Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
So looks as if I'll be suing FCA

I'm close to being over my mileage for my warranty on my 21 rubicon.
I have and issue with my instrument lights. My appointment at the dealership is over a month away. I use my gladiator for work and will certainly be out of warranty when my appointment comes.

Jeep cares is of no help and I honestly don't care if it takes a few months to repair. They need to open the ticket. I have video of issue, the GM of my dealership has seen it and yet refuses to open or document my issue at the current mileage.
Any of you have similar issues?

Oh and I was supposed to get a call back from a supervisor at Jeep cares....y'all know that didn't happen.

This isn't my first Jeep but, it'll be my last.
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
There's a bunch of dealers. Have you tried a different one? No need to go to the one you bought your vehicle from. Unfortunately, I think FCA has a huge dealer consistency problem which is made very evident by posts on the forum. Many balk at the slightest thing and take drastic and unequal responses to those issues.

If that dealer doesn't have appointments available for a month then go somewhere else.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
So looks as if I'll be suing FCA

I'm close to being over my mileage for my warranty on my 21 rubicon.
I have and issue with my instrument lights. My appointment at the dealership is over a month away. I use my gladiator for work and will certainly be out of warranty when my appointment comes.

Jeep cares is of no help and I honestly don't care if it takes a few months to repair. They need to open the ticket. I have video of issue, the GM of my dealership has seen it and yet refuses to open or document my issue at the current mileage.
Any of you have similar issues?

Oh and I was supposed to get a call back from a supervisor at Jeep cares....y'all know that didn't happen.

This isn't my first Jeep but, it'll be my last.
If you would prefer to work with someone over the phone you can reach Jeep Customer Care team at (877) 426-5337.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Call their customer care.
Seriously, go to a different dealer.
Around here there's no waiting a month to get in. A couple of weeks tops if you call for an appointment for something larger than basic stuff, but often you can get in and at least get to talk to someone and get the problem logged in.
(I've gone in with a list and told them "I realized you may not be able to take care of all of this today, do what you can, at least get the paperwork going and I'll bring it back later if needed". Funny thing - they took care of the whole thing that day, quickly, and even did some stuff for free.
Dealers are not Jeep. They are either family owned, privately owned or owned by huge corporations with a dozen or more dealerships around the country (like here). Jeep has little control over them other than certain perks and priorities a dealership can get by having great ratings. Otherwise, Jeep has pretty much no control as long as no contracts are broken.

If all else fails -
Send a certified letter to the dealership - signature required - documenting things. Be nice, bullet points, logical, etc. If you report an issue before warranty is up - you are still covered so push to get SOMEONE to get it into the system.

Threats of law suits seldom work - but telling them of your fears of loss of warranty and trying hard to get someone to at least acknowledge that you have been trying will go a long ways. Don't make 'em defensive - if it later comes down to something more serious you will be better off showing that you pulled out all the stops, you did YOUR due diligence, they did not.
Don't make them raise their hackles and get defensive.

OP
OP
Redneckpanda

Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Call their customer care.
Seriously, go to a different dealer.
Around here there's no waiting a month to get in. A couple of weeks tops if you call for an appointment for something larger than basic stuff, but often you can get in and at least get to talk to someone and get the problem logged in.
(I've gone in with a list and told them "I realized you may not be able to take care of all of this today, do what you can, at least get the paperwork going and I'll bring it back later if needed". Funny thing - they took care of the whole thing that day, quickly, and even did some stuff for free.
Dealers are not Jeep. They are either family owned, privately owned or owned by huge corporations with a dozen or more dealerships around the country (like here). Jeep has little control over them other than certain perks and priorities a dealership can get by having great ratings. Otherwise, Jeep has pretty much no control as long as no contracts are broken.

If all else fails -
Send a certified letter to the dealership - signature required - documenting things. Be nice, bullet points, logical, etc. If you report an issue before warranty is up - you are still covered so push to get SOMEONE to get it into the system.

Threats of law suits seldom work - but telling them of your fears of loss of warranty and trying hard to get someone to at least acknowledge that you have been trying will go a long ways. Don't make 'em defensive - if it later comes down to something more serious you will be better off showing that you pulled out all the stops, you did YOUR due diligence, they did not.
Don't make them raise their hackles and get defensive.

Oh I've called them. Nearest dealer I can get into is 3hr one way. Jeep cares won't tell me one way or the other if they'd reimburse my time, mileage and travel expenses.

Jeep offered a product, I have an issue with that product that ultimately is a safety issue. Jeep licenses and franchises agreements state they will provide Warranty repairs and services.

It's not my problem they don't have the techs or scheduling issues. I have a problem its within the warranty, they won't open a ticket. And I have video of it this time. The dealerships GM seen the video confirmed it was an issues but wouldn't open a ticket on it until it gets into a bay. His excuse, warranty tickets over 30 days are difficult to have paid out. Jeep cares phone call today stated otherwise......someone is lying so this is the route I've chosen.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redneckpanda

Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
If you would prefer to work with someone over the phone you can reach Jeep Customer Care team at (877) 426-5337.
Already tried that apparently FCA is not honoring their product warranty

You can look it up case #80529698

OP
OP
Redneckpanda

Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
There's a bunch of dealers. Have you tried a different one? No need to go to the one you bought your vehicle from. Unfortunately, I think FCA has a huge dealer consistency problem which is made very evident by posts on the forum. Many balk at the slightest thing and take drastic and unequal responses to those issues.

If that dealer doesn't have appointments available for a month then go somewhere else.
Nearest dealer is that can get me in, in a timely manner is 3 hrs one way. Jeep cares refuses to answer if they'd cover my time, mileage and travel expenses.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I've called them. Nearest dealer I can get into is 3hr one way. Jeep cares won't tell me one way or the other if they'd reimburse my time, mileage and travel expenses.

Jeep offered a product, I have an issue with that product that ultimately is a safety issue. Jeep licenses and franchises agreements state they will provide Warranty repairs and services.

It's not my problem they don't have the techs or scheduling issues. I have a problem its within the warranty, they won't open a ticket. And I have video of it this time. The dealerships GM seen the video confirmed it was an issues but wouldn't open a ticket on it until it gets into a bay. His excuse, warranty tickets over 30 days are difficult to have paid out. Jeep cares phone call today stated otherwise......someone is lying so this is the route I've chosen.
That dealership is full of it.
If it was difficult to get paid out - then dealers who start diagnosing things like engine troubles, ticking, pinging, and/or who tear things down, order parts, and wait 30 days for the parts and then spend another week putting it all back together must be having a heck of a time getting their money from Jeep. Some people here have had their Jeeps at dealers for a month. You know the ticket was opened a month ago.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Bet it’s cheaper than suing Jeep.

that dealer could probably arange a loaner while yours is being diagnosed and fixed.

OP
OP
Redneckpanda

Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
That dealership is full of it.
If it was difficult to get paid out - then dealers who start diagnosing things like engine troubles, ticking, pinging, and/or who tear things down, order parts, and wait 30 days for the parts and then spend another week putting it all back together must be having a heck of a time getting their money from Jeep. Some people here have had their Jeeps at dealers for a month. You know the ticket was opened a month ago.
Someone is lying to me, insulting my intelligence is one way to not have a good time dealing with me.

As I stated earlier, I don't care if it takes months to fix I want them to actually open the ticket before I'm out of warranty. At this point it's become a matter of principal.

As someone who used to work for a Jeep dealership it can be done and what I'm requesting is not unreasonable.

They are going to screw around and find out, my issues is intermittent cluster lights.....that is a safety issue and I'm being pushed aside.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redneckpanda

Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Bet it’s cheaper than suing Jeep.

that dealer could probably arange a loaner while yours is being diagnosed and fixed.
Meh, they'll be covering attorney fees
My dealer didn't offer a loner and when asked they stated they put they in inventory.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Meh, they'll be covering attorney fees
My dealer didn't offer a loner and when asked they stated they put they in inventory.
you seem pretty confident. I’ll be honest. I have no idea what you’d even be suing them for.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
As I stated earlier, I don't care if it takes months to fix I want them to actually open the ticket before I'm out of warranty. At this point it's become a matter of principal.

As someone who used to work for a Jeep dealership it can be done and what I'm requesting is not unreasonable.
Absolutely agree 100%. As long as they get it in the notes, along with the miles on the clock when you reported it - that's all you care about, that's all most of us would care about. Totally reasonable.

We don't know how close to the edge of miles in warranty you are, so anything else is speculation on the part of anyone else.
Don't even mention the dealership, etc. if you are serious about even nicely pursuing things. That loses yo leverage and presenting yourself as the harmed party.