Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Jeep Gladiator Scrambler Tribute put together by a dealership.

Compare to FCA's JT Scrambler Concept.

From Autoblog:

Built by Preferred Jeep in Grand Haven, Michigan — and still for sale at the time of writing — the Scrambler look-back just about nails one of the iconic Scrambler liveries from 1982. The only things missing are the brown hardtop and brown wheel cover for the bed-mounted spare tire.

The truck's based on a Gladiator S with the eight-speed auto. We'd prefer the six-speed manual, but the transmission isn't a misstep — the original offered a three-speed automatic. White wagon-wheel rims wear 35-inch tires under a two-inch Mopar lift, the custom roll bar is lined with enough lights to spook everything in the hills, and the spare tire gets a period-correct Y-shaped retaining bar. There's a basic infotainment system inside, and plenty of other features the Scrambler never offered like climate control, heated front seats, and Bluetooth.

Anyone who wants to take the dealer version home will start the negotiating at $52,270 before incentives. Sure, that's not far off Gladiator Rubicon asking prices, but frankly, it's also not far off some original Scrambler asking prices. In 2010 you could find OG Jeep pickups in the fancier Laredo trim under $10K. Dealers and private sellers are now asking anywhere from the mid-$20,000s to more than $40,000 for good examples of the one-time ugly duckling. Models with LS engine swaps have gone for close to $50,000 at auction this year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
That's really cool. Always loved the look of the bed mounted roll bar with the KC lights on top. Would consider adding to mine if the roll bar and spar tire didn't eat up so much bed space.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
The JEEP logo on the tail gate looks much better than stock!!!
I agree! I had a custom decal made in that font for my '79 J-2000 pickup (I think they stopped calling it Gladiator in early 70s.) It was a little smaller that that, that one is a little big.

Sponsored

drewrogers

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Commanche, 1991 Wrangler,2005 wrangler Unlimited
That's really cool. Always loved the look of the bed mounted roll bar with the KC lights on top. Would consider adding to mine if the roll bar and spar tire didn't eat up so much bed space.
The spare tire carrier is removable, so you can still carry a small load. I didn't do the same for the rollbar.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The hood and tailgate decals look awful. They didn't make the one on the hood big enough, nor did they use the right font to make it cool. The one on the tailgate is too big. And the Scrambler add-on is too much. They sort of dropped the ball on the graphics.

But overall, it's a cool package. Really does remind me of the early '80s.

drewrogers

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hood and tailgate decals look awful. They didn't make the one on the hood big enough, nor did they use the right font to make it cool. The one on the tailgate is too big. And the Scrambler add-on is too much. They sort of dropped the ball on the graphics.

But overall, it's a cool package. Really does remind me of the early '80s.
I am sorry you didn't like the graphics we did. I took the idea of the graphics from the JT Concept at Easter Safari. There was no template and my intent was to take what they did and make it more retro.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Kudos to that dealer. Usually you just see a dealer slap on 2 inch lift and New wheels and tires and add $10k onto the price. At least this is unique and a neat tribute.

I really want that roll bar. They said custom, but wondering if there is anything like that in the market.

drewrogers

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kudos to that dealer. Usually you just see a dealer slap on 2 inch lift and New wheels and tires and add $10k onto the price. At least this is unique and a neat tribute.

I really want that roll bar. They said custom, but wondering if there is anything like that in the market.
We couldn't find any on the market yet. We had a local fab shop make one for us. Blackhorse has a rail mounted one coming out.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Very Cool = way to step out there & actually make something instead of just bolting a bunch of parts together. :like:

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Yeah, the graphics or maybe the font they used makes it look blurry... other than that it looks pretty good. Def not going to waste the space in the bed for the spare though.... Not my cup of tea, I think the lights mounted on the Rebel Offroad roof rack looks pretty amazing. But, the wheels on this thing looks spot on...

Rafael's Jive

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Scrambler, 09 WRX, 17 Forester, and to many bicycles
I am sorry you didn't like the graphics we did. I took the idea of the graphics from the JT Concept at Easter Safari. There was no template and my intent was to take what they did and make it more retro.
Considering how much lower the hood appears than a CJ, and how there are many more visual breaks in the sides, I think the graphics look just right for scale and retro feel.

I am seriously considering a similar treatment to my Hydro Blue Scram...Gladiator . Will the sticker kits be available for purchase? I found the wheels on Quadratec, https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/cj-retro-alloy-wheel-wrangler-jk-jl.

This whole thing gives me the James May Fizz.

Thank you,

Rob

drewrogers

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering how much lower the hood appears than a CJ, and how there are many more visual breaks in the sides, I think the graphics look just right for scale and retro feel.

I am seriously considering a similar treatment to my Hydro Blue Scram...Gladiator . Will the sticker kits be available for purchase? I found the wheels on Quadratec, https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/cj-retro-alloy-wheel-wrangler-jk-jl.

This whole thing gives me the James May Fizz.

Thank you,

Rob
The Quadratec wheels will make it easier. I had to take some gear wheels to the local powder coat shop.
Sponsored