First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I try my best not to park near wranglers. Not out of my hate. I thing wranglers are cool. Just the reverse is quite often not true. Head over to the JL forums and you can find TONS of JT hate, for example: Are the Gladiator guys supposed to wave? (cause they don't at me) | Jeep Wrangler Forums is just pages and pages of gladiator bashing.

For the record i do wave to every wrangler i see, and most of them wave back. But the sentiment over there that wrangler people sometimes "regret" waving at gladiators after they see the bed is childish. So yea, I'll wave, but we're not gonna be parking lot buddies.

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
I try my best not to park near wranglers. Not out of my hate. I thing wranglers are cool. Just the reverse is quite often not true. Head over to the JL forums and you can find TONS of JT hate, for example: Are the Gladiator guys supposed to wave? (cause they don't at me) | Jeep Wrangler Forums is just pages and pages of gladiator bashing.

For the record i do wave to every wrangler i see, and most of them wave back. But the sentiment over there that wrangler people sometimes "regret" waving at gladiators after they see the bed is childish. So yea, I'll wave, but we're not gonna be parking lot buddies.
The majority of that thread is people screwing around. Pretty much no JTs in my area wave. A decent number of wranglers wave. I've never had a JT park next to me but I have had wranglers park next to me.

If I based it on my limited personal experience I wouldn't wave at JTs either.

Everyone I've randomly chatted with, JTs and wranglers, has always been super nice and excited to talk about their ride and everything else under the sun. Oddly enough I'm the one that starts the conversation 95% of the time and I'm about as anti social as you get.

The Bronco people on the other hand... (<-- same BS the wranglers give us.) For that matter the 2 door wranglers give the 4 doors shit for not being real jeeps as well. It's one big shit talking Internet community.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool

I don't mean to sound rude, but this sounds like some Grade A confirmation bias and/or projection. I haven't met a single JL owner that has had any legitimately snotty attitude about me driving a JT, and plenty of JL owners wave at me long before I ever do the same.

People are individuals. Some JL owners are probably d-bags, but the same can be said for JT owners. Quit with the us/them nonsense and just enjoy being part of a vehicle community.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I don't mean to sound rude, but this sounds like some Grade A confirmation bias and/or projection. I haven't met a single JL owner that has had any legitimately snotty attitude about me driving a JT, and plenty of JL owners wave at me long before I ever do the same.

People are individuals. Some JL owners are probably d-bags, but the same can be said for JT owners. Quit with the us/them nonsense and just enjoy being part of a vehicle community.
It's not us vs them. I love wranglers. I'm concerned about them vs us.

The only us vs them opinion I have is that I refuse to wave to grumpers

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I took my wife out to lunch today and a small group of soldiers from the local base came in as we were about to check out.
I looked at our bill and did a little quick math. It was 5 of them, so I handed them $120 and told them that it should cover lunch and the tip for the group.

Got out to the parking lot and found this Gobi SuperMAX Tow parked next to Mo.
I need bigger tires 😂

Jeep Gladiator Jeeps Parking Next To Jeeps PXL_20220617_173651841~3

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I took my wife out to lunch today and a small group of soldiers from the local base came in as we were about to check out.
I looked at our bill and did a little quick math. It was 5 of them, so I handed them $120 and told them that it should cover lunch and the tip for the group.

Got out to the parking lot and found this Gobi SuperMAX Tow parked next to Mo.
I need bigger tires 😂

Jeep Gladiator Jeeps Parking Next To Jeeps PXL_20220617_173651841~3
Gotta love Oshkosh Truck.

JWM PLAYS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator

That’s because once the Gladiator came out, it basically meant you can have a Jeep in 3 sizes. Small Medium and Extra Large. Those folks you speak of are stuck with Small and Medium. Lol.