JT Ordering: Unavailable Options

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
that's true, guess I don't get the people that get them claiming they have better "ride quality" because it wasn't built to be a great daily driver, naturally the suspension is gonna be stiffer and more heavy duty because it was made for desert running, that doesn't equate for better daily driver usability
You ā€œdonā€™t get itā€ because it clear in your statement above that you donā€™t understand suspension systems in how itā€™s a sum of the parts working together: geometry, compression, damping, and spring rates.

Enjoy your Rubicon, Iā€™ll do the same with my Mojave. Itā€™s all good!
Sponsored

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
I couldn't get the bed liner or headliner when I I ordered my rubicon back on Oct 3. But I did get the safety and advanced safety group. I've been sitting in D1 since then.

The chip shortage and other supply chain constraints are still major issues for multiple industries. It hasn't really gotten better at all. Just eases up in waves and then hits again. There are some many suppliers and outside vendors for something like an automobile manufacturing plant... it's amazing anything gets built in the best of times.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
LOL - where to start?!?

They are totally different trucks in many ways, built for different purposes, different rides, etc. as well as some accents, seats and so on that are different.

Yeah it does. I keep in touch with some industries and yeah, it makes sense.
Some of those on the list you quoted have been unavailable off and on for over a year now. The bed liner - that was off and on last year, and some of the other stuff- CHIPS. Sorry, but DUH.
Why did Toyota shut down some operations? Can't get parts. Why did it take almost a month to get a wiring harness for my snow plow? Supply chain and WORKER issues - companies are desperate for PEOPLE to work - actually work.
The company I bought my plow from said that they placed their usual order for parts and supplies to get them through an Iowa winter - months ago - they still don't have them and have no idea when they will get them. I got lucky.
They also said their industry people, suppliers and so on are predicting it to get worse. VW management says "it's going to get worse before it gets better", It's actually worse than it was last year according to people I know in various industries. It took 8 months for me to get $40 windshield wiper wiring harnesses. I bought every one I could find and then was told "we'll be able to get more in July" and that was last November. Still in short supply.

Doesn't make sense? Yeah, totally. They can't get it! It's really that simple.
I am a contracts administrator for a number of large industrial firms and my ear on the ground information concurs that supply chain issues, and worker shortages continue to persist in a variety of domestic regions. It helps to understand that just because a firm can hire workers, it does not necessarily equate to productivity. Because companies are pulling from a different candidate pool and lowering qualifications to fill roles, there are challenges with training and upskilling. One major manufacturer has had to slow their plant operations because they are backfilling seasoned manufacturing employees with candidates that have zero experience. To mitigate the safety risks involved they have slowed plant operations which in turn lowers output. This firm in particular is a major subcomponent manufacturer for automotive systems so you can see how these impacts can amplify up the supply chain. Related, if they have an equipment outage, repair parts that are backordered impact uptime and of course that impacts output as well.

The current supply chain issues are very complex and involve multiple layers of suppliers, raw materials sources and labor pools. I am actually quite impressed at how some industries have bounced back given the circumstances.

Also take note of the length of supply chains. If a particular component has a 9-month lead time the consumer facing impacts at present may be indicative of challenges early in the year rather than at this very moment.

John_81583

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Accountant
You ā€œdonā€™t get itā€ because it clear in your statement above that you donā€™t understand suspension systems in how itā€™s a sum of the parts working together: geometry, compression, damping, and spring rates.

Enjoy your Rubicon, Iā€™ll do the same with my Mojave. Itā€™s all good!
I do, have driven all of them, know which one rides the best, it's not the Mojave as a daily driver that's for sure

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
I do, have driven all of them, know which one rides the best, it's not the Mojave as a daily driver that's for sure
That is purely an opinion. Your opinion. And very subjective.

Personally, I and many many others feel the Mojave is a much nicer riding vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Christ.... enough. :facepalm::)
Agreed....who cares what is the best? (HINT: it's only those who perceive others care about their opinions and thoughts). No one truly cares, drive what makes you happy and is within your means.

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
We all have different ass calibrations for comfort. Pick the one that fits you best.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
We all have different ass calibrations for comfort. Pick the one that fits you best.
I'm taking "ass calibrations" and using that moving forward. I'll cite you.

Sponsored

John_81583

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Accountant
That is purely an opinion. Your opinion. And very subjective.

Personally, I and many many others feel the Mojave is a much nicer riding vehicle.
maybe you haven't driven the others to know... you also do have much better roads to drive on than I do in Oklahoma so there's that.

Last edited:

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
I make sure I only test drive the vehicle I want myself to like so I don't know that my ride is better or worse. Forester to Rubicon the Jeep is very comfortable.

coalcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2007 2-door Wrangler X
I know there really isnā€™t a right answer here, but does anyone have any idea of how long these supply issues tend to last or if thereā€™s a pattern to when packages are added and removed as options to order? Like for example it sounds like the safety packages were unavailable before, but then came back to order (I just missed it), and now unavailable again. Just wondering if maybe someone has noticed a trend, like ā€œunavailable for a month, then brought back for about two weeks, then unavailable for another monthā€˜ etc.

Itā€™s probably not a BAD thing that I have to wait to order (can save up more of a down payment, or maybe there will be better incentives a couple months from now when it would be delivered, since the market will slow down considerably), but I am feeling a little antsy. Ha ha.
Sponsored

Last edited: