First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
This will be my first car payment in over 20 years, so I'm breathing into a paper bag right now.

Just got a VON for my '21 JT Rubi Sarge Green.

Dealer says it's not really possible to track your own order online anymore. Is this true?

The only other new car we've ever bought between my wife and I, was my '98 Moss Green TJ. Figured the Sarge Green was appropriate.

I tried the Jeep Chat and the websites listed in the "order tracking" thread but it seemed neither worked.

I would love to be able to track status online without having to bug the dealer for updates constantly, is that possible?

FYI I got it through the Koons group buy, 6% below invoice, 6.5% when my TL membership matures.

Darel
Sponsored

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
This will be my first car payment in over 20 years, so I'm breathing into a paper bag right now.

Dealer says it's not really possible to track your own order online anymore. Is this true?

The only other new car we've ever bought between my wife and I, was my '98 Moss Green TJ. Figured the Sarge Green was appropriate.

I tried the Jeep Chat and the websites listed in the "order tracking" thread but it seemed neither worked.

I would love to be able to track status online without having to bug the dealer for updates constantly, is that possible?

FYI I got it through the Koons group buy, 6% below invoice, 6.5% when my TL membership matures.

Darel
I know what you mean. The last vehicle loan I had was paid off in 2000.
Took advantage of the 0% financing Jeep was offering back in April. Couldn't resist.

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I know what you mean. The last vehicle loan I had was paid off in 2000.
Took advantage of the 0% financing Jeep was offering back in April. Couldn't resist.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really feel like I'm going to vomit right now, but I've got TWO trades worth more than 50% of the JT plus cash on the barrel. And I drive around my neighborhood wondering how all these people afford TWO car payments (because nothing's more than four years old) and they don't know half what I know about automotive and home repair so every time a toilet blocks up they're calling a plumber, or every check-engine-light goes right back to the dealer. WTF how do people do it, and sleep at night?

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really feel like I'm going to vomit right now, but I've got TWO trades worth more than 50% of the JT plus cash on the barrel. And I drive around my neighborhood wondering how all these people afford TWO car payments (because nothing's more than four years old) and they don't know half what I know about automotive and home repair so every time a toilet blocks up they're calling a plumber, or every check-engine-light goes right back to the dealer. WTF how do people do it, and sleep at night?
Take a couple of deep breaths and relax, it's gonna be ok.
Some folks make a shit ton of money, and some folks don't. Just the way of the world. Living within your means is the key.

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I hope that having done exactly that for decades pays off. Thank you!

Sponsored

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I hope that having done exactly that for decades pays off. Thank you!
It does.
Having a good financial advisor helps a lot too 👍

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It's exciting. I pick my new truck up tomorrow. The first bit of the wait is easy tomorrow is going to be hell.

I just hope those people don't have mountains of debt. That doesn't sound like fun at all, my mortgage balance is a number that freaks me out the most and it's not even that much compared to most.

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction

Darel
Great color choice 😉

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Take a couple of deep breaths and relax, it's gonna be ok.
Some folks make a shit ton of money, and some folks don't. Just the way of the world. Living within your means is the key.
Yes indeed. Sarge Green is bad ass!
IMG_20210717_145344356_HDR.jpg
I have been looking for pics of a Sarge with gold or bronze wheels! Love it. I really actually love the style of the stock Rubi wheels (kinda like Lotus "wobbly web" or Halibrands from the '60s) but the whole black wheel thing is so played out. Thought about painting / dipping / powdercoating the stock wheels bronze. Yours look great!

Sponsored

Mastermind

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Property Manager
1.) You don’t HAVE to take delivery - but you’ll want to.
(Most states - Virginia included - a dealership is not able to keep the security deposit in the event of a cancelled sale)

2.) My anecdotal experience is that most people only regret the options they did NOT get and it sounds like yours is pretty top of the line.

3.) Jeep’s have historically held their resale value better than most most any other motor vehicle. So while you’re going to have a big purchase, it’s not going to drop in value like a German luxury car would.

4.) You can check the online process every hour - or not check it at all - it will still arrive at the exact same time.

It seems you made a great selection, I hope you enjoy it as much as I love mine ❤

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
It's exciting. I pick my new truck up tomorrow. The first bit of the wait is easy tomorrow is going to be hell.

I just hope those people don't have mountains of debt. That doesn't sound like fun at all, my mortgage balance is a number that freaks me out the most and it's not even that much compared to most.
You made a sharp color choice! Gopher fan?

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I feel ya! I just agreed to sell my dream sports car so I could get a gladiator and I’m just numb. Excited but 😬

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really feel like I'm going to vomit right now... WTF how do people do it, and sleep at night?
I hear ya. Is it the debt, or the commitment, lol?

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Congrats on the new truck! Sounds like with the trade ins and deposit you will be covering a lot of the cost. I traded in my paid off 4Runner, and it cover almost half the cost of my JT. That certainly made the purchase easier to swallow.

I’m not a fan of having a car payment, but a lot of people don’t mind always having one.
Sponsored