Sponsored

Darylrey

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JK Sport, 2020 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Occupation
Health Physicist and Radiation Protection Supervisor
Been wondering the same. They said "the week of the 18th", and not "the 18th" they would re-open. So I'm not even sure if they will spin up next Monday.

I do know there are workers who voluntarily returned a while back. My understanding was that they have been prepping for the factor to open back up so they can hit the ground running. For my VIN jeep chat says "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon." I'm pretty sure that's a bit of a canned message but I guess that means I'm not waiting for the factor to open before they start staging the build.
How do you check your VIN's status? I just ordered a Mojave two weeks ago and I have been given the VIN and that is it.
Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have some questions about ordering a new Gladiator from the factory.
When you do your build online does the car dealership add any other fees?
The price I see on the Jeep website, is that price negotiable?
What should I expect from a dealership when I order directly from the factory?
For give my ignorance, every car I have ever purchased I bought from the lot.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It depends on the dealer. Mine told me that he would price it at "dealer invoice", which amounts to about 5% discount, plus I would get whatever factory incentives are in place at the time of delivery. Mine has not been delivered yet, so I do not know what the final price would be.

Reactions: Len

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It depends on the dealer. Mine told me that he would price it at "dealer invoice", which amounts to about 5% discount, plus I would get whatever factory incentives are in place at the time of delivery. Mine has not been delivered yet, so I do not know what the final price would be.
Is that 5% off the price listed on the Jeep website?

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
Is that 5% off the price listed on the Jeep website?
Yes, roughly. If you go to the sticky threads in the ordering section, you can see the ordering guide with MSRP (Jeep website price) and invoice pricing. You then negotiate with your dealer. My dealer gave me 8.5% off of invoice pricing which is about 13% off of the jeep website pricing. Plus any incentives available at the time of delivery.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes, roughly. If you go to the sticky threads in the ordering section, you can see the ordering guide with MSRP (Jeep website price) and invoice pricing. You then negotiate with your dealer. My dealer gave me 8.5% off of invoice pricing which is about 13% off of the jeep website pricing. Plus any incentives available at the time of delivery.
Wow, that is pretty awesome, sounds like you really got a good deal. It does sound like ordering from the factory gives you the best deal from the sound of it. Thanks so much for the info....now I wait for the diesel engine to come out.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep website shows the full MSRP + the delivery fee. The delivery fee will NEVER be waived so just assume that is part of the out the door cost. As far as dealer fees, those are complete bullshit! BUT good luck getting them waived, some will negotiate a bit if it’s a true deal breaker but typically they won’t... Especially if you are special ordering a Jeep.
When you do a special order, go to the website and build it how you want. Then you can save the link and send it to the dealer to have them put it in the build system. FYI, you should not negotiate off the MSRP, you should do it off the invoice price. If they even mention the MSRP they are trying to get you for much more.

When it comes to special ordering you should find the highest volume Jeep dealer in your area, or the one nearest you’re willing to drive to. Typically high volumes dealers (there are exceptions to this) will have a set XX percentage BELOW INVOICE that they will do. These prices aren’t negotiated normally. So it’ll be a set % under invoice, a specific dealer fee, delivery fee ($1495), and then tax/tag/title costs.

Special ordering is extremely straight forward. My dealer here in FL does 7% below invoice plus $998 dealer fee. There are others that do between 6-8% but they are sporadic. 6-8% below invoice is a solid deal, so aim for that. If they try to BS you with confusing numbers like XX below MSRP. Go back and say no, you want to see the invoice price and the percent below that.

For what it’s worth, you can see the invoice prices for your exact build by looking at the latest order guides posted on this forum. I would recommend you do that. PM if you want my excel sheet that has most of this all taken care of.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The Jeep website shows the full MSRP + the delivery fee. The delivery fee will NEVER be waived so just assume that is part of the out the door cost. As far as dealer fees, those are complete bullshit! BUT good luck getting them waived, some will negotiate a bit if it’s a true deal breaker but typically they won’t... Especially if you are special ordering a Jeep.
When you do a special order, go to the website and build it how you want. Then you can save the link and send it to the dealer to have them put it in the build system. FYI, you should negotiate off the MSRP, you should do it off the invoice price. If they even mention the MSRP they are trying to get you for much more.

When it comes to special ordering you should find the highest volume Jeep dealer in your area, or the one nearest you’re willing to drive to. Typically high volumes dealers (there are exceptions to this) will have a set XX percentage BELOW INVOICE that they will do. These prices aren’t negotiated normally. So it’ll be a set % under invoice, a specific dealer fee, delivery fee ($1495), and then tax/tag/title costs.

Special ordering is extremely straight forward. My dealer here in FL does 7% below invoice plus $998 dealer fee. There are others that do between 6-8% but they are sporadic. 6-8% below invoice is a solid deal, so aim for that. If they try to BS you with confusing numbers like XX below MSRP. Go back and say no, you want to see the invoice price and the percent below that.

For what it’s worth, you can see the invoice prices for your exact build by looking at the latest order guides posted on this forum. I would recommend you do that. PM if you want my excel sheet that has most of this all taken care of.
Great information! You made it very clear, I appreciate it, thank you.

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
Great information! You made it very clear, I appreciate it, thank you.
Len, I see you’re in Virginia. I am using Koons in Tyson’s. If you’re close enough you can do that too. Very straightforward as Tampa said. Craig does 8% under invoice or 8.5% under if you have a tread lightly membership or FCA affiliate, +$799 dealer fee, TTL and delivery. I am in Maryland but the dealership is only 15 minutes from work
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/koons-gladiator-group-buy.27579/

Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Len, I see you’re in Virginia. I am using Koons in Tyson’s. If you’re close enough you can do that too. Very straightforward as Tampa said. Craig does 8% under invoice or 8.5% under if you have a tread lightly membership or FCA affiliate, +$799 dealer fee, TTL and delivery. I am in Maryland but the dealership is only 15 minutes from work
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/koons-gladiator-group-buy.27579/
Yeah, I'm down in the Beach area so Maryland really isn't to bad of a drive, very doable. Thanks for the heads-up on this dealership.

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
Yeah, I'm down in the Beach area so Maryland really isn't to bad of a drive, very doable. Thanks for the heads-up on this dealership.
They’re actually in Virginia just outside of DC. But he will also give you a quote which you may be able to use to negotiate with a closer dealer. Good luck!

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
When you do a special order, go to the website and build it how you want. Then you can save the link and send it to the dealer to have them put it in the build system. FYI, you should not negotiate off the MSRP, you should do it off the invoice price. If they even mention the MSRP they are trying to get you for much more.

What dealer did you use in Florida? I am from Florida also and I was originally looking at purchasing through Koons. If you got 7% below invoice. Idk if the extra 1% is worth driving to Virgina for.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Koons is great, when I was stationed in Portsmouth I bought an Acura from them and it was great. Koons is one of the dealers on these forums I’ve seen in the VA area that has great prices. Criswell in MD also has great prices, they do 8% below invoice but 1% of that is if you finance through them. I don’t know the apr so you’ll have to crunch that separate.

No one, including me, noted that many of these really good below invoice offers require you to have the Tread Lightly or a Corporate equivalent 1% below invoice discount. So if you don’t work for a company that is part of Chrysler’s preferred program go sign up for the $100/year Tread Lightly discount. You have to get the membership 30 days prior to purchase though because they make you wait 30 days before the discount is active.
Sponsored