Sponsored

2020 Gladiator color availability dates (start of production)

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
No i haven’t seen anything yet either. I’ve seen Gobi and blue are available now.. just hoping Gator becomes available Monday 9/16 per the release schedule on page 1 of this thread. And hopefully they are still making rubicons this build year.
Well, before you get too excited....Hydro wasn’t even available to order until a month after it was supposed to start production (pretty sure production still hasn’t begun. But I’d expect them to start rolling within 2 weeks). Gobi still unavailable for order and it was supposed to begin production 2-3 weeks ago.
Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Well, before you get too excited....Hydro wasn’t even available to order until a month after it was supposed to start production (pretty sure production still hasn’t begun. But I’d expect them to start rolling within 2 weeks). Gobi still unavailable for order and it was supposed to begin production 2-3 weeks ago.
Yes. But all colors have been released within 2 weeks of being seen on the line.
So as long as they're not having issues with the paint on the test mules both Gobi and Gator should be soon.

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
It's strange that with Gobi, hardtop paint is available with a delay- but I don't see that same delay for Gator listed in the schedule for release. Hopefully it won't further hold up my gator build whenever I'm able to place my order with painted hardtop.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Yup there are many items not available for stock orders...
You seem to have a pretty good knowledge about the ordering vs. stock. I didn't ask about it while i was at the dealership, but when the get gentlemen was going through the build sheet options for my order, he listed at least 5 or 6 more options that weren't advertised on the Jeep website options and/or weren't grouped packages on the Jeep website. Since the time it was available on the Jeep website, ive built my order a couple times per week, but if if was privy to the other options available, i would have considered including more or taking away from my original planned options. Does that make any sense? A only dealers able to see the whole list of options?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
You seem to have a pretty good knowledge about the ordering vs. stock. I didn't ask about it while i was at the dealership, but when the get gentlemen was going through the build sheet options for my order, he listed at least 5 or 6 more options that weren't advertised on the Jeep website options and/or weren't grouped packages on the Jeep website. Since the time it was available on the Jeep website, ive built my order a couple times per week, but if if was privy to the other options available, i would have considered including more or taking away from my original planned options. Does that make any sense? A only dealers able to see the whole list of options?
The order guide should reflect every option the dealer sees. The dealer system may update occasionally between OG updates (i.e. when a new color drops, etc.), but the OG lists more options that the web site.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...adiator-jt-order-guide-updated-monthly.15368/

Sponsored

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
You seem to have a pretty good knowledge about the ordering vs. stock. A only dealers able to see the whole list of options?
Weeeelllll that is because I work for a dealership in Iowa....

We can see only what is available at the time of order and there are 2 sides for the dealership stock order and sold order...the reason for sold orders having more access to options is that they want people to special order their vehicles and push the inventory out of the system quicker...

There is much speculation (not actionable information) on this forum as to glut of Gladiators and Wranglers sitting, but if they only knew the days to sell numbers they would find that all other FCA products sit way longer than the JT or JL's there is usually 1 month supply whereas the others are 6 to 8 month supply on hand...

As for the order guide it usually is accurate for the sold orders but I have noticed on the JT (since I ordered one) that there are discrepancies between the order guide and the dealer ordering system...

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Weeeelllll that is because I work for a dealership in Iowa....

We can see only what is available at the time of order and there are 2 sides for the dealership stock order and sold order...the reason for sold orders having more access to options is that they want people to special order their vehicles and push the inventory out of the system quicker...

There is much speculation (not actionable information) on this forum as to glut of Gladiators and Wranglers sitting, but if they only knew the days to sell numbers they would find that all other FCA products sit way longer than the JT or JL's there is usually 1 month supply whereas the others are 6 to 8 month supply on hand...

As for the order guide it usually is accurate for the sold orders but I have noticed on the JT (since I ordered one) that there are discrepancies between the order guide and the dealer ordering system...
You may be able to answer this too... considering the "2020" JT was manufactured for the majority of 2019, when will the production year become a 2021? Will they still be 2020 production untill the first quarter and then become 2021 or will they be 1 full year in advance, producing "2021" in 2020 when they come back from winter break?

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
You may be able to answer this too... considering the "2020" JT was manufactured for the majority of 2019, when will the production year become a 2021? Will they still be 2020 production untill the first quarter and then become 2021 or will they be 1 full year in advance, producing "2021" in 2020 when they come back from winter break?
Production of the JT did not begin until the second quarter of 19...and within the automotive industry, that’s pretty much normal. I took delivery of my 2014 JKU the first week of June, 2013. For whatever reason, Jeep slowly pushed new Wrangler intros from the beginning of the 3rd quarter to the 4th. Right now, nobody can offer anything but wild speculation on when the 2021’s will start rolling. If I had to take an educated guess, I would say 3rd quarter

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
What Jeremy said...

They can actually produce the vehicles starting the 2nd of January for the next model year the last one I remember is the F-150 that was 1.75 years of one model years production...almost lost truck of the year because of the shortened July to January model that they replaced.

Car manufacturers do this often with introduction models.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
How did we make it through the whole day with no one posting about Gobi becoming available?

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
How did we make it through the whole day with no one posting about Gobi becoming available?
I check the build tool everyday, the only launch I missed was the Hydro Blue launch. It was the day I got my Gladiator and I was too excited to check the configurator that day.

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Has anyone found a workaround for ordering Gobi with the body color hardtop? I tried to order at a dealer Friday and got as far as picking color and it would gray out as soon as you selected that roof option. I’m fine if hardtop comes a couple
months after the truck I just don’t want to have to wait to order it.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Has anyone found a workaround for ordering Gobi with the body color hardtop? I tried to order at a dealer Friday and got as far as picking color and it would gray out as soon as you selected that roof option. I’m fine if hardtop comes a couple
There are no "workarounds" on the ordering system...you would probably have to get a Paint to Match hartop and get it painted...sounds expensive.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
As B345T said, you are not going to be able to order it and have a top come later. The original color release date for Gobi with color matched hard top was supposed to be October 7th. We are not even there yet let alone if there is any delay. If it matches the Gobi delay then expect late October. If you can't wait, you can order now with the soft top. You would then go through a Mopar parts supplier to order the primered hard top at about $2300. You would then have to get your local body shop to paint it. I would expect to be into it close to $3000 by the time you are done depending on if you can get any discount on the top.
Sponsored