JKS vs. Mopar Express lifts

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Looking for advice on which lift to go with.
I have a Sport S and will be running 35” tires. Daily driver, primarily road miles with occasional trail and camping off road use.
I am leaning towards the 3-3.5” lift height and am struggling to find major differences and feedback between the JKS 3-3.5” lift

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/3-3-5in-lifts/jspec131k-jks-j-rated-3-3-5in-suspension-system

And the Rubicon Express 2.5-3.5”

https://www.4wd.com/p/rubicon-expre...-5-non-resi-shocks-jt7104fp/_/R-BKTG-JT7104FP

Any feedback or words of experience would be appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(I would be going with the Fox shocks for both options)

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I just did the JKS 3.5 and love it. Perfect height for the JT on 35s IMHO. I opted for the added front LCAs and JKS shocks. It’s more firm over factory suspension without being harsh. Compared to factory the JKS corners flatter, mitigates body roll better on rough surfaces, and handles weight in the back better.

The JKS has multi rate coils front and rear over the RE multi rate rears and linear front coils. You should see less sag when adding weight on top of multi rate coils over linear coils. I love my lift! It’s like having a whole new truck!

PLUS the JKS is less expensive!

Jeep Gladiator JKS vs. Mopar Express lifts 43757468-C32F-4BDE-BD37-B03911813070
Jeep Gladiator JKS vs. Mopar Express lifts DD598E4A-8BEB-46D9-A00B-BF8C39289865

OP
OP

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just did the JKS 3.5 and love it. Perfect height for the JT on 35s IMHO. I opted for the added front LCAs and JKS shocks. It’s more firm over factory suspension without being harsh. Compared to factory the JKS corners flatter, mitigates body roll better on rough surfaces, and handles weight in the back better.

The JKS has multi rate coils front and rear over the RE multi rate rears and linear front coils. You should see less sag when adding weight on top of multi rate coils over linear coils. I love my lift! It’s like having a whole new truck!

PLUS the JKS is less expensive!

You killed it with this explanation. Much appreciated!
I can’t tell if you have the tires in the bed in the first picture, is there any rake when the bed is empty?

Great looking truck! You helped sell me on the 3.5”

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
You killed it with this explanation. Much appreciated!
I can’t tell if you have the tires in the bed in the first picture, is there any rake when the bed is empty?

Great looking truck! You helped sell me on the 3.5”
Thanks! I think it turned out great. The way these things should look from the factory haha

The rear is about 1/4 inch higher than the front. That was measured right out of the shop. I’ll measure again after a few hundred miles and everything settles in. There was not much droop at all in the rear with the tires in the bed. It was just the angle of the camera and driveway.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I think it turned out great. The way these things should look from the factory haha

The rear is about 1/4 inch higher than the front. That was measured right out of the shop. I’ll measure again after a few hundred miles and everything settles in. There was not much droop at all in the rear with the tires in the bed. It was just the angle of the camera and driveway.
Agreed. The fact that the truck sits so low and comes without bedliner from the factory is beyond me.
But good to hear about the rake. Appreciate the help!

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland. BMW X4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker
Jeep Gladiator JKS vs. Mopar Express lifts 03B5451A-0A55-4FBA-91B2-8546D48FC386

Just got mine back yesterday with the JKS lift
I did fox shocks and steering stabilizer
& JFlex control arms
Ride is better but stiffer than stock on my overland
Sits exactly how I wanted

OP
OP

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JKS vs. Mopar Express lifts 03B5451A-0A55-4FBA-91B2-8546D48FC386

Just got mine back yesterday with the JKS lift
I did fox shocks and steering stabilizer
& JFlex control arms
Ride is better but stiffer than stock on my overland
Sits exactly how I wanted
She’s a beaut, Clark.
Did you end up getting the upper or lower control arms or both?
I’m ignorant to the aftermarket lift/suspension world and trying to learn, but haven’t got a full grasp of this part yet.
Trying to get the right products the first time around to maintain a comfortable ride and not go part chasing for the next year+

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker
She’s a beaut, Clark.
Did you end up getting the upper or lower control arms or both?
I’m ignorant to the aftermarket lift/suspension world and trying to learn, but haven’t got a full grasp of this part yet.
Trying to get the right products the first time around to maintain a comfortable ride and not go part chasing for the next year+
New to me too
Those are the lower control arms. The base kit comes with adj track bar ,sway bar quick disconnects & extended rear sway bar links. The rest is customizable to your budget and needs. Just make sure you do some type of front geometry improvement for the added height. I believe the steering stabilizer is a help too for daily driving

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The JKS kit comes with cam washers that install and push the factory front lower control arms forward. Not exactly what I wanted to do. I sprung for the longer lower control arms to “do it right”. Ideally you would do all of the control arms, but I didn’t have that much cash to drop at once plus adding wheels and tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense. Looks like LCA’s will be the more immediate concern. I’m sure the steering stabilizer will be later down the road too.
Appreciate the help!

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker
I was originally going for the rubi express also. I feel that the JKS is better quality and more complete imo

OP
OP

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was originally going for the rubi express also. I feel that the JKS is better quality and more complete imo
Yeah the lack of feedback on the RE kit is another factor pushing me to the JKS. Seems like a solid kit to start with and build onto

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I have the 3.5" JKS with fox shocks. Love it. Rides stiffer than stock, which is nice offroad but I adored the stock ride. I miss the stock suspension for a daily, but love the JKS offroad. I don't like cam bolts, and added adjustable LCAs. The JKS is the most complete and reasonably priced kit I saw after research. I was able to utilize my flex connects too from my JK, which I also recommend, but only if you can get them at about half price. Not worth what they're asking for the limited benefit.

OP
OP

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 3.5" JKS with fox shocks. Love it. Rides stiffer than stock, which is nice offroad but I adored the stock ride. I miss the stock suspension for a daily, but love the JKS offroad. I don't like cam bolts, and added adjustable LCAs. The JKS is the most complete and reasonably priced kit I saw after research. I was able to utilize my flex connects too from my JK, which I also recommend, but only if you can get them at about half price. Not worth what they're asking for the limited benefit.
That’s good to hear. Do you have a rubicon? I’m interested to see if the lift with fox shocks will be an upgrade from the sport model stock shocks with street driving
Sponsored