Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
https://backpackinglight.com/garmin-inreach-mini-review/

i'm not as good with the images as WhatExit? but ya it's a little bigger in footprint and glad i only carry when hiking, in my pack...not day to day many times used like my vehicle fob but here's a smaller gps unit garmin inreach mini that's about fob size and does even more than the gen 3 spot does, scroll down to see the side by side and in palm pics, that's a drastic difference in capability vs similar size
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I see, so you want your key fobs to cost $350 plus the programming labor, and have a huge thing sticking out of the end. Because, well, antennas take space.

Can it start your truck?

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, but I been on Wrangler forums for 20 years and this is the first time I've been banned from a thread for inappropriate content.

4dvkmy.jpg

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Your name on a grain of rice...

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Follies Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 1.12.06 PM

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
https://www.popularmechanics.com/te...llest-computer-world-smaller-than-grain-rice/

you can do better than that WhatExit?

Swamp...that fob should be able to do everything the spot/in-reach satellite communicator does, but it barely does anything, they have computers 1/1000th the size of a grain of rice and our fob unlocks the doors/allows you to push a button/and can do remote start from a normal range....oh, if you have auto-start in your model that is

what does the apple watch do again? hmmm

the fob is 3x the size and weight it should be for 2020, maybe 4-5x the size and weight it should be

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
the fob is 3x the size and weight it should be for 2020, maybe 4-5x the size and weight it should be
After much deliberation and reading all the opinions (really only two), I have decided the reason for the size is ruggedness. After all, it is an off-road capable fob.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
After much deliberation and reading all the opinions (really only two), I have decided the reason for the size is ruggedness. After all, it is an off-road capable fob.
“Ruggedized”, off-roadable, F.O.B.!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I just came home from buying a new motorcycle. On the owner's desk, there was the biggest car fob you could imagine. I hate myself for forgetting to get a photo, but I was distracted by...NEW BIKE! It's basically the Jeep of motorcycles. Anyway his key fob was literally bigger than the SPOT mini demo unit also sitting on his desk.

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Follies IMG_7116

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just came home from buying a new motorcycle. On the owner's desk, there was the biggest car fob you could imagine. I hate myself for forgetting to get a photo, but I was distracted by...NEW BIKE! It's basically the Jeep of motorcycles. Anyway his key fob was literally bigger than the SPOT mini demo unit also sitting on his desk.
Even though "pics or it didn't happen" we believe you because...

Nd9GcQmIuZfW7_UjGwDmw1koUWJNswb1bVh5L16BA&usqp=CAU.jpg

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
When I go in to pick up the add-on parts, I will get a pic.

Also, damn I love that bike.

The car with the ginormous fob was one of those generic old man "muscle" cars they make now, with a V6 and traction control so dumb guys can't spin the tires. Charger, ... Crap, I forgot the names of all the fake muscle cars being mad now.

Also, 11:30 pm and I may have had a whisky or 12.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Charger, ... Crap, I forgot the names of all the fake muscle cars being mad now.

Also, 11:30 pm and I may have had a whisky or 12.
So muscle cars are mad now? Like the "angry Jeep" grilles?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We complain about a key fob - but here's some of the stuff my father had to carry around.
Some he carried in a pocket, some in a holster on his belt, some in a shirt pocket, when he was a chief inspector in the plant where he worked......
Micrometers, taper gauges, various steel rules, other stuff - I didn't take time to dig it all out of the drawer I keep this stuff in.
When I farmed I carried pliers in a holster, and a small pair of "Vice Grips" as well.

Getcha a holster, clip it to a belt loop - no more fumbling, key won't pop out making folks wonder what's in your pocket and you can lock it into the holster if you need to share the fob with anyone but don't want them snooping in the glove box or console.

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Follies 20200906_152050

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
We complain about a key fob - . . .

Getcha a holster, clip it to a belt loop - no more fumbling, key won't pop out making folks wonder what's in your pocket and you can lock it into the holster if you need to share the fob with anyone but don't want them snooping in the glove box or console.

Jeep Gladiator Key Fob Follies 20200906_152050
Exactly what I did.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Another solution found!

If you cannot get Jeep to make it smaller by wining about it, turn the liability into an asset! Impress your friends by making it even bigger. And harder, too!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Allo...r-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-JL-2018-2020/224106126899

"Decorate your car charming luxury vivid"
HAHA - sort of like those crates for cell phones by "Otter Box" - I call them crates as they are huge and you could throw your phone against a concrete wall and it wouldn't break - but it takes two hands to hold the bloody phone.
Sponsored