Sponsored

Knock off Rubicon metal bumper?

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
i had one of these installed on my JL and if you can before install hit it with some serious rustproofing (rhino lined) (linex) if possible, the winch plate is functional and i never bent it pulling f150s out of some med mud and heavy sand and snow BUT i did deform the bumper itself pretty easy when i would snug up the winch line which led to the rusting
Mine started to pit and flake with rust after about 12 months and only 1 winter
There were some good reviews on these Chinese bumpers so I picked one up. I used @ShadowsPapa link he posted somewhere on here. I had rust on it right out of the box. Didnā€™t care for it. It rusted so easy and just didnā€™t look right to me. But heck, I gave it a shot. Sold it at a substantial loss and bought a Barnes Pritchett Canyon. I get a boner every time I look at it now.
Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Iā€™ve got this same bumper. Iā€™ve had it on for almost 1.5 years. Structurally, itā€™s been sound. Iā€™ve noticed rust in a few spots where the end caps rubbed on the main bumper. Iā€™ve taken the end caps off for now to touch them up and file down the wear spots to keep it from happening again. I also notice it chipped easier then expected when I bumped it against the winch. But that hasnā€™t been a repeatable experience.

The red tow hooks are a disgrace, though. They turned pink within a matter of months. Again, they seem structurally fine. Itā€™s the lousy finish thatā€™s the problem. Iā€™ll get around to re-painting sooner or later. Or maybe Iā€™ll put the old ones back on, but that requires removing the whole bumper and that a serious pain the last time around.

The finish on the hard ware is also not good. Just another thing to touch up, and another reason I may put back the original tow hooks. But all in all, itā€™s still worth it to me for what Iā€™ve been able to save, and I really do like the look of it.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Iā€™m happy with mine. 1 1/2 years in with no complaints. My only rust or discoloration is in the Allen sockets of the upward facing screw heads. I swapped out my black Sport tow hooks during the installation and trashed the red ones. If the finish breaks down later Iā€™ll spray it with bed liner.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I have an MP Concepts aluminum bumper. Main selling point is weight savings 40 lbs vs 80 lbs. Even more so if you leave out the end caps and winch plate. Also no rusting šŸ˜ƒ

7F989B87-5DF1-49E7-97E8-F04390EF469D.jpeg

This bumper came with gloss red hooks šŸ¤® I used my oem orange hooks.
How was the install? I have been eyeing this bumper as it checks all the boxes for me but the description says only for JL.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
How was the install? I have been eyeing this bumper as it checks all the boxes for me but the description says only for JL.
I used my OEM hooks with this bumper. The fitment was a little tight, the bolts just barely line up with the frame horn bolt holes. If I had used the hooks that came with the bumper the fitment might have been better,

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
My install was very straightforward. The instructions were zip and I had some trouble figuring out the brackets for the winch plate. Shadowā€™s Papa helped me out with that. Some plastic hole plugs from Amazon filled in the sensor holes. I still think the bumper was a great deal.
Sponsored