Sponsored

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
An avalanche design would have been amazing with a 4' bed. Collapse the bed/cab bulkhead to get a 6' bed or massive interior with a camper shell while saveing 4-6" of length by combining the two "tubs" and loping off the back foot of overhang. Honestly the hood is longer than it needs to be as well, take a couple inches off the front end and a 130" wheelbase with 40 degree approach and departure angles wouldn't be too hard to create.

I'd also prefer all models to have a roll down rear window like the tundra. Roll down the window and remove a few hard panels on the roof (or flip back a center soft top, maybe something like the wranglers power top) and you get full convertible. It's quite obnoxious to have to lift 3/4 of the roof off in 1 piece.

I did see a few of these at the Overland Expo. They appeared to be well done.

https://www.americansafarijxl.com/

1634055187041.png

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I did see a few of these at the Overland Expo. They appeared to be well done.

https://www.americansafarijxl.com/

1634055187041.png
Once the Wrangler went to the 4 door Unlimited and then the JT came along, this extended version always made sense to me as a logical "next step" at some point. They can cram 3 rows in there and appeal to soccer Moms wanted something more rugged.

With the death of the sedan (as we know it) at some point in the future, these types of truck/SUV variations will keep surfacing.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Don't be fooled, I have the 3rd row and humans don't fit.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So this is my very quick, very dirty approximation of a wrangler on a gladiator frame. The bottom image shows the same 137.3" gladiator wheel base with the wrangler body overhang so all 21.3" gained is between the axles body wise. Also note the very crude 8" high roof with basket/rack.

This is what I suspect they are teasing in a round about way.

And yes, I know it's a JKU not a JLU. I don't have a JLU so I didn't bother developing any graphics to help me think in JLU. Just squint, you'll be fine.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Concepts Teased Ahead of SEMA 2021 LWB Wrangler Unlimited JK

Attachments

BlackBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It has to be the JL because its from a position behind the location of the bulkhead; you only see tub rail not not bulkhead for the tub or the bed.

Drivers window, drivers rear passenger window, rear cargo window.

you don't see the rear JT bulkhead, but the lower portion of the image is faded out.
Look at the roll bar. Seems to drop immediately at or closely after the rear seat?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
you don't see the rear JT bulkhead, but the lower portion of the image is faded out.
Look at the roll bar. Seems to drop immediately at or closely after the rear seat?
But you can see down to the latch anchor for car seats.

There is a lot we don't see going on true but if this was a JT with a whole contiguous top you would have to content with the bulkheads and the air gap between them, easier I think to slice up some JL tub, use the JT roll structure and then build an additional hoop frame using the new head space created with the high roof. It's not like they haven't done this before.

5bc340e0091-2015-03-Jeep-Wrangler-Africa-Concept03.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-08-1.jpg

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
That's the new Mopar Expedition Camper top in the 3rd pic. High cabin with windows all the way back to total cabin / bed coverage. One big open high hard top.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
That's the new Mopar Expedition Camper top in the 3rd pic. High cabin with windows all the way back to total cabin / bed coverage. One big open high hard top.
So... if you know so much, show some pictures. :clap:

Sponsored

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
It has to be the JL because its from a position behind the location of the bulkhead; you only see tub rail not not bulkhead for the tub or the bed.

Drivers window, drivers rear passenger window, rear cargo window.
that and the bed is seperated from the body on the gladiator , one top cant bridge that gap as the bed and body can flex independently

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
We've seen plenty of 715/725 themed stuff before, it would be glorious to see it in a production style full size truck.

jt_southwest

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Jeep JKUR
Not sure what to ezpect. But I will be at the SEMA show in a couple of weeks and will see them in oerson.
Sponsored