Sponsored

Jeep took too long... How do I work this out now?

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Not yet. I am waiting to hear when it is actually ready for pick up. Within a week it should be at Guptons. And a week from then he should be ready to do the paperwork. At first i was going to do the road trip thing but with work, wife, pets, and last minute plane tickets and finding someone last minute to help with the pets/house, it was going to be too much trouble to save like 700 bucks. I just figured ill save my time off work for a well planned vacation to a national park or something. Hope everything goes good for you and your dad. Ill let you know how my shipping adventure goes.
Sounds good when did you order yours again? I did mine on 9.07
Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I can’t see a problem doing it all from your home location. I finalized a home purchase when I was out of the country. As the saying goes…there’s an app for that. We used Docusign. Scratched my signature on a few legal docs on my I Pad. Done deal.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Sounds good when did you order yours again? I did mine on 9.07
It was Sept. 17. The mojave moved through the process so fast compared to what i was expecting. Which is pretty inline with you being ready for pick up soon. What trim level did you purchase?

injaneer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Did not do this with my gladiator, had a trade and drove 6 hours each way for the transaction. But have bought two other used cars totally online and shipped.

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I can’t imagine your father taking delivery being any different than a shipping company.

I signed paperwork this week via fedex on my deal in Idaho from Nevada. While talking to the finance guy he said the only difference between me picking it up vs a shipping company was that I would need to notorize the paperwork before sending back if I wasn’t flying out myself, just to verify who was taking out the loan. Since I am physically going, I was okay to just sign and ship back.

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, 2023 JTM
I bought recently bought my Mojave from 250 miles away. They overnighted me all of the paperwork with a return overnight envelope to send it all back. I completed all of it and then picked the Jeep up a couple days later. When I picked it up, there was no additional paperwork to sign. I am sure I could have had a family member to pick it up for me.

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I bought the Rubicon from a dealer 600 miles away. They overnighted the paper work with a return overnigh envelope. I transferred the money to their account and then had the Jeep shipped.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As mentioned above- contact the dealership, explore POA options as well as apply for finance in advance through them and see if you can do all things electronically while Dad picks the Jeep from Gupton with POA on hand. In my case I was in a similar situation of having work related commitments so I waited approx 2+ week before flying in to pick my Jeep. It worked well for me. Spirit airlines was giving tickets at throwaway price for Mid-week red-eye tickets for Tuesday/Thursday and worked well for me.
Gupton said they can use DocuSign for the loan. Problem solved.

But again, NONE OF WHAT WE SAY MATTERS.

Call the dealer. Tell them your quandary. Ask them how they would like to handle it. They do this every day. Your problem is not unique.

And its not a big deal if you don't get to play on your way home.

you mentioned bucket list. How old are you? 25? You can't have a bucket list when you are 25. Ha.