OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey What, tell me more about the steering upgrade? Does all the new tie rod, drag link, etc all bolt on without any other mods? What about the factory parts didnt you trust or what did these have that you wanted. $800 isnt chump change, what are your thoughts in hindsight about the RPM parts?
Love the RPM stuff! As you can see it's super beefy and rugged and, as you may have noticed around here, Gladiators love to talk about their steering "issues"

No issues with this and the $$$ I spent on this stuff was peace of mind since I actually drive my Jeep off road :surprised:
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Love the RPM stuff! As you can see it's super beefy and rugged and, as you may have noticed around here, Gladiators love to talk about their steering "issues"

No issues with this and the $$$ I spent on this stuff was peace of mind since I actually drive my Jeep off road :surprised:
Yeah, I get it. Have you had the TSB done? Did this upgrade provide any improvement in the steering or is it a piece of mind thing that itll hold up to more abuse down the road? Any issues with compatability with aftermarket springs, track bars, etc?

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I get it. Have you had the TSB done? Did this upgrade provide any improvement in the steering or is it a piece of mind thing that itll hold up to more abuse down the road? Any issues with compatability with aftermarket springs, track bars, etc?
Just was at the dealership today and the steering box TSB has been ordered and I’m on that waiting list.

Improvement in steering? Hard to say but I want to say yes, for sure, but I can’t quantify it.

Note that this isn’t my first Jeep. I had a 2014 JKUR that I cut my Jeep teeth on and I learned how different these vehicles ride, drive, handle and steer.

To your last question, absolutely no issues with the steering kit in any way - no interference or any other concerns. It was a big plus and I love the strength and I’ll be happier when the TSB steering box has been done.

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
sorry, i was asking for the cheapest one :whew:, i dont own a riffle but itcan be useful for other purpouses, love the long profile
I use that case to carry recovery gear, first aid kit and tools, etc. - stuff that I want to have with me all or most of the time. If I owned any guns they'd be inside the Jeep with me (unfortunately all of my guns were lost in a boating accident and they're all at the bottom of a lake)

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I use that case to carry recovery gear, first aid kit and tools, etc. - stuff that I want to have with me all or most of the time. If I owned any guns they'd be inside the Jeep with me (unfortunately all of my guns were lost in a boating accident and they're all at the bottom of a lake)
You either didn't have a lot of guns, or else there's a really cool story there.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You either didn't have a lot of guns, or else there's a really cool story there.
Look around and you'll find many people on forums admit to having lost their guns in tragic accidents like boats sinking, earthquakes that swallowed their houses, tornadoes sucking up their guns and flying them to Oz, etc. And the reason these stories are so popular is that many people don't want to admit to gun ownership on public forums.

So yes, I lost mine when they all fell down a deep dark well

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Look around and you'll find many people on forums admit to having lost their guns in tragic accidents like boats sinking, earthquakes that swallowed their houses, tornadoes sucking up their guns and flying them to Oz, etc. And the reason these stories are so popular is that many people don't want to admit to gun ownership on public forums.

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown C3D21A0B-1E25-4BBF-8571-76C88317736E

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Meh, I’m not looking to turn this thread into a gun debate. Your right, your choice: we can leave it at that. I just thought it odd to lose a whole collection in one boating accident and came up with two amusing (to me, at least) scenarios that might explain it. I failed to consider that it may have been a much more traumatic experience, and I apologize for thinking otherwise, if so.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, I’m not looking to turn this thread into a gun debate. Your right, your choice: we can leave it at that. I just thought it odd to lose a whole collection in one boating accident and came up with two amusing (to me, at least) scenarios that might explain it. I failed to consider that it may have been a much more traumatic experience, and I apologize for thinking otherwise, if so.
Um, maybe you didn't catch my message...people talk about how they "lost" their guns instead of talking about their guns on a public forum

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Um, maybe you didn't catch my message...people talk about how they "lost" their guns instead of talking about their guns on a public forum
Ah.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We tent camp - have done it for many years and all our gear easily fits in the Gladiator. I could never fit everything I "needed" in our JKU Rubicon - the firewood and water can and gasoline was always a challenge.

I built a rack that carries our folding chairs, camping table, fire poker, lantern stand and any other long items including a shovel, etc.

The bed is loaded with Rubbermaid Action Packer containers which fit perfectly under the factory tonneau cover. Our camping gear is packed inside - flashlights, lanterns (I use Milwaukee cordless lights), PT, TP, Eureka Sunrise 9 tent, queen size air mattress, inflator, sleeping bags, camping pillows and blankets. We also carry a Coleman dual fuel stove, dual fuel lantern and a home made DIY camp kitchen box which is the same size as one of the Rubbermaid Action Packer boxes. And we can fit a 5-gallon water container and firewood and there's room for gas (I'll attach it to the rack).

Inside the cab on the platform (where the back seat used to be) is our 12v Whynter fridge/freezer, food and clothes/jackets, etc., and our dog.

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown loaded-3-jpeg-

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown loaded-12-jpeg-

Above pics show the rack before I moved the basket over and added the long gun case (for recovery gear and a first aid kit and TP).
Sponsored

Last edited: