First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Physician
Y’all don’t laugh at me. I am a total noob to all things off road. I now own a gladiator and want to learn more about 4 wd, suspension, recovery winches, aired down tires. I even need to learn more about cars in general. Is there a “Jeeps for dummies book” 😆
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Y’all don’t laugh at me. I am a total noob to all things off road. I now own a gladiator and want to learn more about 4 wd, suspension, recovery winches, aired down tires. I even need to learn more about cars in general. Is there a “Jeeps for dummies book” 😆
Google, YouTube ()

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Pitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Four-by-four driving by Tom Sheppard contains tons of information or look up trainers on the International Four Wheel Drive Trainers Association (I4WDTA).

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Don't feel bad I live in Texas but I am from Donaldsonville not really anything down South Louisiana way other than maybe mudding or swamping with the jeep and I personally would not do the mudding thing. My brother used to do that in his monster truck and spent a fortune in repairs and engines. I like you though new to the jeep scene so just been reading forum, watching videos, etc. Wish they would have one of those off-roading classes down here that get put on in other parts of the US

OP
OP

Cajundoc

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Physician
The above video link was fun to watch and unintimidating. I highly recommend it it. Thanks! It makes me wanna get out there!

OP
OP

Cajundoc

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Physician
Don't feel bad I live in Texas but I am from Donaldsonville not really anything down South Louisiana way other than maybe mudding or swamping with the jeep and I personally would not do the mudding thing. My brother used to do that in his monster truck and spent a fortune in repairs and engines. I like you though new to the jeep scene so just been reading forum, watching videos, etc. Wish they would have one of those off-roading classes down here that get put on in other parts of the US
Hung out with my brother this weekend who has a hummer. He advised against "mudding" also. Said a four wheeler threw mud through his window and he still has been unable to get all of the mud out of AC ducts, cracks in the plastic trim pieces etc.
He lives in Shreveport and goes on a few trails somewhere up there.

OP
OP

Cajundoc

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Physician
My brother also explained to me the suspension set up on my gladiator. (Solid front axle instead of independent front suspension, rear coils instead of leaf springs, He showed my my sway bar)

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I think hard core mudding is best left to specialized buggies and not nice, newer vehicles.

Definitely poke around on YouTube. Likely, you will find a few channels you like. Be aware most are useless with guys just smoking, cursing and spewing conspiracy theories with occasional, useful information. I don't bother with those channels.

Ronny Dahl is an Aussie who has some good, informational videos about gear and especially safe winch recovery. No Jeeps, but I still like it.

Brad at "TrailRecon" has some good, informational videos from his earlier days. He's getting pretty commercial, but I still like his videos. His most recent two-parter where he test drove Jeep lift kits was pretty good.

There are also some good overlanding channels. "The Story 'Till Now" is hosted by a cool Canuk who takes his Gladiator WAY out into the Great White North. "Revere Overlanding" has two Kentucky school teachers who take their Forerunner into the western mountains. Not Jeep, but still really good with spectacular scenery.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
There are also some good overlanding channels. "The Story 'Till Now" is hosted by a cool Canuk who takes his Gladiator WAY out into the Great White North.
LOVE “The Story Till Now” as it is in my backyard; I subscribed when he had around 2,000 or so subscribers. @Shaun is here and posts occasionally.

However, I hate to break it to y’all, but other than a few of his videos, most of the scenery he posts are from trails within an hour or two from where I live in the Lower Mainland of BC. We’re blessed with nature as our playground!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hung out with my brother this weekend who has a hummer. He advised against "mudding" also. Said a four wheeler threw mud through his window and he still has been unable to get all of the mud out of AC ducts, cracks in the plastic trim pieces etc.
He lives in Shreveport and goes on a few trails somewhere up there.
Yep I watched that craziness with my brother. I guess he had fun but Lost count how many blown engines, transmissions, and so many other parts constantly replacing and fixing them. Sadly he doesn't have a pot to piss in now. I want to do some overlanding eventually but its quite a drive just to get to the start of the overlanding portion.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOVE “The Story Till Now” as it is in my backyard; I subscribed when he had around 2,000 or so subscribers. @Shaun is here and posts occasionally.

However, I hate to break it to y’all, but other than a few of his videos, most of the scenery he posts are from trails within an hour or two from where I live in the Lower Mainland of BC. We’re blessed with nature as our playground!
Yes you are. I spent 3 weeks up in Banff and that region last year. What an incredible play. I drove for days and just soaked up all the scenery. White water rafted bunch of the rivers. My friend who lived in Calgary moved to Vancouver area and wants me to come visit. Hopefully I will get to make the visit in the near future

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee

Well, from my perspective in Colorado, your back yard is The Great White North. :)

Yeah, all the Colorado overlanding videos are in my back yard.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Yes you are. I spent 3 weeks up in Banff and that region last year. What an incredible play. I drove for days and just soaked up all the scenery. White water rafted bunch of the rivers.
Banff is incredible, but about 8-9 hours from here. Totally doable for a weekend or longer trip, but there are tons of local trails here that are perfect for day trips.

My friend who lived in Calgary moved to Vancouver area and wants me to come visit. Hopefully I will get to make the visit in the near future
Do it! Hopefully your friend has a 4x4 so you can experience the area. Drop me a PM when/if you come and maybe I’ll tag along.
Sponsored