Sponsored

JT Roof Racks Now Available | Half and Full Length!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Can the half rack be installed over the front freedom panels of the JT only? I have a camper coming that covers the back half. Looking for a little more storage.
I emailed them before and they said "no" even thought I am pretty sure I have seen people do it. I am in the same boat, I have an Alu-Cab Canopy camper and would love to have a shorty rack in the front for light gear. I also like the design of JCR's wind deflector.
Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I emailed them before and they said "no" even thought I am pretty sure I have seen people do it. I am in the same boat, I have an Alu-Cab Canopy camper and would love to have a shorty rack in the front for light gear. I also like the design of JCR's wind deflector.
I was just on a trip with a guy who I think had that half-rack on his rig sitting in front of his Alu-Cab. I emailed him to see if that was the case. I'll let you know what he says when he gets back to me.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
I was just on a trip with a guy who I think had that half-rack on his rig sitting in front of his Alu-Cab. I emailed him to see if that was the case. I'll let you know what he says when he gets back to me.
Thanks!

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I know that you're saying that JCR said no to this... But after looking at the the mounts to the track on the side... they appear to use the same ones on the full length, as well as the shorty. So it should be fine.

Here are the dimensions on the shorty straight from their FAQ on the JCR website. The Alu-cab front end stops right around the freedom panel area, right?

I think it may work? :)

Jeep Gladiator JT Roof Racks Now Available | Half and Full Length! 1666380102295

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
So this is what my friend thought the half-rack over the freedom panels on his gladiator.
“Although I like the looks and versatility, I don’t think I’d do it again. Because it’s made for the rear 1/2 and the front 1/2 of the JT slightly tapers, I had to do a lot of cutting and notching to make it fit with the Alu Cab. The only other issue I have is that my freedom panels squeak big time.”

I wonder if any rack system on the freedom panels would have that issue since the panels are 2 pieces and would flex in the middle.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
I wonder if any rack system on the freedom panels would have that issue since the panels are 2 pieces and would flex in the middle.
Probably, yes. We would be worried about freedom panel latches fully securing the rack/freedom panel combo as well. Also, the freedom panel's drip rails aren't as robust as the rest of the top. All that combined is why we have a 100lbs rating on both JT racks, regardless of whether it is half or full.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.