Is this steel rubicon bumper ad legit?

bfhollis

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
I actually bought this, and as far as I can tell legit parts, I had to add the Mopar winch facia with cut out and it fit perfect as well as the plastic fog light bezels w/o parking sensor holes and they snapped in just as well. this also came with winch mounting plate which was an added bonus. The outer removable endcaps have the sensor holes as well however I have mine set up as a stubby.
bolted on just fine and is sturdy.
I was just a skeptical but figured what the hell.
IMG_0268.jpg
Would you please describe how you mounted the winch plate? I assume the two brackets are mounted below the plate to the frame using the 6” tabbed nuts, but wanted to confirm since there are also 10 bolts and nuts, along with 20 washers.
Sponsored

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
Would you please describe how you mounted the winch plate? I assume the two brackets are mounted below the plate to the frame using the 6” tabbed nuts, but wanted to confirm since there are also 10 bolts and nuts, along with 20 washers.
Let me know what you figure out. I’m working on this step to. I believe the bracket is for part of the winch install but I’m not sure how it is supposed to go.

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok use the “L” or “7” shaped brackets to mount the winch plate the the frame. The two bolt holes in the bracket attach to the long slot on the winch plate. The bracket should face down and towards the rear of the vehicle. The bracket then mounts to the frame. The fasteners are the large bolts and nuts. Place a washer on each side. You should mount this first before installing bumper. To help get everything lined up use some zip ties in the bumper mounting holes in the front of the vehicle. Depending on your winch you may need to install the winch at this point. I had just enough room to slide mine in while the bumper was set in place with just two bolts. I’m to set bumper in I had someone press up from the bottom of the winch plate to help line up the holes.
I used the factory tow hooks and the factory LED fog lights. To use the factory fogs you will need to attach the included brackets.
I could not mount the bull bar as my winch sits up about 2” higher than the bull bar will clear. It will almost clear to the front but lacks about 1/2”. I may drill some holes so I can mount it a bit more forward. What’s 4 more holes. I think the bumper has 100 in it!

Jdschell

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Accord, 20 Palisade, 20 Gladiator
I'm not sure if it's legit or not, but my Rubi takeoff is.
Near Charlotte NC and I have the Mopar steel bumper (3 pieces), steel skid plate, LED lights, and nuts and bolts. No wiring harness available since I used it for my build.
$750. Fair once you consider the factory led lights and skid plate.

Problem solved? I sincerely wish none of you get scammed and are happy with whatever bumper you guys and gals get.
Cheers
James

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Is this steel rubicon bumper ad legit? 7583713D-ED66-4025-83E0-3154FC719150
I
I went ahead and drilled a couple of new holes just forward of the original holes to mount the bull bar. Here is a pic. I’d say not bad to have a winch and bumper for $765! I also can tell you at least 4 ways not to install the bumper of you are interested!

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wish you were closer James. I'd be interested but not enough to come to N C....
Sponsored