First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1986 Suzuki Samuri, Safari TREK Pathfinder
Occupation
Retired
I bought my Gladiator 11 months ago and have 6800 miles on it. Last night I received an email from Jeep that began "This email is to inform you that the warranty on your Jeep Gladiator has expired!". Call the 1-800 number. The email was from John Fox, Head of Mopar Vehicle Protection. I thought this has to be some sort of an online scam that Jeep should be aware of. This morning I stopped in to my dealer and showed the email to the Business manager. He told me unfortunately it wasn't a scam, rather an attempt by Mopar to sell me a product I didn't need. He assured me neither my Jeep warranty nor my Dealer extended warranty has expired. I told him it was a deceptive business practice and the statement that "------------the warranty on your Jeep Gladiator has expired!" was a flat out untruth (lie) meant to scare Jeep customers into a purchase they did not need. He agreed. Just a heads up that if you get an email like this that it is not some Nigerian scam, but a deceptive sales attempt you can ignore.
Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Yep... expect to get more of these as your vehicles age. Eventually, you'll start getting the random mailers from companies NOT Mopar.

That said, if you'd bought a mopar warranty, and NOT the dealer ones (which are usually different companies) then you won't get the mopar calls from 'John Fox' ;)

(Have been getting these, ever since we bought our first Jeep)

~ Casp

camnew215

First Name
cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
I bought my Gladiator 11 months ago and have 6800 miles on it. Last night I received an email from Jeep that began "This email is to inform you that the warranty on your Jeep Gladiator has expired!". Call the 1-800 number. The email was from John Fox, Head of Mopar Vehicle Protection. I thought this has to be some sort of an online scam that Jeep should be aware of. This morning I stopped in to my dealer and showed the email to the Business manager. He told me unfortunately it wasn't a scam, rather an attempt by Mopar to sell me a product I didn't need. He assured me neither my Jeep warranty nor my Dealer extended warranty has expired. I told him it was a deceptive business practice and the statement that "------------the warranty on your Jeep Gladiator has expired!" was a flat out untruth (lie) meant to scare Jeep customers into a purchase they did not need. He agreed. Just a heads up that if you get an email like this that it is not some Nigerian scam, but a deceptive sales attempt you can ignore.
I have a grand cherokee , I sent my car to the dealership where i purchased my car because of a water pump leak , a few days later i got my car back and it seem fine i check my car and my water pump is leaking , coolant is leaking and my thermostat is moving all over the place i called the same dealership again telling them what’s wrong and scheduled an appointment for the weeks from that day i asked if i can leave the car on the lot until then they told me they didn’t have space , i returned my car and got a call two days later that oil was slugged all over my engine and that the warranty wouldn’t cover it but i believe that it was caused by them not fixing the water pump correctly any ideas of what i should do ?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You may see that this is a Jeep Gladiator forum - and also, that you are better off not jumping into an year old thread that has nothing to do with water pumps or oil messes and starting a new thread with the topic of your specific concerns.

(oil has nothing to do with leaking coolant..............)
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: sep