First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
As the title states, I just installed the Desert Does It seat slammers. I went with the option 2 kit for the most amount of drop. I am about 6'5. Not the tallest out there but tall enough to cause my gladiator to be slightly uncomfortable, more so on longer trips.

Side note: I went from the front seat jackers (these were available long before the slammers) to the seat slammer kit. If you are 6'1-6'2 and below you'll find the seat jacker a lot more conducive. Two of my buddies around this height tried my jeep out prior to the slammer kit and said they loved it.

Here is my review:
Absolutely worth it. It made me feel like I was sitting in my Jeep rather than sitting on an egg crate somewhere in the vicinity of the steering wheel. The option 2 kit comes with the extra seat jackers for the front that refine the angle of the front seat. The seat now bolsters you in a manner that should have been factory. I have to say, it was weird being able to see stoplights again when the first in line at an intersection. Believe it or not, I actually lowered my steering wheel about 1/4 of an inch too. I feel normal again. And the interior of the JT feels 50% bigger. My knee no longer interferes with the dash either (manual trans). In my opinion, it was worth the 2 hours of swearing at my angle grinder.

Thank you Desert Does It. I love driving this thing even more now.

(not a paid review)
Sponsored

jplive

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave-99 Jeep TJ-12 Buick Enclave
Thank you for the review. I have the adjustable seat jackers on order. I'm 5'11, 200lbs and feel like I'm sliding forward in the stock seat.

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Thank you for the review. I have the adjustable seat jackers on order. I'm 5'11, 200lbs and feel like I'm sliding forward in the stock seat.
The seat jackers work GREAT for fixing everything from the waist down. If your noggin isnt hitting anything to begin with, you will love them!

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Absolutely worth it. It made me feel like I was sitting in my Jeep rather than sitting on an egg crate somewhere in the vicinity of the steering wheel. ... snip...

I have to say, it was weird being able to see stoplights again when the first in line at an intersection. Believe it or not, I actually lowered my steering wheel about 1/4 of an inch too. I feel normal again. And the interior of the JT feels 50% bigger. My knee no longer interferes with the dash either (manual trans). In my opinion, it was worth the 2 hours of swearing at my angle grinder.
Best analogy I've seen yet for how this driver's seat feels for tall people. 100% my experience as well.

Very tempted to try this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
See. I’m on the fence about doing this.

my problem, is really two.

first, I like sitting elevated. I’m not a fan of sitting in the floorboard.

second, anytime I sit with my hips below my knees for an extended period (see, every kayak seat ever made.) my lower back wants to break in half and I get the undying urge to stand.

the more positive reviews I see the more I want to do it, because the constant slouching to keep from smacking my melon on the sound bar is getting old.

why they didn’t just make the stupid cab about 5” taller I have no idea. Is every jeep engineer 5’8”?

dcjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Any discount codes available?

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P

second, anytime I sit with my hips below my knees for an extended period (see, every kayak seat ever made.) my lower back wants to break in half and I get the undying urge to stand.

the more positive reviews I see the more I want to do it, because the constant slouching to keep from smacking my melon on the sound bar is getting old.

why they didn’t just make the stupid cab about 5” taller I have no idea. Is every jeep engineer 5’8”?
Honestly the adjustable nature of this it is why I love it so much. You can fine tune it exactly for what you need

Sponsored

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland

I think they tried to make some adjustability, or rather just carried it over from the JL, but it isn't going to work for everyone.

FYI average American male height is ~5'9" so this may be used as a design parameter

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Another point worth mentioning, while the gladiator may be uncomfortable for us taller humans, it’s definitely not the worst. My father has a 5th gen 2500 ram and my hair touches the roof in that thing with the seat all the way down too. Even worse in my old 1500. I have yet to find a vehicle I’ve owned that I haven’t had to modify the seat in. Just as part of life and I’m glad there’s companies like DDI that will do the R&D for me lol

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
If any of you gentlemen would like to unload your Seat Jackers, Id like to give them a shot, maybe shoot me a PM and we can work out a deal. I like the idea of the slammers but am hesitant to chop the seat rails. Im around 5'9, but I do believe changing the angle of the seat would make it more comfortable. Thanks.

OP
OP
guitarshredder7

guitarshredder7

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
If any of you gentlemen would like to unload your Seat Jackers, Id like to give them a shot, maybe shoot me a PM and we can work out a deal. I like the idea of the slammers but am hesitant to chop the seat rails. Im around 5'9, but I do believe changing the angle of the seat would make it more comfortable. Thanks.
I just sold mine to a friend :/ but check the for sale forum on here or on JLwranglerforum I’m sure you’d get someone to bite quick if you make a WTB post
Sponsored