First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Many dealerships are corporately owned. It's worth a shot there, too. Here, one "guy" (a corporation) owns almost every Jeep dealer. Some others owned by another, only a couple are actually not owned with a dozen others by some out of state guy who has never even seen his dealerships.

Your last part of the last paragraph says it well - keep it to the point, logical, bullet points, facts and no emotion. Emotion and anger turn them off and they'll be defensive right off the bat.
Agreed. I would typically start the email off with something like "My apologies for the blanketed email, but I really don't know who to reach out to for help, at this point..... and then start the bulleted list.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I would typically start the email off with something like "My apologies for the blanketed email, but I really don't know who to reach out to for help, at this point..... and then start the bulleted list.
Wow, very well said.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have pursued a lemon law buyback a LOOONNNNGGGG time ago. Unless they were giving me a really great loaner. In which case I'd be happy to let them take as long as they wanted as I put miles on their car.

Either way. This is a slam dunk for a lemon law buyback. I suspect that after all this time, they wouldn't even fight you on it.

CA (the state of the OP) has some of the strictest lemon laws in the country. If the vehicle is in the shop for 30 days in the first 18 months.

The OP has been without his car 5 TIMES THAT LONG!!!.

Lemon law it. 100%.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
I agree should have pursued a while back....I have dumped 30K after market in this truck that I won't get if I lemon law...but likely I need to spend the money to get it back to stock, lemon it and either get a new glad or sell all the after market stuff for pennies on the dollar.....it is really a math problem and I just need to remove my attachment and emotion from what I built that I fell in love with versus what has failed me...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would have pursued a lemon law buyback a LOOONNNNGGGG time ago. Unless they were giving me a really great loaner. In which case I'd be happy to let them take as long as they wanted as I put miles on their car.

Either way. This is a slam dunk for a lemon law buyback. I suspect that after all this time, they wouldn't even fight you on it.

CA (the state of the OP) has some of the strictest lemon laws in the country. If the vehicle is in the shop for 30 days in the first 18 months.

The OP has been without his car 5 TIMES THAT LONG!!!.

Lemon law it. 100%.
I think Iowa has CA beat ;) (oh, I just had to do that) And Iowa doesn't directly specify new, so technically a low miles used car less than 2 years old can qualify -
  • Be under two years old, and
  • Have less than 24,000 miles on it, and
  • Weigh less than 15,000 lbs. (Weight is listed on vehicle title and registration. Average weight for new vehicles produced in model year 2015 = 4,305 lbs. -- www.epa.gov).
So if I bought a used Gladiator, 2021 model with under 24,000 miles, it would technically qualify.

Iowa - one or more of the following:
  • The vehicle has been in the shop three or more times for the same problem and the problem still exists;
  • The vehicle has been in the shop one time due to a defect likely to cause serious bodily injury or death and the problem still exists;
  • The vehicle has been out of service for any number of problems for 20 or more days, and a problem still exists. The days do not need to be consecutive.

2 visits of 10 days each and it qualifies. 3 visits of 7 days each, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW...there are only 11K miles on this Gladiator....and literally no offroad other than off road and in a dealership... :)

Nacho1103

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
Sorry you’re going through all this. Sounds like it’s time to look up your state’s lemon laws.
I would’ve had a lawyer send out some letters at 100 days and demand a complete replacement or Refund and damages. Pay that kind of money and have this bs. Nope

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I agree with others that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would definitely look into CA's lemon law as you've got a good case. If I recall it states you have to take your vehicle in for the same problem three times or be out of commission XXX amount of days.

I also agree that no owner/customer should have to go through this. Especially on a $60K vehicle. I'm sure everyone is pointing at each other internally saying there are parts shortages and whatnot, but they need to make this right.

This is another proverbial nail in the dealership model's coffin. Dealerships as we know them will be gone in 15 years (or sooner).
CA's lemon laws are super generous and you only need like a month in the first 18 or something for it to qualify. I don't believe time waiting on parts is part of that calculation (or there would be a lot of lemons in this economy) but it sounds like OP is getting pretty close to that without the waiting time.

I say initiate the lemon law process and let them fall over themselves to help.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just sent them this... We will see what happens; I already got a denied access to send to Christine's email as it looks like its blocking on their side at the outlook/exchange level...but no kickbacks yet from the others so maybe the email syntax is correct...I sent to head of parts, global parts head, ceo, head of jeep, head of US sales...anyone that looked like they may be affiliated.. and ca mediation board..

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Cares is absolutely no help - 159 Days in the shop and counting 1652384335555

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I would either lemon it or sell it depending on what you think is a better option. Lemon laws exist for a reason and you just got a bad one. I would get another one without worry seeing the poll in the diesel section indicating 95+% don't have issues. It proves the majority don't have issues, but you hate to see it and I feel bad for anyone stuck at the dealer due to parts issues.

Sponsored

rubi2022sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon 1966 Jeep commando
Occupation
Lawyer
I would lemon law this. The longer you wait the more they are going to try and get out of this. I would push now as much as you can.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
CA Lemon Law is 30+ days in shop for a warrantied vehicle. You are way way way beyond that, why didn't you go this route already?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I would either lemon it or sell it depending on what you think is a better option. Lemon laws exist for a reason and you just got a bad one. I would get another one without worry seeing the poll in the diesel section indicating 95+% don't have issues. It proves the majority don't have issues, but you hate to see it and I feel bad for anyone stuck at the dealer due to parts issues.
Do NOT sell this or your current headache will be compounded by the new owner trying to come back to you for selling a defective vehicle.

Also it's a totals scumbag thing to do.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well so far email worked....looks like it made it to everyone I had on the to line (except the CEO)...just got off the call with someone from Mark Bosanac's office and we are working on a number of different paths...from repair to buyback to getting me a truck to use in the meantime.....the power of this forum helps... I had no clue of this guys name before I posted this thread... Thx

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic