Sponsored

Is this OEM Mopar or a knock off rubicon steel bumper?

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
As long as you have the steel skid plate that comes with the "plastic" bumper, you don't need other brackets.

These are the only brackets needed - they attach to the frame using two bolts each bracket (you can see the bolts - silver - in this picture)

lower-skid-brackets.jpg
Thanks! I will just order the skid then.
Sponsored

lowso

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
cocksman
not sure about the metal bumpers doesn’t the weight hurt the feel of the car??

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
not sure about the metal bumpers doesn’t the weight hurt the feel of the car??
Sure didn't impact how mine rode or handled or feels. A bit of a drop in mpg, yes, but I also added the skid plate, a heavy winch at the same time.

Sponsored

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Jeep Wagoneer, Challenger HC RE WB
Sure didn't impact how mine rode or handled or feels. A bit of a drop in mpg, yes, but I also added the skid plate, a heavy winch at the same time.
Got a question for you. I just bought the knock off steel bumper and i have the rubicon gladiator metal skid plate that comes with the plastic bumper. I know to get this one to fit i would need to shave some of the bumper to get my skid to fit. My question is will i not be able to fit the winch plate with the skid plate from the plastic bumper? If i wanted to install the winch plate will I need the skid plate designed for the metal bumper?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Got a question for you. I just bought the knock off steel bumper and i have the rubicon gladiator metal skid plate that comes with the plastic bumper. I know to get this one to fit i would need to shave some of the bumper to get my skid to fit. My question is will i not be able to fit the winch plate with the skid plate from the plastic bumper? If i wanted to install the winch plate will I need the skid plate designed for the metal bumper?
I bought a Rubicon steel skid plate for use with the steel bumper. I haven't tried to fit the skid plate that goes with the plastic bumper.
I would have to look to refresh myself on how the front of the plastic bumper skid plate attaches at the front.
Sponsored