First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I forgot to check in here. I placed my order for a Gator Rubicon with a manual Trans on 03/28/20. Due to the shut down and the manual transmission recall we submitted the order to the factory manually. On 04/22/20 my order was finally accepted and I received my VIN. Hoping the shut down doesn’t last too long but glad I atleast have a VIN so that I will still get a Gladiator this year.
Sponsored

AndyWentJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
I forgot to check in here. I placed my order for a Gator Rubicon with a manual Trans on 03/28/20. Due to the shut down and the manual transmission recall we submitted the order to the factory manually. On 04/22/20 my order was finally accepted and I received my VIN. Hoping the shut down doesn’t last too long but glad I atleast have a VIN so that I will still get a Gladiator this year.
Right there with you! It’s a balance between wanting all their employees to be safe vs it would be so nice to get our JTs and still have some summer left to enjoy with them! If it’s any good news for you I heard they’ve been in a soft re-open since 4/14. Meaning there’s employees there still processing orders and entering build info into all their systems which gathers the parts from the necessary locations around the complex and robotically gets them all setup to go down the line so when the FULL reopen comes May 1, they’re ready to start sending orders down the line, and all units that are already sold get build priority! And you got a VIN assigned, maybe there’s someone that knows more about it than I do on here but it’s my understanding they’re not randomly generated and assigned when the order is placed, they’re assigned AFTER the order has already been processed so the ball is rolling for you. Welcome to quarantine Jeep ordering with the rest of us. The wait is awful but I have a feeling delivery day will be even THAT much better!

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Oh def’n. Honestly I heard something Ike 11 FCA plant workers had died from COVID-19 so I know when its safe for them is best. I want my Gladiator but these people building them are more important so whenever that happens I’m fine.

I actually work at a Chrysler dealership in sales so yes once the order is confirmed a VIN is assigned and you are in que. I have a number of customers orders that tentative June 1st ship dates so I think May would make sense to open based off that, but it all comes down to what happens with this virus.

Yes there have been still employees working processing orders but thats on a very small scale if I’m not mistaken.

It’s taken a month from me ordering it, too my order being accepted and VIN. I’m hoping I will have an estimated date by the end of next week, and everything goes good they open up the factories.

It’s a long wait but I’ve been waiting since July 2018 after my JK got written off, so a couple months more wont hurt.

Right there with you! It’s a balance between wanting all their employees to be safe vs it would be so nice to get our JTs and still have some summer left to enjoy with them! If it’s any good news for you I heard they’ve been in a soft re-open since 4/14. Meaning there’s employees there still processing orders and entering build info into all their systems which gathers the parts from the necessary locations around the complex and robotically gets them all setup to go down the line so when the FULL reopen comes May 1, they’re ready to start sending orders down the line, and all units that are already sold get build priority! And you got a VIN assigned, maybe there’s someone that knows more about it than I do on here but it’s my understanding they’re not randomly generated and assigned when the order is placed, they’re assigned AFTER the order has already been processed so the ball is rolling for you. Welcome to quarantine Jeep ordering with the rest of us. The wait is awful but I have a feeling delivery day will be even THAT much better!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I actually work at a Chrysler dealership in sales so yes once the order is confirmed a VIN is assigned and you are in que. I have a number of customers orders that tentative June 1st ship dates so I think May would make sense to open based off that, but it all comes down to what happens with this virus.
Do you have any insight into this? I did see that since your post, FCA is now "targeting" May 18th to open so I'm assuming your June 1 date is off now. Curious if any plant employees or others with insider info can shed some light on order expectations once the plant opens. I have one dealer in Tampa telling me they think 4 week turn around because they will be doing primarily just special orders. Another tells me expect 8 weeks turn around.

It’s taken a month from me ordering it, too my order being accepted and VIN. I’m hoping I will have an estimated date by the end of next week, and everything goes good they open up the factories.
I submitted mine on a Wednesday (4/22 at 630pm EST) and had the VIN 2 days later (Friday morning 4/24)... I wonder what took so long for you?

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
the May 18th opening seems to be the same that we have been told for some time so I think it is still correct.
Mine was a Manual trans so they weren’t accepting the orders for them when I ordered back in March. They actually only opened ordering for the Manuals on 04/22 so you got lucky because you submitted yours on the day they opened up the ordering for them.

Do you have any insight into this? I did see that since your post, FCA is now "targeting" May 18th to open so I'm assuming your June 1 date is off now. Curious if any plant employees or others with insider info can shed some light on order expectations once the plant opens. I have one dealer in Tampa telling me they think 4 week turn around because they will be doing primarily just special orders. Another tells me expect 8 weeks turn around.

I submitted mine on a Wednesday (4/22 at 630pm EST) and had the VIN 2 days later (Friday morning 4/24)... I wonder what took so long for you?

Sponsored

Connkeus

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, future 2020 JTR?
Occupation
Pharm
Ordered on March 28th, spoke w/ Jeep chat today - have a vin # but still in pre production status. Curious if theres any chance of getting it in June

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
the May 18th opening seems to be the same that we have been told for some time so I think it is still correct.
Mine was a Manual trans so they weren’t accepting the orders for them when I ordered back in March. They actually only opened ordering for the Manuals on 04/22 so you got lucky because you submitted yours on the day they opened up the ordering for them.
Mine is an auto, so I might be different than you. They have been accepting orders for autos for awhile. I originally submitted on 4/14 but the dealer held it back intentionally (I wasn’t aware). I did speak with a few others that submitted on the 14th too and had VINs on the 15th.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on March 28th, spoke w/ Jeep chat today - have a vin # but still in pre production status. Curious if theres any chance of getting it in June
I have a hard time believing that anything earlier than 4 weeks won’t happen. The dealer I went through does a lot of special orders and they seem to think getting a car in 4 weeks is the absolute minimum at this point.
With that being said, they will be shutting down and retooling for 2021s at some point so I’m interested in when they stop accepting orders.

I saw a discussion on the JLwranglerforums site about scheduling for last years JL (of course I can’t find it) and the general consensus was Jeep planned to have the wrangler and gladiator on the same yearly production schedules. It was either end of June or July that they shut down to retool.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke with Jeep Chat, they said my vehicle is in pre-production and parts are all gathered. Staged and ready to start once factory opens. I asked for the specific build indicator as I was already told D last week and they said their system is no longer showing the indicators. Asked if they had estimated start dates based off tentative May 18th date (I know, long shot but figured couldn’t hurt to ask) and they said they don’t know.

Connkeus

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, future 2020 JTR?
Occupation
Pharm
I have a hard time believing that anything earlier than 4 weeks won’t happen. The dealer I went through does a lot of special orders and they seem to think getting a car in 4 weeks is the absolute minimum at this point.
With that being said, they will be shutting down and retooling for 2021s at some point so I’m interested in when they stop accepting orders.

I saw a discussion on the JLwranglerforums site about scheduling for last years JL (of course I can’t find it) and the general consensus was Jeep planned to have the wrangler and gladiator on the same yearly production schedules. It was either end of June or July that they shut down to retool.
I would imagine they’d push the re-tooling date back to ensure worker safety and fulfill previously placed orders? There’s a Jeep Toledo plant facebook page that you can see publicly. It appears an employee posted they received a robo call stating the may 4th start date was canceled, new back to work date may be may 25th.

I ordered a manual, and I’ve read there are some issues with said manuals. Unclear if that issue will delay actual production as well. A lot of variables at play here.

In 2016 I placed a factory order for my JKU on the 4th of July and was driving it home August 6th. A different time then, but once can hope

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine they’d push the re-tooling date back to ensure worker safety and fulfill previously placed orders? There’s a Jeep Toledo plant facebook page that you can see publicly. It appears an employee posted they received a robo call stating the may 4th start date was canceled, new back to work date may be may 25th.

I ordered a manual, and I’ve read there are some issues with said manuals. Unclear if that issue will delay actual production as well. A lot of variables at play here.

In 2016 I placed a factory order for my JKU on the 4th of July and was driving it home August 6th. A different time then, but once can hope
What’s the Facebook page?
I haven’t seen/heard anything about the 25th yet so I’ll hope for the 18th but that wouldn’t be surprising since they were “targeting” the 18th.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Couldn’t tell ya on the pushing back of retool dates, I suppose it’s possible. With everything going on I think anything is possible now. I have heard there are employees that went back already and doing some work. Like I said earlier mine is already in D and the parts have already been staged and awaiting build. So Jeep is def doing something to get us ready for the day the plant opens.

I’m curious how many special orders they have in the books right now and how fast they can push one through.
As for the manual issue I wasn’t paying much attention. Hopefully nothing that will create a further set back for you!

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Just placed an order with @Travis@TriCityJeep.
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Gator color
8 Speed Auto
Dual Top Group
Soft Tri-fold Tonneau
Soft top window storage bag
Safety Group
Premium Audio
Cold Weather
LED Lighting
Steel bumper
Trailer tow package