Sponsored

JT recall?

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Took my jeep JT in for it's first oil change.

The service guy told me that my vehicle had two recalls. Told me they'd need to keep it until the next afternoon. Okay, np.

Calls me back same day stating the recalls (one being an upgrade to the computer) were ALREADY COMPLETED.

I asked how that was possible since this is literally the first time the JT has been back since I bought it....They swore up and down that it was completed (somehow) and they had the print out to prove it.

Does anyone know what these recalls (specifically) entail? How would it be possible for them to remedy a recall remotely? Lol?
Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
If it was on the lot when the recalls came, maybe the dealer took care of them proactively? That's my best guess, no way they did anything remotely

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
There was a Uconnect update that deals with the timing of the reverse camera, and a powertrain control module update. The Uconnect update will install remotely. My dealer did the PCM update when I had mine in for an oil change and other service.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Took my jeep JT in for it's first oil change.

The service guy told me that my vehicle had two recalls. Told me they'd need to keep it until the next afternoon. Okay, np.

Calls me back same day stating the recalls (one being an upgrade to the computer) were ALREADY COMPLETED.

I asked how that was possible since this is literally the first time the JT has been back since I bought it....They swore up and down that it was completed (somehow) and they had the print out to prove it.

Does anyone know what these recalls (specifically) entail? How would it be possible for them to remedy a recall remotely? Lol?
Hello, if you send us your VIN in a private message, we can look into this for you.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Sponsored