Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-6.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-7.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-8.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-9.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-10.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-11.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-12.jpg

Jeep J6
The Jeep J6 concept is all truck, all the time, mixing the classic Jeep truck styling of the late 1970s with prototype and production Jeep Performance Parts from Mopar.

The Jeep J6 is a Rubicon customized in a two-door configuration, maximizing cargo space with a large, six-foot functional bed "box" area that is 12 inches longer than the standard Jeep Gladiator bed. Mopar and the Jeep Design team reached back in time for the custom Metallic Brilliant Blue paint, a homage to the exterior look of the 1978 Jeep Honcho. The overall length of the J6 is 201 inches, while the wheelbase clocks in at 118.4 inches, matching the wheelbase of the current-generation Jeep Wrangler.

The upsized bed area is guarded by a prototype body-color matching spray-in bedliner. A sturdy, two-and-a-quarter-inch steel prototype sport/roll bar planted in the bed carries a set of four, five-inch Jeep Performance Parts LED lights that shine at 4,800 lumens each. A prototype spare tire carrier stores up to a 37-inch tire.

Prototype 17-inch beadlock wheels with a "deep dish" design are set off from the Metallic Brilliant Blue exterior with a Brass Monkey finish, encircled by a silver beadlock ring. A production Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit works with aggressive 37-inch tires to add extra trail clearance.

Additional modifications defend the Jeep J6 against off-road obstacles, including a prototype two-inch steel stinger bar that bolts to the Rubicon front bumper and rock rails customized with two-inch steel tubes welded to the standard Jeep Gladiator rails. The concept hardtop is removable, and classic Jeep J6 badging is swapped in on the tailgate and side fenders.

The stinger bar acts as a mounting point for four additional five-inch Jeep Performance Parts LED lights, with another two bolted on near the A-pillars, for a total of 10 five-inch LEDs working together to illuminate the trail. The grille is custom Mopar Satin Black, and the stock Jeep Gladiator Rubicon hood is accented with Mopar hood latches featuring the Jeep logo.

The 3.6-liter engine receives a performance bump through the Jeep Performance Parts cold-air intake.

Exterior DNA flows into the interior of the Jeep J6. The instrument panel inserts match the body color and Katzkin leather seats and armrests are also accented with body-color blue stitching. The horn pad is customized with a classic Jeep badge. The auxiliary switch bank offers a central operating location for the 10 LED lights, and the trailer brake control switch showcases the ability to tap into additional stopping power when towing. A bright pedal kit, all-weather floor mats and molded doorsill guards with the Jeep logo round out the lineup of Mopar accessories.

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-1.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-2.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-3.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-4.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-5.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-6.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-7.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-8.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I don’t even have a JT yet but I Want those old-school Jeep badges! :drool:

Awesome.PNG

View attachment 11178

I see a brake controller too -

Awesome2.PNG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
yep i'd buy 1 of those

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Its based on a 4-door JL...so not a truck frame or rear suspension.

Capture.PNG

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I would SOOOOOO buy this - I have said this since the Gladiator production was confirmed...Gladiator is only the tip of a production ice berg - there's lots of cab and bed length variations coming - there's too much money to be made on these types of variants for Jeep to simply make concept vehicles. A couple of these two door or extended cab variants WILL be produced!!!!

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm in love with this and would buy it in a heartbeat. To me it's the best of both worlds, functional pickup truck and capable Wrangler. Maybe upgrade the rear suspension for better towing, but that's it.

Where can I find an auto shop to chop up my JLU and turn it in to this?! :)

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
This has really great lines - much better than the four door in my opinion!
That’s the main reason I have bowed out of the JT right now. It’s way too long for what I need. I need/want the 2 door with 6’ bed. They have to make this. It will be the hit of EJS

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Hmm. Body-colored stitching inside.