Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in the powertrain. With 375HP in the 4Xe JLUR, and its 0-60 six-second sprint, the GW has room for many more batteries and a bigger solid-state motor driving the transaxle.

I don't consider it an off-roader, as FCA made clear in the reveal, but a comfortable long-distance cruiser to get you through the weather safely with style.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Agreed, they made a comment that sounded like they may be creating a new brand called Wagoneer and multiple size and vehicles will be part of that. Seems like they may be heading to Jeep being the rugged and Wagoneer being the luxury divisions. Interesting. Probably trying to avoid watering down the rugged Jeep name (although the Compass and Renegade have done a good job of that already) and creating a following for the Range Rover crowd. Not sure the name Wagoneer brings up feelings of extreme luxury or class like Land Rover though. I love the name (and have fond memories of the original) but I would not want a Range Rover and would much prefer a lower price point and rugged features over luxury features. I feel like the original Wagoneer was still a dirt road camping vehicle and the new one seems more made for pavement only.
This is also my thought process, and my hope for the smaller wagoneer. I was hoping that the wagoneer would beat the price point of the tahoe and give us a rugged family sized, stripped down, SUV. I think that would have sold like hotcakes.

Think of this (if only as a marketing tactic): A no frills option, old school styled radio and little/no tech, wood panel sides, limited number, charge 35-40k to generate hype. That would have paid for itself in marketing

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I can't un-see RAM headlights.

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

Couple new videos on the grand wagoneer. Cant wait to see what vanilla wagoneer looks like. I would like less tech, more utility.