Jeep J6 Concept 2-Door Pickup Revealed

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Why does this look like a cartoon?........... Oh right cuz it's not real. Keep dreaming.......... Lol
20190509_063812.jpg
Still looks like a great little truck though...if only Jeep would build it....

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Still looks like a great little truck though...if only Jeep would build it....
The first time my 5 year old saw pictures of it, the conversation went a little like this:

“Hm. I want that, daddy.”
“Don’t worry Jace, we’re getting a Jeep Truck”
“No, I want THAT. You get 4 doors, I want 2 doors. I want that Jeep Truck when I’m bigger”

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
The first time my 5 year old saw pictures of it, the conversation went a little like this:

“Hm. I want that, daddy.”
“Don’t worry Jace, we’re getting a Jeep Truck”
“No, I want THAT. You get 4 doors, I want 2 doors. I want that Jeep Truck when I’m bigger”
Ahhh the wisdom of children...I hope Jeep listens to your son....

Sponsored

Rocky1967a

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Retired DaimlerChrysler Mopar
I have hope that FCA will put the J6 into production. I remember when Chrysler introduced the 4 door wrangler to the public as a concept vehicle. At that time many folks said it would never make it to production for all sorts of rational and irrational reasons. The 2007 2 door wrangler JK was introduced by Chrysler in late 2006 with no mention of a 4 door ever being offered. At the time, I was holding out that they would offer the 4 door as well which they eventually did.
I think the energy is on bringing a dakota replacement first before a 2 door.

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
Jeep J6 Concept

jeep-j6-concept-1.jpg
jeep-j6-concept-1-2.jpg
jeep-j6-concept-1-3.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-1.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-2.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-3.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-4.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-5.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-6.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-7.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-8.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-9.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-10.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-11.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-12.jpg

Jeep J6
The Jeep J6 concept is all truck, all the time, mixing the classic Jeep truck styling of the late 1970s with prototype and production Jeep Performance Parts from Mopar.

The Jeep J6 is a Rubicon customized in a two-door configuration, maximizing cargo space with a large, six-foot functional bed "box" area that is 12 inches longer than the standard Jeep Gladiator bed. Mopar and the Jeep Design team reached back in time for the custom Metallic Brilliant Blue paint, a homage to the exterior look of the 1978 Jeep Honcho. The overall length of the J6 is 201 inches, while the wheelbase clocks in at 118.4 inches, matching the wheelbase of the current-generation Jeep Wrangler.

The upsized bed area is guarded by a prototype body-color matching spray-in bedliner. A sturdy, two-and-a-quarter-inch steel prototype sport/roll bar planted in the bed carries a set of four, five-inch Jeep Performance Parts LED lights that shine at 4,800 lumens each. A prototype spare tire carrier stores up to a 37-inch tire.

Prototype 17-inch beadlock wheels with a "deep dish" design are set off from the Metallic Brilliant Blue exterior with a Brass Monkey finish, encircled by a silver beadlock ring. A production Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit works with aggressive 37-inch tires to add extra trail clearance.

Additional modifications defend the Jeep J6 against off-road obstacles, including a prototype two-inch steel stinger bar that bolts to the Rubicon front bumper and rock rails customized with two-inch steel tubes welded to the standard Jeep Gladiator rails. The concept hardtop is removable, and classic Jeep J6 badging is swapped in on the tailgate and side fenders.

The stinger bar acts as a mounting point for four additional five-inch Jeep Performance Parts LED lights, with another two bolted on near the A-pillars, for a total of 10 five-inch LEDs working together to illuminate the trail. The grille is custom Mopar Satin Black, and the stock Jeep Gladiator Rubicon hood is accented with Mopar hood latches featuring the Jeep logo.

The 3.6-liter engine receives a performance bump through the Jeep Performance Parts cold-air intake.

Exterior DNA flows into the interior of the Jeep J6. The instrument panel inserts match the body color and Katzkin leather seats and armrests are also accented with body-color blue stitching. The horn pad is customized with a classic Jeep badge. The auxiliary switch bank offers a central operating location for the 10 LED lights, and the trailer brake control switch showcases the ability to tap into additional stopping power when towing. A bright pedal kit, all-weather floor mats and molded doorsill guards with the Jeep logo round out the lineup of Mopar accessories.

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-1.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-2.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-3.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-4.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-5.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-6.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-7.jpg
Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-8.jpg
Does anyone know where you can access the "old school" Jeep badging? I would replace the ones on my JT LE in a heartbeat if I could. They look so cool.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I love it. I love my Gladiator also, but that is really nice and I would be torn if both were offered, especially if it was much lower in price.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Same here, and if I was primarily using it for off roaring, the J6 would be the way to go.
But for my mixed use, and towing, the Gladiator fits the bill.
Cheers

Last edited:

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a better departure angle then the JT?? I would still need an extended cab. It is a great looking two door Jeep truck! Who's up for making production release date predictions? June 2022!
upload_2019-11-13_22-48-16.png
upload_2019-11-13_22-49-0.png

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a better departure angle then the JT?? I would still need an extended cab. It is a great looking two door Jeep truck! Who's up for making production release date predictions? June 2022!
Looking at, the only reason for the better angle is the larger tires. It overhangs just as much the add foot is in front of the wheel, but the over hang look identical to the Gladiators overhang.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
I think the J6 bed is the same as the JT from the rear tires back. Departure angle is increased thanks to the 2" suspension lift and the 37" tires.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the J6 bed is the same as the JT from the rear tires back. Departure angle is increased thanks to the 2" suspension lift and the 37" tires.
Thanks, I was having problems seeing that in the pics, Good news for us then.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at, the only reason for the better angle is the larger tires. It overhangs just as much the add foot is in front of the wheel, but the over hang look identical to the Gladiators overhang.
Thanks, 59 year old eyes!!