Sponsored

Is dealership conning me on lift kit installation?

TangoMac

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Chiropractor
My dealer charged me $2100 for the 2" Mopar lift, parts, labor, alignment. They put all the parts they took off in the cool wood JEEP box and strapped it into the back of my gladiator. This was 6months ago.
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
With my age and a bit of extra weight, it adds an hour for me, but it's not that big a deal, really.
I did my 2020, then had to undo it when I traded, then did my 2022, and will end up with different springs under the front, soon. (they arrived Saturday)
So I guess that counts as 4 times in 3 years.
I'm 73. That 190 ft. lbs on the lower control arms was tough doing it on the ground. I only weigh about 168 lbs, so had to lever against the frame. I re-torqued after the dealer supposedly re torqued, and a couple were under spec. I'll try and get it lifted somewhere next time so I can hang on it.

Colorado JT

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Insurance Broker
Looks like $525 in labor to install the lift. That is roughly 3 hours dedicated to the lift. Not horrible.

schnelly

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler with a 2021 Gladiator on order
Occupation
Parts manager
I'm going to have the dealership put on a Mopar 2" lift kit to preserve my extended warranty but the service tech told me they would need at least 6-7 hrs. This is higher than I have heard but since I haven't had one done before I don't know how acceptable this is. Bad enough when it was $100/hr now it's $170! Obviously I'm not excited to pay that kind of labor, what have those of you with similar lifts found to be the norm?
We have done plenty of these. We typically charge 4 hrs @ $100/hr..
Sponsored