Sponsored

Just Ordered? Check in HERE!

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Firecracker Red Rubicon Diesel order just went in. Now the wait for MY21 production to start....
Any idea when 2021 production starts? Kicking around trading in my '19 JLUR and ordering a '21 Gladiator optioned out Sport S with Max Tow and then picking up a cheap(er) 2 door JK or even a TJ to wheel with instead of beating up this $55k JLUR
Sponsored

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Any idea when 2021 production starts? Kicking around trading in my '19 JLUR and ordering a '21 Gladiator optioned out Sport S with Max Tow and then picking up a cheap(er) 2 door JK or even a TJ to wheel with instead of beating up this $55k JLUR
no idea, Will let you know when mine hits D1 :LOL:

StingerPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S - Sting Gray / 1999 Jeep Wrangler
That's an INSANELY fast build time and delivery! This wasn't a dealer transfer, it was actually a custom build for you???!?!?
Yep. Custom order. Had the VON and VIN number 2 days later. I was surprised as well.

Pogoda

First Name
Rob & Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins; 2001 Ram 2500 5.9 diesel
Still waiting on mine to be built. Rubicon ordered May 13-15. Not even on assembly line yet according to Jeep ;(

Sponsored

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Still waiting on mine to be built. Rubicon ordered May 13-15. Not even on assembly line yet according to Jeep ;(
Curious? What exactly did you order? I ordered on May 13 and mine has been built since July 3. I should see it shortly after the 24th. I ordered a colour matched fully loaded Rubicon.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
2021... Any idea when production will begin? I'm told that '21 production of the JL has begun, the JT has not.
Thanks !

Pogoda

First Name
Rob & Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins; 2001 Ram 2500 5.9 diesel
To respond to NEWBWHEELER. I ordered exact same as you - color matched loaded Rubicon - white. I think the only thing I didn’t need was the block heater.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
2021... Any idea when production will begin? I'm told that '21 production of the JL has begun, the JT has not.
Thanks !
The 2021 JL has not started production and probably won't until around August 10. Orders opened June 5. There are still 2020 JL orders from Feb and Mar waiting to be built. But JTs are a different line with fewer back orders so should go quicker than than JL. Jay will publish the projected order start date and estimated production date for JT just as soon as he gets them.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Curious? What exactly did you order? I ordered on May 13 and mine has been built since July 3. I should see it shortly after the 24th. I ordered a colour matched fully loaded Rubicon.
Guessing the JT uses the same production sequencing system as the JL - each day it uses the very complex enie, meanie, minie mo algorithm.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (sold), 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sport S (sold), 1997 TJ Sport (sold), 1981 Grand Wagonner lifted with w/ 35" BFG (sold), 1973 Cadillac Eldorado, 2012 Moomba Mojo
Occupation
Urban Planner
Still no Gladiator yet. :headbang:

Order entered May 29, notified that build was complete June 20. Dealer originally hoped it would make it up to Canada by end of June.

Latest is that Chrysler anticipates it should ship by mid-July and hopefully I will have it by the 20th.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
The 2021 JL has not started production and probably won't until around August 10. Orders opened June 5. There are still 2020 JL orders from Feb and Mar waiting to be built. But JTs are a different line with fewer back orders so should go quicker than than JL. Jay will publish the projected order start date and estimated production date for JT just as soon as he gets them.
Thanks!
Any anticipated styling changes, other than the mechanical they've noted (motor, FT 4wd, etc)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Still no Gladiator yet. :headbang:

Order entered May 29, notified that build was complete June 20. Dealer originally hoped it would make it up to Canada by end of June.

Latest is that Chrysler anticipates it should ship by mid-July and hopefully I will have it by the 20th.
Down in the states they wait for trucks to take them to the railyard to load, they take a long rail ride, then they wait at the rail drop yard for someone to be able to unload and then wait for trucks to take them to the dealer. One middle size drop yard had 900 waiting. They are even storing them on the railcars which means those railcars couldn't get back to the factory to pick up more.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Thanks!
Any anticipated styling changes, other than the mechanical they've noted (motor, FT 4wd, etc)
None that have been reported. Main reason no shutdown for model year switch - engine, transmission and transfer case vendors given enough advanced notice to be ready, Hopefully.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Guessing the JT uses the same production sequencing system as the JL - each day it uses the very complex enie, meanie, minie mo algorithm.
this could be the funniest thing I have read today
Sponsored