed the other day so it will probably settle a little. If I add a steel bumper and winch I'll probably up it to a 1.5" spacer to keep it relatively level.

Jeep Gladiator Installing a proper Level Kit 3/4" vs 1 1/2" with the Mopar Lift Kit Daystar How to tips and tricks IMG_0837

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
Hmmm this topic is what I was pondering for my build and your video has me second guessing my plan to go with the 1.5" daystar on top of the Mopar. I too was counting on winch weight/bumper/winch plate weight along with removing the rake and so the ~1.5" seemed right.....
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/usethis83-gobi-rubicon-project.31205/#post-522603
Thx for watching the video. If you go by measurement its 1.5 to level, but then it looks funny. If you go by looks, the 3/4" looks perfect but measured 1/2 inch low in the front. Depends on your version of level.

Had used the 1.5 spacer, you can see the thing measured 2.1 inches in height. Way too much. They call it 1.5 but is over 2.

3/4 inch looks perfect. Even with all the bumper and winch weight. It only changed it a 1/16 of an inch.

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thx for watching the video. If you go by measurement its 1.5 to level, but then it looks funny. If you go by looks, the 3/4" looks perfect but measured 1/2 inch low in the front. Depends on your version of level.

Had used the 1.5 spacer, you can see the thing measured 2.1 inches in height. Way too much. They call it 1.5 but is over 2.

3/4 inch looks perfect. Even with all the bumper and winch weight. It only changed it a 1/16 of an inch.
I appreciate the time and care you put in the video. Thank you for sharing. I just ordered the 3/4 JL spacers to have on hand. For flatter angles and better geometry, I prefer less lift everywhere possible. So if the 1.5 (2ish) is not necessary than I prefer to err on the low side. Thanks.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Hey @Brfertig. Thanks for taking the time to do this video. I will be doing a rubicon coil and shock swap in on my sport s tonight and wanted to see what parts I needed to remove to drop the axles enough to slide the coils in. I’m assuming the rear will only need the sway links and shocks removed to drop the axle enough.

BTW, what’s with the small carabiner on the work glove? Any other tips or tricks your keeping from us?

Thanks again!

A2
Sponsored