First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Occupation
Animation
Looks like all the promo art is influenced by Spiderman Into the spider-verse. :)

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
EV's going to be all the rage.
I just don’t get it. I know folks are smarter than this. The tech just isn’t there yet. At some point maybe, but not yet. Too many other issues are being caused and the result is worse than what we have…not even close. …and the general consumer is enabling it all because they aren’t thinking.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
So, let me start this by saying... I'm also not into the EV's. BUT... I can definitely recognize their space in the industry, and I absolutely welcome it.

I welcome it because of the things that it will do to advance us as a whole. If we all consistently shut down the EV market over and over, I feel like we won't gain experience and insight into what life could be like in other areas. I think its great to get the mental ball rolling for other inventors/creators.

Think back to the 1990's/2000's when mobile phones and internet was ENTIRELY different. Hell...think back to the first car, or even the lightbulb. Where we've come in 100 years in incredibly mind-blowing. In the last 20 year alone, we've advanced tremendously.

So, while I am not the type of person to go buy an EV for myself... I do absolutely embrace its potential to drive other areas of thought with it. Granted, there's always cons/negatives associated with just about everything... but that's okay

:)

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So, let me start this by saying... I'm also not into the EV's. BUT... I can definitely recognize their space in the industry, and I absolutely welcome it.

I welcome it because of the things that it will do to advance us as a whole. If we all consistently shut down the EV market over and over, I feel like we won't gain experience and insight into what life could be like in other areas. I think its great to get the mental ball rolling for other inventors/creators.

Think back to the 1990's/2000's when mobile phones and internet was ENTIRELY different. Hell...think back to the first car, or even the lightbulb. Where we've come in 100 years in incredibly mind-blowing. In the last 20 year alone, we've advanced tremendously.

So, while I am not the type of person to go buy an EV for myself... I do absolutely embrace its potential to drive other areas of thought with it. Granted, there's always cons/negatives associated with just about everything... but that's okay

:)
Im all for the idea as long as it’s not force fed down our throats before it’s even viable - which is exactly what they’re trying to do.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Im all for the idea as long as it’s not force fed down our throats before it’s even viable - which is exactly what they’re trying to do.
I agree, I definitely don't want to be forced. But I also don't feel forced at all. I don't think we will have an all-inclusive EV market for at least 10 years... but probably even longer. By then I feel like they can work out a bunch of the major issues.

There are plenty of non-ev vehicle options out there to choose from right now, and I believe it will stay that way for some time yet.

I'm excited to see where it goes. Who knows...maybe in 20 years it'll be like the Jetsons lmao

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
Didn't Mopar (or whatever you call them) buy the patent to the BMW extended range EV system? The one that is backed up by the diesel generator that runs all the time charging the battery?

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I don't think we will have an all-inclusive EV market for at least 10 years... but probably even longer.

I'm excited to see where it goes. Who knows...maybe in 20 years it'll be like the Jetsons.
In 20 years, I will likely be more worried about if I can hold it long enough to get to the bathroom rather than worry about an EV. ;)

Last edited:

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Sometimes I wonder for all the people hating on EVs-- the pentastar is a gutless, recession era engine that makes torque at all the wrong times. There's nary a NA V6 on the market that makes me envious. Either give me a V8, or full electric. I am looking forward to trading my gladiator in for something with a modern engine/motor.

coalcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2007 2-door Wrangler X
Sometimes I wonder for all the people hating on EVs-- the pentastar is a gutless, recession era engine that makes torque at all the wrong times. There's nary a NA V6 on the market that makes me envious. Either give me a V8, or full electric. I am looking forward to trading my gladiator in for something with a modern engine/motor.
I don’t think it’s “hating” as much as it is resentment that EVs are more or less going to be forced on us, regardless of viability. Meaning , in some of our larger population states, like California and New York, they are banning the sale of new ICE vehicles by 2030 or 2035, by more or less eliminating all choices other than EVs. Yep, a lot can change between now and then, but I don’t want to be forced to buy one if I want a new car. Would rather have options!

I can appreciate the technology and advancements that are made due to research and EVs, but could do without these mandates.

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
For MOST of my driving an EV would suffice. But for my longer trips and off grid excursions an EV just won't work.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
If the new 3.0L twin turbo holds up, a hybrid version of that would be 🔥 in a Gladiator.
Sponsored