Sponsored

Is this OEM Mopar or a knock off rubicon steel bumper?

Gobi-Wan Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
More info on the skid plate. I bought a bumper I was told was OEM, but I believe is a JTR. It had no skid plate, more info would be great!

37E15ED5-B10E-4EB7-95D2-331B02BA46AE_1_105_c.jpeg
I believe this bumper will work with any skid plate that works with the stock Rubicon metal bumper. There are a different number of bolts in the skid plate on the metal bumper so even a skid plate from a plastic Rubicon bumper will not fit. This has messed up a few people because they assumed that any Rubicon skid plate would work.
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
RN
More info on the skid plate. I bought a bumper I was told was OEM, but I believe is a JTR. It had no skid plate, more info would be great!

37E15ED5-B10E-4EB7-95D2-331B02BA46AE_1_105_c.jpeg
The fog light bezels are not the same as Mopar.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
The fog light bezels are not the same as Mopar.
yeah, those are customer fab to reduce the front bumper overhang. I really did not like those plastic bumps sticking out with nothing behind them. I shortened the bumper a few inches by removing them and replacing with simple patch panels.

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
RN
yeah, those are customer fab to reduce the front bumper overhang. I really did not like those plastic bumps sticking out with nothing behind them. I shortened the bumper a few inches by removing them and replacing with simple patch panels.
Ok. Nifty

Sponsored

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aerospace and defense Engeneer
Anyone selling a still Mopar bumper for a 2020 JT

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aerospace and defense Engeneer
If I ever get my bumper I wil sell you a real one for that price plus shipping un;ess you need one with parking sensors mine does not have the holes for the sensors
Do you still have your bumper

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Do you still have your bumper
If you dont mind turning a wrench you can buy all the pieces of the bumper separately and assemble it yourself for a lot cheaper. I bought one off of ebay that was not as described and was pretty much junk. So i found it cheaper to just buy the parts.. i reused the tow hooks from my sport which i wanted black anyway and put in after market lights and reused the bolts from the junk bumper. After that all the parts came to around 500 shipped

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It only fits on JL's its missing two bolt holes for the front bracket on a Gladiator.
WRONG. Fits JT just fine. EASY install, good fit, no issues. I didn't drill anything. Everything lined right up. Popped it into place and run in the nuts and bolts, done.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you need hardware or did you just use the hardware off your other skid?
The skid plate used with the "plastic" bumper has 4 brackets that hold it in place - rear/lower and front/upper.
With the steel bumper and skid plate MADE FOR the steel bumper, you only need the rear or lower brackets. You don't need the front brackets as the skid plate made for the steel bumper is held in place by the bumper in the front.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
The skid plate used with the "plastic" bumper has 4 brackets that hold it in place - rear/lower and front/upper.
With the steel bumper and skid plate MADE FOR the steel bumper, you only need the rear or lower brackets. You don't need the front brackets as the skid plate made for the steel bumper is held in place by the bumper in the front.
So it uses the same rear brackets as the other? Does it reuse all of the screws as well? I just noticed it’s around $100 cheaper to get just the skid without the hardware. I have the metal skid that came with the plastic bumper, btw.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There are two different steel skid plates. The one for the plastic bumper doesn't attach to the steel bumper.
But both style skid plates used the same rear brackets that attach it to the frame at the back or lower part of the skid plate.
If you have the skid plate used with the plastic bumper, you won't use the front brackets.

The "knock-off" bumper comes with screws to attach the skid plate to the bumper.
So if you buy the skid plate for use with the steel bumper, you'll have the two front brackets left over when you are done.

This is how the skid plate made for steel bumpers attaches at the front. It will use the same rear brackets as the other skid plate so leave those attached to the frame.

Jeep Gladiator Is this OEM Mopar or a knock off rubicon steel bumper? 20201016_115731_HDR

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
There are two different steel skid plates. The one for the plastic bumper doesn't attach to the steel bumper.
But both style skid plates used the same rear brackets that attach it to the frame at the back or lower part of the skid plate.
If you have the skid plate used with the plastic bumper, you won't use the front brackets.

The "knock-off" bumper comes with screws to attach the skid plate to the bumper.
So if you buy the skid plate for use with the steel bumper, you'll have the two front brackets left over when you are done.

This is how the skid plate made for steel bumpers attaches at the front. It will use the same rear brackets as the other skid plate so leave those attached to the frame.

Jeep Gladiator Is this OEM Mopar or a knock off rubicon steel bumper? 20201016_115731_HDR
I may go this route since its not too much to get the skid without the hardware. Just to confirm, and sorry for being repetitive, I only need to purchase the new skid itself and do not need the hardware that you can get with it?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I may go this route since its not too much to get the skid without the hardware. Just to confirm, and sorry for being repetitive, I only need to purchase the new skid itself and do not need the hardware that you can get with it?
As long as you have the steel skid plate that comes with the "plastic" bumper, you don't need other brackets.

These are the only brackets needed - they attach to the frame using two bolts each bracket (you can see the bolts - silver - in this picture)

Jeep Gladiator Is this OEM Mopar or a knock off rubicon steel bumper? lower-skid-brackets
Sponsored