Sponsored

Interesting First Negative in my JT.. radio glare in hard top rear glass window

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
First time driving at night tonight, and found my first nitpick......the glare of the radio screen into the back hardtop slide-able window.....you're probably thinking..."What?!?!"...but the problem is the entire radio face fills the entire middle of the back window, so when you glance at your rear view mirror, it looks like something is there.....little weird, but hey, this is my first pick up ever!
First World problems.....
Trust me, this thing is Awesome!
Funny you mention this it was driving me crazy too.First thing I noticed when I drove her at night for the first time. Go to settings and display and you can set up to auto dim when the headlights are on. This is what I did and does a nice job reducing the glare.
Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned, this also happens with the soft top.

Also as mentioned, there is a dimmer wheel near the left knee. I run mine at the minimum brightness at all times.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I’ve thought about bringing this up here before but never did lol. I typically dim the screen at night. It’s still there but not nearly as bad as it originally was.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
The dash dimmer has been around for what, 70 years or more? My night vision works a lot better without the overly bright illumination. As SP said, I run mine low at all times except for day time storms and tunnels. Even then, just enough to clearly see the guages and things.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I feel left out, looking through my mirror and into my rear window I can only see the little amber lights showing when my A/C and fan are on. 🤣

maligator

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD Willys 2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
Occupation
Programmer
Hopefully soon! Weather still chilly, and I have to figure how to store top? Think the JL hard top cart will hold it?
Lol just slide open the window then.
Sponsored