First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Willys, 21 Indian Scout
Occupation
Management
I will camp every night as I will have my pup with me. AirBNB kind of out of the question.

also, anyone out of state that want to drive up early can stay at my place. I have a spare bedroom for you to stay here in Colorado Springs. Be forewarned though, it doesn’t have a bed but we can figure something out before July.
Sponsored

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
I will leave pretty early on Tuesday. I will run the back roads. Go up 24 to Monarch and go over the pass. It's a lot faster for us southern Co guys. I am down for whatever. I may get a Rebel 1/2 rack and a RTT for this one.
Do it! Ever since I got roam vagabond I will never sleep in a ground tent again. So much more comfortable and also I will never have to wake up to a bear trying to sneak a peek inside lol

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I have a guest room with a bed. :)
Same offer applies.
I will have my hound with as well. And yeah, the roam vagabond xl and Rebel Xplor 1/2 each may be in my future. Taking them off when not in use is a must for me.
I like naked Jeep too much.

I will camp every night as I will have my pup with me. AirBNB kind of out of the question.

also, anyone out of state that want to drive up early can stay at my place. I have a spare bedroom for you to stay here in Colorado Springs. Be forewarned though, it doesn’t have a bed but we can figure something out before July.

YO_Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94YJ..... '21 JTR!
Dam, I would love to meet up and join you guys for the trails, but sadly it's the same time as a previously planned camping trip.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
@Summitdan do you have a GAIA location for that spot you camped?
We may want to share it out as we get closer. To the date. Many will convoy, but some may need to arrive independent.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Summitdan do you have a GAIA location for that spot you camped?
We may want to share it out as we get closer. To the date. Many will convoy, but some may need to arrive independent.
I could try to find one, but the easiest landmark is the turn off to Alta Lakes on Alta Lakes Rd off of South CO 145. Alta lakes campground is small and tight, but you go past it to get to Gold King Basin. You turn left onto Alta Lakes Road off of 145 and take a right at Alta lakes to go to Gold King. Good signage. There’s also a gas station on 145 a few miles away that makes a good meeting spot. The link below has a map and Gps link, but it’s pretty easy.

https://www.jeeptheusa.com/alta-lakes-20.html

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
I could try to find one, but the easiest landmark is the turn off to Alta Lakes on Alta Lakes Rd off of South CO 145. Alta lakes campground is small and tight, but you go past it to get to Gold King Basin. You turn left onto Alta Lakes Road off of 145 and take a right at Alta lakes to go to Gold King. Good signage. There’s also a gas station on 145 a few miles away that makes a good meeting spot. The link below has a map and Gps link, but it’s pretty easy.

https://www.jeeptheusa.com/alta-lakes-20.html
Here is coordinates for Gold King Basin. 37.87836, -107.84523 linked to Gaia

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Perfect. So Tuesday we will head out. Probably Springs Crew meets at Omelet Parlor for breakfast. then we split from there up 24.

Tentative schedule:

Arrive and set up camp on the 26th. Tuesday afternoon and evening relax and BS around fire.

Wednesday 27th morning we hit Ophir for a warm up.
Imogene and then Black Bear.
My experience is that you run Ophir from the Ouray side and down into Telluride. This allows you to spot the long stretch down into Telluride from the summit. This section does not have room for Jeeps to pass. You will be on descent, but we can watch for it to be clear then hit it.
Take Imogene back to Ouray. Good views of the falls this way. Everyone will want a pic at the summit sign. 13,100 feet.
Black Bear is one way only. Have yet to do Black Bear so I will defer to people that have.
Potential for Yankee Boy after Black Bear and return to camp based on how the group is feeling.
Wednesday night. same camp.

Thursday morning we pack up for Engineer, Poughkeepsie, find camping on the loop and then Cinnamon Friday. Return to Ouray.

Saturday we depart. When all is said and done, you will have 5 BOH trails for your JT.

Open to suggestions.

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
Perfect. So Tuesday we will head out. Probably Springs Crew meets at Omelet Parlor for breakfast. then we split from there up 24.

Tentative schedule:

Arrive and set up camp on the 26th. Tuesday afternoon and evening relax and BS around fire.

My experience is that you run Ophir from the Ouray side and down into Telluride. This allows you to spot the long stretch down into Telluride from the summit. This section does not have room for Jeeps to pass. You will be on descent, but we can watch for it to be clear then hit it.
Take Imogene back to Ouray. Good views of the falls this way. Everyone will want a pic at the summit sign. 13,100 feet.
Black Bear is one way only. Have yet to do Black Bear so I will defer to people that have.
Potential for Yankee Boy after Black Bear and return to camp based on how the group is feeling.

Thursday morning we pack up for Engineer, Poughkeepsie, find camping on the loop and then Cinnamon Friday. Return to Ouray.

Saturday we depart. When all is said and done, you will have 5 BOH trails for your JT.

Open to suggestions.
I might head out on Monday, check out the camp site and see if it is available and hopefully claim it. Worst case scenario I will have some time in the area to find an alternative.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I might head out on Monday, check out the camp site and see if it is available and hopefully claim it. Worst case scenario I will have some time in the area to find an alternative.
I’m open to this as well , depending on my schedule. I’ll know more as we get closer. I always like getting a jump on site selection.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Tentative schedule:

Open to suggestions.
Are there route options that allow us to feasibly not break camp, and just keep the same base camp until departure?

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Perfect. Is everyone good with the timing and trails we will run?

I’m open to this as well , depending on my schedule. I’ll know more as we get closer. I always like getting a jump on site selection.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
The Alpine Loop is a good 7-8 hours on trail. We could feasibly do it in one very long day. But if we want to hit Poughkeepsie, it will be longer. That is two BOH trails.

Are there route options that allow us to feasibly not break camp, and just keep the same base camp until departure?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The Alpine Loop is a good 7-8 hours on trail. We could feasibly do it in one very long day. But if we want to hit Poughkeepsie, it will be longer. That is two BOH trails.
If it were me, I’d do that instead of breaking camp. What if we just added a day to make it easier?

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I figured we would just camp on trail, but we can see what the group says.

If it were me, I’d do that instead of breaking camp. What if we just added a day to make it easier?
Sponsored