Sponsored

Anyone else interested in a glass rear window for the soft top?

Would you like a factory option or aftermarket for a glass rear window?

• Total voters

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I have had soft top convertibles in the past with glass rear windows.
Its nice not to have to worry about scratches, yellowing or clouding.
A defroster option is also a plus.

I get it being a soft window on the Wranglers as they unzip for access and the side windows are soft too.
However on the Gladiator, you just remove the panel and all other windows are glass.
Sponsored

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Here's where i'm at.
I sent these guys:
Contact Hyperformance Auto Glass | HGP - Hyperformance Glass Products

This:
Hello,
I saw the Williams video they posted reviewing your product line, and your comment welcoming new product ideas.
I have a Gladiator Sport, with a soft top; compared to previous Jeeps' soft tops, I'm very satisfied with the functionality of what Bestop brought to the table (especially the premium twill).
However, even without zippers, and with minimal hook & loop, there is still the headache/weakness of the vinyl back window. It comes out very easily, but cant very well be stored or rolled without fear of scratches, hazing, or creases.
Seeing your 0.5mm Gorilla glass window panels immediately brought to mind my back window panel; If you could supply a replacement or re-fit option for the back window of the soft top gladiator, I'd happily pay the cost. it would still be flexible enough to install, and I believe it would be more robust under handling and storage than the current option.
Thanks for your consideration,
Jimmy

they responded with this:

James,

Thank you for contact Hyperformance Glass Products. You are spot on with your recommendation for upgrades to the soft top windows. In fact, this is something we are already working on and hope to offer this sometime in the near future. Your contact info will be kept on file and we will send a notice when this product becomes available.

Thank you,

Scott
Customer Support Team
Phone: 877.539.5523

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What they should have done is make it glass and the entire window is powered and slides down into the cab. Then soft top removal like normal. Switch to hard to. Etc

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Don't want it. If I flip the top back with the window in place (I do this often, daily in nice weather) I don't want a glass piece buffeting around. When I take the window out I like being able to roll it to some degree. I don't want to have to uplug the window to remove it.

No thanks, I'll keep the plastic.

OP
OP
Ogre_FL

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's where i'm at.
I sent these guys:
Contact Hyperformance Auto Glass | HGP - Hyperformance Glass Products

This:
Hello,
I saw the Williams video they posted reviewing your product line, and your comment welcoming new product ideas.
I have a Gladiator Sport, with a soft top; compared to previous Jeeps' soft tops, I'm very satisfied with the functionality of what Bestop brought to the table (especially the premium twill).
However, even without zippers, and with minimal hook & loop, there is still the headache/weakness of the vinyl back window. It comes out very easily, but cant very well be stored or rolled without fear of scratches, hazing, or creases.
Seeing your 0.5mm Gorilla glass window panels immediately brought to mind my back window panel; If you could supply a replacement or re-fit option for the back window of the soft top gladiator, I'd happily pay the cost. it would still be flexible enough to install, and I believe it would be more robust under handling and storage than the current option.
Thanks for your consideration,
Jimmy

they responded with this:

James,

Thank you for contact Hyperformance Glass Products. You are spot on with your recommendation for upgrades to the soft top windows. In fact, this is something we are already working on and hope to offer this sometime in the near future. Your contact info will be kept on file and we will send a notice when this product becomes available.

Thank you,

Scott
Customer Support Team
Phone: 877.539.5523
Bummer

Thank you for contacting Hyperformance Glass Products. We did investigate glass options for this application. However, it was determined that it was not an application we would pursue at this time. It may be a product offering we revisit in 2022. Your information will be kept on file and if this product becomes available we will notify you. Thank you again for reaching out to HGP.

Scott
HGP Customer Service Team
www.hyperformanceglassproducts.com
Phone: (877) 539-5523

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre_FL

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't want it. If I flip the top back with the window in place (I do this often, daily in nice weather) I don't want a glass piece buffeting around. When I take the window out I like being able to roll it to some degree. I don't want to have to uplug the window to remove it.

No thanks, I'll keep the plastic.
I leave mine in most of the time too.
I was thinking a glass piece might buffet/pop less than the soft window, maybe not.

Nomdebrew

First Name
Theia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JT
What they should have done is make it glass and the entire window is powered and slides down into the cab. Then soft top removal like normal. Switch to hard to. Etc
That paired with something like the sky one-touch we be pretty neat.
Sponsored