OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
And that's what happened to me - and the mud as well when the snow melts, I get spray from the highway coming back and I have full stock fenders.

I'm wondering how they handle the federal requirement for side marker lights/reflectors and turn signals. Maybe the turn signal part is built into that sliver? (there's also a minimum for square inches area that must be presented)
The drl is a switch back with the turn signal. Just like the aal kit except this would have a bit better side visibility.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The drl is a switch back with the turn signal. Just like the aal kit except this would have a bit better side visibility.
That makes sense.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever would hit and rip off a flare would take off the wheel that sticks past it no? If that is the main concern then wouldn't a fender delete be cheaper and more beneficial?

On second look and the pics on their site, they don't look that bad. Its just the pic posted here in the OP at that angle looks like the flares are about 2" wide.
My rear wheels stick out past my bushwackers a hair & I have never lost a wheel even when scraping the fender & taking out a tail light & a big ol chunk of the powder coat on my rear bumper. The tire rubs in the same obstacle for sure though. Most of the trails where I am are nice & tight. With a big long off-road vehicle light the JT I have tried to keep it fairly narrow which is why my bead locks are +25mm offset so they are tucked in way more then most (I do have the wide axles which hurts a bit in that regard as well). Here is a clip of one of the times I did that obsticle. This was a while back before I had lockers. There is one place that is even narrower on the trail as well. That one I have done, but I wont do it with doors or the top.

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Really wanting to see some pics on a gladiator besides their website.

Sponsored

bigsend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Same here. Just got mine in the mail today. They look great! Havenā€™t looked at the plug for the DRL. Iā€™m going to be using SEM primer and trim paint on both KBD fenders and Artec front liners.
Iā€™m still looking for a set of rubicon fenders for the JT as these KBD were meant as a place holder.
If anybody has a set of rubicon fenders painted or not let me know! All dealers are out of stock.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. Just got mine in the mail today. They look great! Havenā€™t looked at the plug for the DRL. Iā€™m going to be using SEM primer and trim paint on both KBD fenders and Artec front liners.
Iā€™m still looking for a set of rubicon fenders for the JT as these KBD were meant as a place holder.
If anybody has a set of rubicon fenders painted or not let me know! All dealers are out of stock.
Im impressed with initial feel of them. I still havent decided on finish. The black actually looks pretty good so I may leave them unfinished with the knowledge I will be painting them in a couple years due to fade.

There is a vehicle wrap shop just around the corner from my house though that I am going to swing by tomorrow & see what it would cost to wrap the top surfaces in something a bit more UV stable too.

I did notice that they had plugs included so that was a surprise. I had actually ordered the AAL plugs when I ordered their inner fenders. Both were delivered today. So this weekend will be a big one for the ol JT's appearance.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I just went out & plugged in one of the light's. I am actually quite impressed. The DRL & dynamic turn signal's function with just the factory plug. No anything else at all needed. I already have LED indicators so I dont have to add the resistor which they make really easy if you do.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I cancelled my rubicon fender order as they now postponed the eta to December. N4x4 initially stated late August, then late September.

Let me know how it turns out @bastage.
I went off-roading a couple weeks ago and didnā€™t disconnect due to oem flares/37ā€™s. My rear tires rubbed the fenders. I need more clearance for flex.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I cancelled my rubicon fender order as they now postponed the eta to December. N4x4 initially stated late August, then late September.

Let me know how it turns out @bastage.
I went off-roading a couple weeks ago and didnā€™t disconnect due to oem flares/37ā€™s. My rear tires rubbed the fenders. I need more clearance for flex.
I dont have any pics of my stock fenders installed... But so far I have installed 1 of the rear fenders & snapped a couple of pics of it vs the Bushwackers I had. They are tall though. The amount of clearance vs bushwacker which was WAY more clearance vs my OEM max tow fenders should kinda paint some what of a picture.

Dirty is the bushwackers & clean is the KBD.

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1695
Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1694
Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1693
Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1692

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finished putting them on.. Found that there was a couple of small transparent screws missing. Quick call to KBD & they have them on the way. Whats missing is to hold the lens's in so I dont have them installed, but otherwise done for now. I installed everything using rivnuts that I already had installed from my bushwacker flares. But that was probably only about a 20 minute time savings all together (if that). The overall finish is plenty good. Too good to have a vinyl wrap applied (took them to a shop & they could not get anything to stick, so I will take them back in a year once the surface isnt so pretty to have them wrapped to something UV stable).

There is one place on each front that they should have had a hole to attach, but didnt. When these come back off to put on my AAL inner fenders (which would of gone on today as well, except they shipped me the wrong front's) I am going to drill the KBD's & add it.

More pics of them vs my bushwhacker flares.. I tried to match the angles. The front KBD's are much narrower then what I had & the rear's are slightly wider.. So far I am happy with them. Even my girlfriend who rolls her eyes at anything jeep parts said they look WAY better.

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1701

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1697

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1700

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1698

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares IMG_1699

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Currently itā€™s 2-4 weeks per website. Is this accurate and is the harness plug n play? Itā€™s already in my shopping cart. Fitment looks perfect especially the curves on the tub to fender.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Currently itā€™s 2-4 weeks per website. Is this accurate and is the harness plug n play? Itā€™s already in my shopping cart. Fitment looks perfect especially the curves on the tub to fender.
Shopping was listed at 3-5 when I ordered and it was right at 5 weeks. The harness in plug and play.
The fitment to the body was actually not perfect. But being plastic you push the part the way it needs to go during install and you end up with a good fit anyway.