Sponsored

Jeep added a spray liner in my Gladiator build & I didnt order that upgrade.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
@Kimbrowntxselect - same thing has happened to me. Dealer gave me a great deal already and I haven't taken delivery yet. Not sure whether it's worth bringing up because I assume I'll just eat it on trade value. Really frustrating.
@Kimbrowntxselect

The same thing happened to me. Not sure what to do. Had an order in early May. 99% sure it was built after the hail storm so that can be ruled out. Splitting the cost sounds semi reasonable but still BS.
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
@Kimbrowntxselect

The same thing happened to me. Not sure what to do. Had an order in early May. 99% sure it was built after the hail storm so that can be ruled out. Splitting the cost sounds semi reasonable but still BS.
You shouldn't have to pay for something you didn't want or order.

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking back to when I ordered my gladiator, the salesmen did muffle something over the phone about the bed. I didn’t think to much of it at the time but I’m thinking I should check to see if it was added as I didn’t request that option. I’ll make them eat the cost anyway if I did in-fact get it.

Chaimstein

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Punk'n on order, 1965 Pontiac 2+2
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking back to when I ordered my gladiator, the salesmen did muffle something over the phone about the bed. I didn’t think to much of it at the time but I’m thinking I should check to see if it was added as I didn’t request that option. I’ll make them eat the cost anyway if I did in-fact get it.
When I tried to order a Rubi last month (Punkin was not available yet) the salesman read a note on his order website that said some Jeep owners will get bedliners whether they ordered it or not. He said, "Interesting..." with a tone that implied, "That will cause me trouble."

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
This is why you get a signed bill of sale with the out the door price when you placed the order.

You should pay the number on the bill of sale and not a penny more. While adding options is unusual it does happen. And Jeep also raise prices any time during the model year.

If you have a good dealer they won’t change your price. If they try to then You should walk.

The price of my JL went up $500 the day after i ordered. Tri-City never even considered making me pay the difference.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
This is why you get a signed bill of sale with the out the door price when you placed the order.

You should pay the number on the bill of sale and not a penny more. While adding options is unusual it does happen. And Jeep also raise prices any time during the model year.

If you have a good dealer they won’t change your price. If they try to then You should walk.

The price of my JL went up $500 the day after i ordered. Tri-City never even considered making me pay the difference.
Thanks so much! That's who I ordered from and have that. Cant wait to get the call they finnaly have it there and go get it!

bradj1964

First Name
brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but just got my Build Sticker & Build sheet from the Tracking & my vehicle apparently has a spray in bed liner added in that I didn't order or add. The Bill of Sale sheet I signed doesn't have it in my purchase or the POC(Priced Order Confirmation) from Dealership I ordered with. I don't know if Jeep will eat this or not for it being Jeep Mistake?
just got my build sticker and they stuck a spray on bed liner on mine too, I didn't order it either!

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have a Rubicon I bought off the lot with no bedliner. I have to say the paint in the bed is very thin and scratched through with just putting a couple of plastic diesel cans in it. Line -X bedliner is on the horizon pretty quick. I wonder if this has any bearing on this issue.

I'm thinking they will all come from the factory lined in the future unless they change the paint process.

I'm disappointed in that regard and hoping the paint on the outsides is much thicker

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
While I DID request the bedliner, FCA added the Premium Soft Top after it went through. I was on the fence about that one, and don’t mind too much.

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I confirmed with the dealership today that the spray on bedliner was added. I’ll bring it up at the time it arrives but I may eat the cost as mine is a lease so I’m sure it was added to prevent issues with the truck bed.

Sponsored

spoon

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler chrysler aspen jeep gadiator almost
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but just got my Build Sticker & Build sheet from the Tracking & my vehicle apparently has a spray in bed liner added in that I didn't order or add. The Bill of Sale sheet I signed doesn't have it in my purchase or the POC(Priced Order Confirmation) from Dealership I ordered with. I don't know if Jeep will eat this or not for it being Jeep Mistake?

spoon

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler chrysler aspen jeep gadiator almost
Based on what's been said on other threads, it seems like FCA expects either the customer to pay for it or the dealer to eat the cost. Not a very good business practice either way. What gives, @JeepCares?
I had the same issue with my red Sport S. I had NOT ordered the spray in bed liner and yet it was sent to the upfit center for the spray in bed liner. This delayed my order by 7 weeks (built on 5-15-19) and picked up at dealer on 7-06-19. Yes, I tried to get the dealer to pay for the bed liner. Unfortunately they declined and I had to pay a additional $441 (employee price) for the bed liner. I was told that they had a batch of Gladiators with a defect in the paint on the bed and the decision was made to add the bed liner rather than repaint the bed.

I

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I had the same issue with my red Sport S. I had NOT ordered the spray in bed liner and yet it was sent to the upfit center for the spray in bed liner. This delayed my order by 7 weeks (built on 5-15-19) and picked up at dealer on 7-06-19. Yes, I tried to get the dealer to pay for the bed liner. Unfortunately they declined and I had to pay a additional $441 (employee price) for the bed liner. I was told that they had a batch of Gladiators with a defect in the paint on the bed and the decision was made to add the bed liner rather than repaint the bed.

I
That's just terrible customer service. You wait more than 2 months for a car you didn't even order and then they make you pay the difference for something you didn't even want.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I
That's BS. I would have at least made them split it.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I would have told them to eat it, and then pay to have it removed so I could have a proper bed liner installed later. I would NOT want the factory liner.
Sponsored