First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
You guys are making me super jealous right now. I'm still waiting for mine to come in! Billet Silver diesel Rubicon. I ordered a bed rack yesterday, and will likely install it and move over my RTT as soon as I get it. Looking to add in some decked drawers, and then throw my Dometic fridge in shortly afterward.

Literally. Can't. Wait.
Sponsored

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Diesel 2EC03694-5409-49DB-B98E-3E47ACF3FDA0

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

JT18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
I/T
I just took delivery Friday 10/09/20 of my JT Rubicon Ecodiesel. I picked it up at Spirit Lake in Iowa, and drove it back to South Carolina over the week-end.

At first I was only getting about 22.5 mpg in the corn fields of IA, IL and IN, and once I got out towards Knoxville TN, the mpg inched up to 24.9.

The ride is firm, but I would consider it an improvement over my JLUR. The wind noise is quite moderate, only getting an occasional flapping sound when passing a semi (from the soft top). The seats are a bit hard on me (leather seats) but I think it's just my age! (50).

The Ecodiesel is pretty quiet, comparable to my Grand Cherokee ED. I'd say the shift points are crisper on the JT though. There was some downshifting from 8 to 7 on the bigger hills of TN/NC, but nothing that I wouldn't expect.

Overall I'm very satifised so far!

JT18

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
I just took delivery Friday 10/09/20 of my JT Rubicon Ecodiesel. I picked it up at Spirit Lake in Iowa, and drove it back to South Carolina over the week-end.

At first I was only getting about 22.5 mpg in the corn fields of IA, IL and IN, and once I got out towards Knoxville TN, the mpg inched up to 24.9.

The ride is firm, but I would consider it an improvement over my JLUR. The wind noise is quite moderate, only getting an occasional flapping sound when passing a semi (from the soft top). The seats are a bit hard on me (leather seats) but I think it's just my age! (50).

The Ecodiesel is pretty quiet, comparable to my Grand Cherokee ED. I'd say the shift points are crisper on the JT though. There was some downshifting from 8 to 7 on the bigger hills of TN/NC, but nothing that I wouldn't expect.

Overall I'm very satifised so far!

JT18

Thanks for the business JP!

Sponsored

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After installing the 37s and a Tazer mini to recalibrate, I’m looking forward to seeing some mpg numbers in the coming week
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Diesel 6763D377-F2A1-4802-8869-7C6B30824403

AF48AA4E-DECF-412B-8FEE-66DDE1A16233.jpeg

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cant wait for the report with 37;s. No spacer or lift ?
It has a 1.5" Teraflex leveling coil spacer. No rubbing at full lock even on a moderate diagonal incline. But I will be installing highline fenders to provide extra clearance before detaching sway bars and getting flexed out.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I took a trip to VA, did the Peter Mill Run/Taskers Gap trail, headed down Skyline Drive, and came back to Frederick MD on Rt29/15. Some 75mph interstate driving, some 5mph 4WD-Low, and lots of ~60mph driving with some stop lights. Averaged 22mpg for the weekend. It seems like the mileage doesn't change very much...plus a couple mpg on highway but not huge difference.
I do have significant vibration at 65mph and up. Sometimes worse than other times. I currently have balancing beads and no wheel weights. Will be putting on hub bore spacers this week and rechecking lug fitment.
OVERALL - TONS OF FUN and beautiful peak Fall foliage viewing with the fam.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Diesel Peters Mill Run
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Diesel Shenandoah
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Diesel Jeepin

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
So I took a trip to VA, did the Peter Mill Run/Taskers Gap trail, headed down Skyline Drive, and came back to Frederick MD on Rt29/15. Some 75mph interstate driving, some 5mph 4WD-Low, and lots of ~60mph driving with some stop lights. Averaged 22mpg for the weekend. It seems like the mileage doesn't change very much...plus a couple mpg on highway but not huge difference.
I do have significant vibration at 65mph and up. Sometimes worse than other times. I currently have balancing beads and no wheel weights. Will be putting on hub bore spacers this week and rechecking lug fitment.
OVERALL - TONS OF FUN and beautiful peak Fall foliage viewing with the fam.

Tires 35? Lift?

Sponsored

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tires 35? Lift?
Sorry, it's in my signature but it has a 1.5" TeraFlex Leveling kit (coil spacers) and 37" tires. There wasn't any 'extreme' articulation but I had the sway bar disconnected and did not have any rubbing.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Sorry, it's in my signature but it has a 1.5" TeraFlex Leveling kit (coil spacers) and 37" tires. There wasn't any 'extreme' articulation but I had the sway bar disconnected and did not have any rubbing.
Ah I see it now. Not sure how I missed that! Thank you for replying! I am looking at the EVO 2.5 inch spacer and sounds like it should be fine with 37 as well! Thanks again!

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Thats awesome. Looks like a great time! I'm hoping to get out this weekend and see how it performs

OP
OP
beaujlarson

beaujlarson

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Financial Sales
Update: Took delivery Friday 10/30. And boy she is better than i expected. Already did a Wheel Upgrade. Pro Comp 17x9 Prodigy Wheels. Heads up - Pretty much any aftermarket rims are gonna require new lugnuts - the stock rims are shallow acorns. Spline m14x1.50 Lug nuts did the trick. Took a drive to a near by park - wasnt even worth it. This truck needs heavy trails to really see a difference. Right now im average 23.4 MPG highway im about 26-30 at 70MPH. No vibrations. and boy is the torque killer! But i kept the stock tires on... so maybe bigger tires ill feel a difference even at 80MPh im cruising. The wider rims definetly got rid of the stock Top heavy feeling and i love the way the poke out an 2 inches under the fender. Take a look at my Baby.... Still trying to decide on a name. Thinking "SilverBack" The Gladiator.

JeepGladiator.jpg

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Nice! I'm around 23ish average with my bed rack and rtt back there on stock tires/wheels. I expect to see an mpg or 2 gone with 37's.

20201101_092517.jpg
Sponsored