Jeep Cares is absolutely no help - 159 Days in the shop and counting

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
I found this site and phone number. It looks like the right next step for your situation.

If even these guys crap out on you, there is a link to the arbitration site for the auto industry. I recommend giving Arbitration a shot before pursuing Lemon Law.

I wrote a whole bunch of stuff on how the non-binding Arbitration process works, but I deleted it. In my experience it’s very rare to have to take that step in this type of situation. Cross that bridge if we come to it.

Good luck!

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/lemon-law.html
Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Well so far email worked....looks like it made it to everyone I had on the to line (except the CEO)...just got off the call with someone from Mark Bosanac's office and we are working on a number of different paths...from repair to buyback to getting me a truck to use in the meantime.....the power of this forum helps... I had no clue of this guys name before I posted this thread... Thx
Nice- glad you're getting somewhere!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree should have pursued a while back....I have dumped 30K after market in this truck that I won't get if I lemon law...but likely I need to spend the money to get it back to stock, lemon it and either get a new glad or sell all the after market stuff for pennies on the dollar.....it is really a math problem and I just need to remove my attachment and emotion from what I built that I fell in love with versus what has failed me...
How hard would it be to return it to stock? Then get a new Gladiator and put the mods back on the new one.

Like I said, I'm sure they wouldn't even fight you on it. You so clearly are owed a buy-back.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Jeep Cares does not drill down on problems nor are they all things to all people. Their scope is pretty limited outside just facilitating communications between you and the dealership.
Less support than Jeep Wave then

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
How hard would it be to return it to stock? Then get a new Gladiator and put the mods back on the new one.

Like I said, I'm sure they wouldn't even fight you on it. You so clearly are owed a buy-back.
I asked about that...as part of the buy back they will look and try and figure in the upgrades.I went over the extent and pricing of them... I have all the receipts...It is a full on Rebel Off Road build... "tera flex, fox race 2.5's, yeti steering, rock slide engineering steps, baja design Squadron fogs, LP4's, warn winch, 37's on KMC Bead Lock Grenades, color matched to the sting gray inners w/red bead, 2K retractable tonneau with rails, yakima crossbars ect... there is 28-30k in parts and install.....to turn it back it stock I have to pay for deinstall...likely I can get stock stuff from Rebel as they have so many jeeps they are doing... and then I would have to pay for the reinstall...not a insignificant number so would rather work something out with Chrysler...As well as I told them I am not sure I want another gladiator....may go different brand or Ram Power wagon at this point...

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked about that...as part of the buy back they will look and try and figure in the upgrades.I went over the extent and pricing of them... I have all the receipts...It is a full on Rebel Off Road build... "tera flex, fox race 2.5's, yeti steering, rock slide engineering steps, baja design Squadron fogs, LP4's, warn winch, 37's on KMC Bead Lock Grenades, color matched to the sting gray inners w/red bead, 2K retractable tonneau with rails, yakima crossbars ect... there is 28-30k in parts and install.....to turn it back it stock I have to pay for deinstall...likely I can get stock stuff from Rebel as they have so many jeeps they are doing... and then I would have to pay for the reinstall...not a insignificant number so would rather work something out with Chrysler...As well as I told them I am not sure I want another gladiator....may go different brand or Ram Power wagon at this point...
Ugh. What a nightmare. you will get absolutely screwed if they buy it back from you with that stuff installed.

I've actually been thinking about your problem a lot today.

This would be my negotiating position. Let me know what you think.

I will not pursue a lemon law buyback if you.

1) Provide me with a loaner from this point on. A 2 door Wrangler sport should suffice.
2) Give me a Mopar extended warranty. Something in the 8 year 90k mile range should be good.

Then you have some peace of mind that you won't get screwed if it does anything like this out of warranty.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
Ugh. What a nightmare. you will get absolutely screwed if they buy it back from you with that stuff installed.

I've actually been thinking about your problem a lot today.

This would be my negotiating position. Let me know what you think.

I will not pursue a lemon law buyback if you.

1) Provide me with a loaner from this point on. A 2 door Wrangler sport should suffice.
2) Give me a Mopar extended warranty. Something in the 8 year 90k mile range should be good.

Then you have some peace of mind that you won't get screwed if it does anything like this out of warranty.
During the fuel pump issue I had Jeep Cares provide 6yr 100mile warranty... Today they already said I could rent a truck on my own and they will cover it....I need a truck a wrangler won't suffice. I tow boats, launch boats and the wrangler is too small...I had a 2 door rubi JL before the glad.

We will see what they come back with ....

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
careful..you just might start to like the power/towing of the truck...lol
if so-- jsut tell the youll trade straight up for a 2500 ram limited....

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
During the fuel pump issue I had Jeep Cares provide 6yr 100mile warranty... Today they already said I could rent a truck on my own and they will cover it....I need a truck a wrangler won't suffice. I tow boats, launch boats and the wrangler is too small...I had a 2 door rubi JL before the glad.

We will see what they come back with ....
If that is the case, then I'd probably be fine with letting it run as long as possible.

Unless you will miss the off road abilities of the Gladiator. If its a decent truck its a bonus to be putting miles on someone else's car for "free".

Finally the back and forth is a hassle. Once all the work is done, I would suggest that you ask the service manager to drive the Jeep back and forth to work for a week to make sure nothing else comes up.

If you would rather not do that, then maybe hang onto the truck for a couple of days when you get the Jeep back.

I know that when we had difficult service situations the owner of the dealership would drive the car for a few days to make sure everything was right. Then we would send it out back for a full detail. (our detail guy was very good, not a hack like some) and make sure the customer got it back running right and absolutely spotless.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Once all the work is done, I would suggest that you ask the service manager to drive the Jeep back and forth to work for a week to make sure nothing else comes up.
Not sure I'd do that. A week, that's long enough? And with insurance and laws how they are? He gets a ticket for blowing a red light or speeding, owner is responsible. They capture the plate, not the driver.
Accident? Owner's insurance pays property damage and medical.
Messy.
It's not like trying to find an existing problem - they often have to drive one to do that, but driving for a week after repairs on a vehicle now operating normally?
Not me, and I'd bet they'd not do it either. Too much at risk.
In Iowa, MI and many other states - the owner pays parking, speeding, red light tickets, etc.
I'm not agreeing with the laws and regs (not in all cases, anyway, sometimes they have their place) but I'd only tell anyone to drive my vehicle when trying to find an issue, or a test drive as needed to determine if a repair was a success. You know the shop wouldn't cover the guy for driving it that long - you would.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, then lets say a couple of days. It would help to reduce the chance of a come-back.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, then lets say a couple of days. It would help to reduce the chance of a come-back.
Yeah.
And I wasn't saying I didn't wish things like that could be done (but then, there'd be a backlog of vehicles waiting to be driven for days by shop employees and no employee would ever have to drive their own vehicle as long as they worked there LOL)
It's just such a climate these days - insurance, laws, regulations, risks, attorney's watching like vultures...........
Your concept is fine, the practical application could be problematic..

My bosses both said to TEST DRIVE every vehicle we worked on (when it was a 69 AMX 390 4 speed, heck yeah!) So I drove highway patrol cars, local police cars, farm trucks, narc vehicles from 'Vettes to MOPARs with 440 six packs, motorcycles, whatever. But with every drive, there were risks. You mess up driving a car belonging to the IHP and you are in deep doo-doo. But the boss's policy is you drive it, put it through its paces, make sure it's right before the customer gets it back.

Times have changed............... you can't get 'em to drive around the parking lot these days. Likely for a multitude of reasons.

Having been there, I can understand some of the reluctance or hesitation, or even problems involved. You are out on a drive and some girl driving a Camry is texting, blows a light and smacks the vehicle you are test driving......... talk about sticky. As the owner, you'd be really pissed. And yet - sometimes driving a vehicle is the only real way to know if an issue is truly resolved. As a mechanic, I get that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Do NOT sell this or your current headache will be compounded by the new owner trying to come back to you for selling a defective vehicle.

Also it's a totals scumbag thing to do.
Why not? Dealers do all the time.

/s

I would love an Alfa Giulia, and every once in a while a '17 would pop up for under $20k with low miles. No free CARFAX report, even though the dealer has others with free reports. :movember: I realize that this must be one of the "repaired" cars that had the horrible problems.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you are diplomatic, and ask for their help instead of bitching. Good luck!
Sorry, I just really wanted to stress this above quote as it's one of the best pieces of advice I have seen in years and really reminds me of advice I got years ago.
As a person diagnosed with severe ADHD (emphasis on SEVERE) I'm no expert on conflict resolution (check the YT link in my sig - long but explains a lot)
I was a manager, second to the president and CEO of a head injury rehab facility in the 90s.
I was in charge of maintenance, safety, the housekeep staff, and all communications (phones, computers, networking, records archiving)
I was having a heck of a time with another manager there. We clashed a lot. She was a nice enough person but things were really problematic between us. On staff was a neuro-psychologist. He saw what was going on and wanted to help. So he gave me advice that I wish I could always remember and always apply - he basically said go to the other party/person, tell them you are aware of the problems, and ask them what YOU can do to fix it, and ask for their help.
You disarm them. They are expecting the opposite and now they have to rethink and back up a step or two. You are acknowledging there is a conflict, you are suggesting it might be on you, and you are asking for their help.
Now that doesn't all apply to things like cars and trucks where you are working with a large organization and you haven't been the problem - but you are asking for their help in a resolution and show you are not confrontational and are asking for their help in a resolution.
You have just forced them to take their armor off and go to a different page in their book.
There is a problem you need help, what can be done to work together for a resolution.
Asking for help seems to trigger totally different parts of the brain and personality.
Doesn't matter how much I might dislike a person, doesn't matter what they may have done to me, or I think they may have done, when someone asks for help, I have trouble saying no.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Sorry, I just really wanted to stress this above quote as it's one of the best pieces of advice I have seen in years and really reminds me of advice I got years ago.
As a person diagnosed with severe ADHD (emphasis on SEVERE) I'm no expert on conflict resolution (check the YT link in my sig - long but explains a lot)
I was a manager, second to the president and CEO of a head injury rehab facility in the 90s.
I was in charge of maintenance, safety, the housekeep staff, and all communications (phones, computers, networking, records archiving)
I was having a heck of a time with another manager there. We clashed a lot. She was a nice enough person but things were really problematic between us. On staff was a neuro-psychologist. He saw what was going on and wanted to help. So he gave me advice that I wish I could always remember and always apply - he basically said go to the other party/person, tell them you are aware of the problems, and ask them what YOU can do to fix it, and ask for their help.
You disarm them. They are expecting the opposite and now they have to rethink and back up a step or two. You are acknowledging there is a conflict, you are suggesting it might be on you, and you are asking for their help.
Now that doesn't all apply to things like cars and trucks where you are working with a large organization and you haven't been the problem - but you are asking for their help in a resolution and show you are not confrontational and are asking for their help in a resolution.
You have just forced them to take their armor off and go to a different page in their book.
There is a problem you need help, what can be done to work together for a resolution.
Asking for help seems to trigger totally different parts of the brain and personality.
Doesn't matter how much I might dislike a person, doesn't matter what they may have done to me, or I think they may have done, when someone asks for help, I have trouble saying no.
I appreciate it, @ShadowsPapa - I was given very similar advice. Really does go a long way!
Sponsored