Sponsored

Laser eye surgery; What are your thoughts!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Best thing ever! Plus free Xanax!
Sponsored

J Sierra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine done in 1999, 35 years old. History, left eye -4.5 right -5.5 blind as a bat with out my glasses. I ride dirt bikes and quads, ski glasses suck for that. With my glasses I had 20/10 and exceptional night vision. After lasik the flap procedure, my vision is 20/20 and my night vision is average. Dry eyes are a big part of it I had to use eye drop for years, not so much any more. It will make you close up vision worse. I would do it again, the procedure it better today. I have glasses for night driving -.25 on top and -2 on the bottom so I can see the dash. For quad ridding, skiing, off road, telescopes, cameras not having glasses is great.

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
I had PRK in early 2004. I was 20/450 in both eyes with astigmatism. Came out just over 20/20 with no astigmatism and now I'm at 20/35. Doc says I have plenty of cornea left to do PRK again to restore it to 20/20 if I want. PRK is a little more painful on the healing side, about 4 days to be comfortable as the skin heals over the cornea.

Ron
I had PRK about 5 years ago and it is truly like Christmas — not having the hassle of dealing with contacts and being able to get outside and just SEE. Yes, I sacrificed my up-close vision and now have to wear readers for anything small-type related, but I would do it again 100 times over. I wasn't aware that it's possible to do the procedure again (or maybe I don't remember). Might have to schedule a consultation to see what my vision is today.

NinaFox317

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Business Consultant
I did Lasik a year ago when we had to start wearing a mask and my glasses started to fog up. I panicked for like 5 seconds when they propped my eye open but absolutely no regrets! It was painless. I was spending hundreds of dollars a year on glasses and sunglasses so I probably saved myself a little bit of money over time.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
I have no regrets about mine. Cost me about $4k - financed over 36 months. Best decision as no fogging up / breaking / losing / Any#ofbadthings of glasses. I used a national institute that a close friend & her SO used (locally to me) at their recommendation. Good experience, I healed up well. I just have to ensure I have a complete eye exam yearly or else my lifetime "touch-up" warranty is voided. Nothing too terrible as I try to go once a year anyways.

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I did Lasik about 20 years ago. I still see 20/20. Before I could read the writing on the back of a wrist watch easily. That's gone and I wear reading glasses. But skiing, and just walking around without glasses and especially not dealing with contact lenses anymore is fantastic.

FYI: I opted NOT to do one eye for near and one for far. Struck me as odd. My brother-in-law is a surgeon and had his done near/far and says it took him no time at all to get used to it. Now I wish I had done that.

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
I did Monovision in 2002 and have never looked back. I was 43 and I have had 0 complaints. Now that I'm approaching 65 my vision is starting to change. May have to get something done

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I had LASIK in 2002. I had been wearing contacts for being nearsighted and suddenly found myself needing reading glasses in addition. It was one of the best things I have done. Came out of the ten minute surgery with 20/15 vision and still have 20/25 today. Still need readers as I declined considering monovision where you use one eye for distance and one I for up close. Just seemed creepy to me.
I agree. 15 years and still near 20/20 although I have a growing cateract now. I use readers too.
Sponsored