Skyjacker 4.5" Lift vs. JKS 3.5" Lift

Justinmm2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I've been researching lifts for the last two weeks and have finally narrowed it down to two. I'm trying to decide between the Skyjacker 4.5" lift and the 3.5" JKS. If I go with the Skyjacker I'll be using Fox shocks and also adding a Fox steering stabilizer. If I go with the JKS I'll also be adding the Fox Shocks, Steering Stabilizer and JFlex Lower Control Arms. I have a Rubicon and the plan is to run 38x 13.50 x 17 Mud Grapplers on 17x9.5 Spyderlocks. I don't do a ton of off roading, but I do get to Silver Lake Sand Dunes once a year and probably 4-5 visits to off road parks. I want to have a smooth ride, but I love the look of 38's on the 4.5" lift. I've already read every thread I could find on these two, just hoping to gather some additional input on why I should choose one over the other before I pull the trigger.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
This is my 2 cents, but if me, I would stick with the JKS lift. JKS just seems to go the extra distance to make sure the engineering and quality is there before sacrificing anything on the price point.

OP
OP

Justinmm2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
This is my 2 cents, but if me, I would stick with the JKS lift. JKS just seems to go the extra distance to make sure the engineering and quality is there before sacrificing anything on the price point.
It does seem to be a quality lift. I can't seem to find anyone running a 38x13.50 tire with it though. That's probably the only thing keeping me from it at this point.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
You’re likely gonna need a new driveshaft at some point with that much lift. Maybe brake lines too.

In regard to your tires I’ll guess they’re load rating E which is, IMO, too stiff especially if you’re wanting to air way down for the dunes, etc.

I was looking at 37x13.50//R17 Toyo R/T until I saw they’re E rated tires while their 12.50” wide tires are D rated.

Some of these tires are designed for bigger, heavier trucks carrying and towing a lot more weight.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Mud Grappler and smooth ride are not often used in the same sentence. The JKS is 3-3.5” in front, and 1.5-2” in the rear. A driveshaft should not be needed unless you go higher. There could be some minor rubbing with 38” tires, but JKS does things right. I’m considering their springs for my build.

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Trail Jeeps recommend that I add a JKS J-Venture 3-3.5” lift. I have 37x20 tires / rims. Nitto Trail Grappler MT tires. I re-geared to 5.13’s at the same time. Rides as good or better than stock, even with larger more aggressive tires, steering is much better, wind doesn’t bother it anymore or passing Semi-trucks. It’s a fairly level kit. Posted a few photos of it on my showcase gallery. Fox performance 2.0 shocks, Yeti steer smarts brace, J-Link etc. I feel I made a good decision. Even with 37 x 20 and no lift I didn't get any rubbing on road or turning etc. You'll get 3" of lift on the Rubicon & 3.5 on the sport. My 37's x20s work fine I have plenty of space in the fenders so your 38's should not be an issue at least on the Rubicon model, I think they end up being the same height sport or Rubicon. If you were to go 40's then the 4.5" lift would be better but at 40's you'll need to replace axels & possibly more.

Gladiator KC LITES_L9A6979-KW_2000 Size.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
The Skyjacker kit uses fixed length arms and poly bushings?

If so, that would be a hard no from me.
Sponsored