KY Jeep Clubs

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I guess I need to stop waffling and get one of my own! I suppose I could show up with a 4wheeler and a SxS on a trailer, lol. But I know the DBBB for instance is made up of actual road ways and those are not legal. Wonder where they run near Cumberland Falls. We camp and boat at Laurel River Lake near Corbin, which is close by. We've run the buggies on some forest roads and small trails in the area; that's about it. Just started riding in the area this past summer; been boating on Laurel for 20+ years.

Easy for me to hit most of the spots you've listed. Thanks for starting the legwork. Wonder how serious his group is. Some of them require you to have a CB and other equip to run with them, or so I've heard.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I guess I need to stop waffling and get one of my own! I suppose I could show up with a 4wheeler and a SxS on a trailer, lol. But I know the DBBB for instance is made up of actual road ways and those are not legal. Wonder where they run near Cumberland Falls. We camp and boat at Laurel River Lake near Corbin, which is close by. We've run the buggies on some forest roads and small trails in the area; that's about it. Just started riding in the area this past summer; been boating on Laurel for 20+ years.

Easy for me to hit most of the spots you've listed. Thanks for starting the legwork. Wonder how serious his group is. Some of them require you to have a CB and other equip to run with them, or so I've heard.
On the google maps link I posted he shows to be a local guide. His book of faces page has him as a business, I asked about pricing but don't know yet. I know, I know, no need to pay someone to go on the roads. But I figure it was something to look into as obviously others are using his services to go (if he even charges) and guides usually know cool little facts/crannies of trails that visitors would overlook. We'll see what he responds with.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Upcoming events for the summer

April 17, May 15, and June 26, Red River Gorge

Hosted by ECO-OHV School

49D3A1B3-77C3-4CA9-90D3-0CB27E538DF6.png

86D2E71F-F364-4F30-AD10-AF9C4B44B9A0.png

46A80693-8A7F-4373-936D-246EB9C1140D.png

Last edited:

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would definitely be interested in the Trail Ride to Remember, remembering Brady Scanlon, who died from melanoma at 32. The foundation typically does an annual motorcycle ride; he and his brother enjoyed riding. My wife and I became friends with his brother; met him and his wife while camping. We spent lots of time riding, camping, boating, fireside with them. Last year, the brother lost his life as well. Not the same at the lake without him. We are still in contact with his wife; a strong and resilient lady. She's been back a couple of times to camp with family.

Couple of hiccups for us making it: No off roader yet and we have plans for the night of the 26th. Thanks for the post, kinda hit me hard again.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took this shot of him and his wife. Took a ride down to the Cumberland Gap area with them.
20170607_140058.jpg

He gave us a couple of shirts:
20170621_205314.jpg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would definitely be interested in the Trail Ride to Remember, remembering Brady Scanlon, who died from melanoma at 32. The foundation typically does an annual motorcycle ride; he and his brother enjoyed riding. My wife and I became friends with his brother; met him and his wife while camping. We spent lots of time riding, camping, boating, fireside with them. Last year, the brother lost his life as well. Not the same at the lake without him. We are still in contact with his wife; a strong and resilient lady. She's been back a couple of times to camp with family.

Couple of hiccups for us making it: No off roader yet and we have plans for the night of the 26th. Thanks for the post, kinda hit me hard again.
If I make it down that way I maybe you guys could ride along. Glad I could help you at least be aware of the ride given your close connection to it

ETA: also, plenty of time to get a JT before then! From what I have seen and read the trails down there can be done in stock vehicles like Landcruisers and Jeeps

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe you guys could ride along
thank you for that

: also, plenty of time to get a JT before then!
Absolutely! Pretty close to pulling the trigger now that the forced options have been reduced. Bring on the integrated trailer brake controller and I'm prolly there.

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
You can look up Kentucky Offroaders Ky on Facebook. There’s also C.O.R.E. Cincinnati Off Road Enthusiasts. They’re based in Cincy but wheel a lot in Kentucky. I know there’s more that I’m forgetting.
Daniel Boone there’s a ton of trails down there from mild to wild, but would need a guide due to some are private lands and you’ll have to know how to go! There’s also Black Mountain OHV area. There’s a few more parks around the state also.....

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like this group is active and I will try to go to this event
I believe they mean in Mammoth Cave National forest not Mt. Washington Ky
AB1B1627-3DF9-43D1-9135-A541E7C15381.png

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@futzin' you doing the Trail Ride To Remember? I got a notification about it being the last few days to register

https://eco-ohv.com/
Sponsored