OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
We tent camp - have done it for many years and all our gear easily fits in the Gladiator. I could never fit everything I wanted to take with us in our JKU Rubicon - the firewood, water container, and gasoline were always a challenge and typically got left behind. Being able to carry a lot more camping gear was the primary reason the Gladiator ultimately replaced the JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

As detailed in my build thread, I built a rack above the factory tonneau cover. I use the rack to carry our folding chairs, camping table, fire poker, lantern stand and any other long items including a shovel, etc.

The bed is loaded with Rubbermaid Action Packer cases which fit perfectly under the factory tonneau cover. Inside them are camping gear like flashlights, lanterns (I use Milwaukee cordless lights), PT, TP, Eureka Sunrise 9 tent, queen size air mattress, inflator, sleeping bags, camping pillows and blankets. We also carry a Coleman dual fuel stove, dual fuel lantern and a home made DIY camp kitchen box which is the same size as one of the Rubbermaid Action Packer boxes. And we can fit a 5-gallon water container and firewood and there's room for gas (I'll attach it to the rack).

Inside the cab on the platform (where the back seat used to be) is our 12v Whynter fridge/freezer, food and clothes/jackets, etc., and our dog.

loaded-3-jpeg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

loaded-12-jpeg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

Above pics show the rack before I moved the basket over and added the long gun case (for recovery gear and a first aid kit and TP).
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the camp kitchen box we built - it's the same size as the Action Packer containers so it takes up the same amount of space and it gives me flexibility when loading the bed.

campkitchenbox-1-jpeg.jpg

campkitchenbox-1-jpeg.jpg

campkitchenbox-2-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Off road lighting

Been planning to do the off road lighting right and I'm fortunate to be able to have the best lights made: Ultra Vision Lighting - high performance lighting from Australia

The good news is Ultra Vision Lighting is coming to America - stay tuned and you'll be able to buy their products direct from them: https://ultra-vision.com.au/

First up: Add the Jeep Steel Bumper Winch Guard

2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Grille Winch Guard Powder Coated OEM Mopar - Mopar (82215351) Mopar - 82215351 2018-2021 Jeep https://tinyurl.com/y45parvu

Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 1.jpeg

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And now for some lights...

Started with Ultra Vision's Power Vision 80W LED Driving Light - Nitro 80 Maxx Widr beam on the Winch Tube and I installed their Ultra Vision's Dura Vision ATOM 25W LED Work Lamp LED lights on the side of the Cowl brackets and bolted up Ultra Vision's larger Dura Vision ATOM 45W Work Lamp LED lights on top of the Cowl brackets.

Note: I'm installed 2 sets of Deutsch connectors to the inside of the front bumper so I could plug-and-play either these lights or the larger Nitro 180 Maxx lights which use a larger Deutsch connector.

I also ran wiring under the hood with 2 sets of Deutsch connectors to both Cowl bracket locations so I can plug-and-play lights there.

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 4

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 6

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 7

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 9

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 8

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
And now for some lights...

Started with Ultra Vision Nitro 140 Maxx on the Winch Tube and I installed their Atom 25's on the side of the Cowl brackets and bolted up their larger Atom lights on top of the Cowl brackets...

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 8
These look great. Can you get us a close up side shot to see them installed on bracket.

My pit chief and I were just talking about this yesterday. With as much dust as we have here in the Great 48, I think it may be time for some ambers And other lighting options.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's tons of light but I had the luxury of being able to go bigger so I did - installed Ultra Vision's Nitro 180 Maxx LED driving Lights on the Winch Bumper Tube...moar lighting...

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 5

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
These look great. Can you get us a close up side shot to see them installed on bracket.

My pit chief and I were just talking about this yesterday. With as much dust as we have here in the Great 48, I think it may be time for some ambers And other lighting options.
Sure, happy to help...

Here's the first Dura Vision ATOM 45W LED light mounted...

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 10

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 12

And here's the bracket with both lights installed...
1 - Dura Vision ATOM 45W LED bolted up on top of the bracket
1 - Dura Vision ATOM 25W LED mounted sideways

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 13

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are all 6 lights installed...

Cowl brackets:
1 pair - Dura Vision ATOM 45W LED bolted up on top of the bracket
1 pair - Dura Vision ATOM 25W LED mounted sideways

Winch Tube:
1 pair - Power Vision 80W LED Driving Light - Nitro 80 Maxx Widr beam

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 14

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 02 - 15

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Outstanding. Thank you for adding. Have added these to list of things to look at. It must be color of the JT that makes the whole setup look great 😁👍

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rack update...

1. Added Ultra Vision Lights to the rack - ran a hot wire to a switchbox I made and installed inside the right rear corner of the bed. 3 switches running 1 light on the left side, 1 on the right side of the rack and 2 lights to the rear. I'll use these when camping to light up the area.

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 9

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 10

2. Added RotopaX - one 2 gallon Gen 2 (without the twist lock feature) on each side of the rack using the RotopaX Deluxe Mounts.

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 8

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 7

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights & Rack Update - 6

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Added moar lights today...bolted on 2 of the Rigid Light Cubes - Amber, on the front bumper and ran the wire inside split loom to the Badge Glow panel for the connections to the Switch Panel

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 1

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 2

Pic from Badge Glow's website:
20180323_171958.jpg

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Blinded by the Light...

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 3

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 4

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 5

3 Switch Box in right rear inside bed - Velcro'd to the side wall in the corner (need to clean up the extra wire):
Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 6

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 7

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 8

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Gladiator Lights 03 - 9

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Those 80W rounds are sweet. Nighttime pics when you get a chance, please!

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those 80W rounds are sweet. Nighttime pics when you get a chance, please!
Gonna be a while - I moved them over to the Raptor where they're now A-pillar lights - as I'm headed out for Death Valley again. When I get back I'll get some pics of the Raptor with the lights on at night. In the meantime...

Jeep Gladiator JTR LE Build Up with No Letdown Raptor A-pillar lights - 1
Sponsored