Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect IT
Hello all,

I am in the process of negotiating a lease. The price of the jeep is 43900 and the current price the dealer is offering for the jeep is 41712 - I feel that is still too high - is it any different getting pricing reduced on a lease vs. a buy - i know for example there are more incentives on buy right now such as the employee price. I am feeling they should be able to lease me the jeep with a price of 38-39K. I have seen those deals with purchases constantly. Does the leasing make less room on the pricing?
Sponsored

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
General rule with purchasing a vehicle is to negotiate one at a time in this order, vehicle price, trade in value (not to be mentioned in determining vehicle price,) financing(not to be discussed in prior steps.) Once you've informed them you're leasing, they know they've lost some ability to get money from you. If you discuss vehicle price only from the jump, they may offer better pricing thinking they can make it up on trade or financing. Same with the trade. Since you've jumped straight to the end you may not be able to do any better. Only way to find out is to determine what you're willing to pay and walk away if they won't get there. If you're fair, they may let you walk but will likely call you back. If they don't, you probably weren't on target for pricing or they have enough demand to let your business go.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
A lease is just a different form of financing. Always negotiate the sale price of the Jeep first. The lease residual value is based on MSRP, so any reduction on sale price translates to monthly savings during the lease term.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
A lease is just a different form of financing. Always negotiate the sale price of the Jeep first. The lease residual value is based on MSRP, so any reduction on sale price translates to monthly savings during the lease term.
This answers a question I had also.

In this case, if you can get a dealer to honor 5% or more below invoice on a lease deal your payments should become dirt cheap.
Sponsored