Sponsored

Leaked: Jeep Wagoneer S EV

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How many limbs and body organs is that going to cost?

Sponsored

maSS-hole

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Ecoboost, Lexus GX460, Chevy Bolt
Read an article the other day that claimed that when the subsidies are stripped away the true cost of an EV is the equivalent of about $17/gal in gasoline.
The cost of the car or electricity?

My Chevy Bolt costs me about $50 to drive 1700 miles charging at home.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?

The calculation removes all gov subsidies and incentives to reveal the true cost as compared to gasoline.

maSS-hole

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The calculation removes all gov subsidies and incentives to reveal the true cost as compared to gasoline.
Weird. IDK. I am paying the same cost per kwh that I was before I bought the bolt so i guess everyone's electricity is being subsidized then.

Sponsored

bucolic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

No one ever mentions the savings from evading the gasoline taxes. The government will eventually have to close that loophole and start charging per mile driven to make up for the loss in taxes from Gasoline sales. Once EV usage becomes more mainstream do you think the Fed and States will just give up that tax revenue? Not a chance. You will get a bill for miles driven or they will just add the tax on at the electric pump :) and that $50 will turn into close to what gas cost now.

Jeep Gladiator Leaked: Jeep Wagoneer S EV 1706061051392

maSS-hole

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one ever mentions the savings from evading the gasoline taxes. The government will eventually have to close that loophole and start charging per mile driven to make up for the loss in taxes from Gasoline sales. Once EV usage becomes more mainstream do you think the Fed and States will just give up that tax revenue? Not a chance. You will get a bill for miles driven or they will just add the tax on at the electric pump :) and that $50 will turn into close to what gas cost now.

1706061051392.png
35 cents per gallon is 10% of what the fuel costs here. Even if they increased my electric cost by 10%, its still 1/4 the cost to drive than an ICE. If they charged me 100% tax then it would be 1/2 the price.

So Im not too worried if that ever happens.

Or better yet, lets say I use 1000 gallons a year in a car. Thats $350 in gas taxes. So if they charge me $350 in EV tax, and I save $2500, then im still ahead $2150. Oh no.
Sponsored