First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlus.
Occupation
Contractor.
After shocks and install I’m looking at prob twice as much. Although I’d love that kit.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
You might be able to get away with stock shocks and shock extension brackets. Sorry, I’m not sure on that.

For the labor, maybe you can get a deal from a local shop. I got a great deal, $630 for lift install, mount and balance tires, install wheel spacers, do alignment, and install programmer. Much cheaper than I expected.

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
I just looked at the Skyjacker website. None of their 2.5" kits are ready to be upgraded to 3.5" with just a spring swap. You'd want to at the very least add an adjustable front track bar and adjustable front uppers or lowers. This way you can center the front axle and get caster set where it needs to be.

Honestly I'd look at something different than Skyjacker if you are going to replace suspension links. Skyjacker coils and shocks are fine, but I wouldn't use their links. I don't trust whatever they're using for link ends.
If they become a problem, this is something that you can swap out independently, right? Sorry, super green to all of this.

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
Im running the 3.5" front / 2" rear skyjacker kit and you nailed it with the links. My sway link bushings rotted out super quick.

Otherwise, Im pretty happy with the kit - I HAVE changed out multiple components (Removed the Skyjacker track bar and installed a teraflex, replace their sway links with other brands for front and rear, and replaced the M95 shocks with Fabtechs) but those changes were all done over time. The skyjacker kit served its intended purpose, and was a great budget kit to get me going.

It got the truck lifted nicely, drove better than stock, and handled well through multiple wheeling trips. Then, over time, you can swap out things piece by piece with better, more expensive bits.

But yea, if you get the skyjacker kit, just ditch their sway links and put some other ones on the first time.
Do you happen to know the spring rates on the kit that you installed? The diesel-specific has 115 and 165 lb/in, and I'm wondering if this will be stiff enough. The 2.5" kit apparently provides 2 additional inches of up-travel, so that's nice.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
If they become a problem, this is something that you can swap out independently, right? Sorry, super green to all of this.
Yes, you can swap just the bushings in arms and track bars.
Sponsored