Production time, start to finish?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I know that there’s many different stages of production from start to finish. And I know that there’s time gaps in between each of the various steps. Just wondering if someone knows how long it takes from start to finish.

As a made up example let’s say that it may take only 18 hours of actual build time but Jeep may end up taking 48 hours to get it completed with various breaks in between each of the various stages. Who has the scoop here? Thanks to advise.
Sponsored

Deleted member 21141

I know that there’s many different stages of production from start to finish. And I know that there’s time gaps in between each of the various steps. Just wondering if someone knows how long it takes from start to finish.

As a made up example let’s say that it may take only 18 hours of actual build time but Jeep may end up taking 48 hours to get it completed with various breaks in between each of the various stages. Who has the scoop here? Thanks to advise.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @Jabberwock66 I can tell you that once they start building a truck it does not take them almost 3 months to complete the actual build. Am guessing that it could be anywhere between one half of a day to perhaps 2 days time, tops. But I really don’t know for certain. That’s why I asked if anyone knows about how long it really does take.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Mine started actual construction on August 22. 21 days after placing the order. It was completed and left the factory on the 24th. It arrived the 26th at the Birmingham train yard and is now awaiting a ride south on or before September 3rd with estimated arrival to my dealership on or before the 10th.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks @Mkcagle Now I can see that it may take them about 3 days to build my truck once they actually get started with building it. Hope you get yours sooner rather than later.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Here's some recent build histories from the forum. Depends on your build and luck of the draw.
upload_2019-8-28_12-9-49.png

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
+1 on luck of the draw. I went to E status on 8/22 and as of today haven't budged. I find it hard to believe it takes them this long to get a truck framed out so their status reporting is off. :time:

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
+1 on luck of the draw. I went to E status on 8/22 and as of today haven't budged. I find it hard to believe it takes them this long to get a truck framed out so their status reporting is off. :time:
Have you gotten a Build Sheet yet? ;{

Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, their status reporting is a joke. I still feel like the chat just throws out random letters. Just finished with them this morning and they told me I'm in D....you can see my signature to follow the random ass statuses I've been in

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
I can’t tell you what Jeep can build on their JT line per day but I spent a good bit of time with GM Truck and Bus in the mid 90’s.

They would crank out 800 to 1000 trucks per day—S-10’s, S-15’s and Isuzu’s all coming across a common line.

Your truck is completed in a day, more than likely a shift. I get a kick out of the status reports of framing, paint,etc.

Yes there is a painting process. The parts are painted prior to build.

There is a framing process. The chassis is pre-built—minus suspension prior to assembly.

It’s a well orchestrated process and very interesting to watch!

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
I think it would be cool to tour the plant and watch the process from end to end. Not sure if they do that sort of thing.
Sponsored