Sponsored

Leather seat option question.

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Black , 2004 LJ D60's 39.5 IRoKs AMC 401 V-8
I am now backing up and considering NOT getting the leather package because I am thinking I want a different color than offered. BUT, If there are some extra things that go with the leather, I may be forced to get the option, then replace the covers later on.
So, What comes with the leather seat option? Say the Black color..
Thanks
Sponsored

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
I am now backing up and considering NOT getting the leather package because I am thinking I want a different color than offered. BUT, If there are some extra things that go with the leather, I may be forced to get the option, then replace the covers later on.
So, What comes with the leather seat option? Say the Black color..
Thanks
With the leather, the dash panels are covered in leather and the rear seat gets a fold down armrest with extra cup holders. Thatā€™s all I could find. The steering wheel stays leather regardless. I didnā€™t get the leather or the cold weather package with plans to get Katzkin leather seat covers and their degreez system for heated and ventilated seats. Verified this with a local dealer to not get those options if I wanted to do what Iā€™m planning.

Last edited:

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punkā€™n JT
The dash panels are covered in leather and the rear seat gets a fold down armrest with extra cup holders. Thatā€™s all I could find. The steering wheel stays leather regardless. I didnā€™t get the leather or the cold weather package with plans to get Katzkin leather seat covers and their degreez system for heated and ventilated seats. Verified this with a local dealer to not get those options if I wanted to do what Iā€™m planning.
The dash wonā€™t be leather. That is only the overland and LE. Rubicon keeps red dash with black leather or switches to gray dash with saddle leather. I think the door panels get leather trim though.

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
The dash wonā€™t be leather. That is only the overland and LE. Rubicon keeps red dash with black leather or switches to gray dash with saddle leather. I think the door panels get leather trim though.
Arenā€™t the leather dash panels removed in the Overland model without the leather option? I ordered the Overland yesterday. Looking at the Jeep.com build site I see those removed and itā€™s just a grey plastic dash panel when not selecting leather.

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
I looked at the leather option and the cold weather package. The rear seat center arm rest is the only available in the leather (who knows why). I also think I will be going katzkins and degreez. Only way to get cooled seats. Give up the heated steering wheel, but in FL cooled seats is way more important.
Going aftermarket is also cheaper.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RickyR

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies.. I should have also clarified this is for a Rubicon model..

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punkā€™n JT
Arenā€™t the leather dash panels removed in the Overland model without the leather option? I ordered the Overland yesterday. Looking at the Jeep.com build site I see those removed and itā€™s just a grey plastic dash panel when not selecting leather.
Yes I believe youā€™re right. No leather dash on Overland unless you get leather seating. I was referring to Rubicon trim. No way to get leather dash on a rubi

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
Yes I believe youā€™re right. No leather dash on Overland unless you get leather seating. I was referring to Rubicon trim. No way to get leather dash on a rubi
Ok thanks. Didnā€™t realize that about the Rubicon. Not sure if Iā€™d prefer the leather on the dash or not now that I think about it. Seems like it would look cleaner without.

OP
OP
RickyR

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just learning about the degreez system that uses these TED modules. I thought the seat A/C was somehow ducted from the car's A/C system.. The Lexus I had, I never even thought about how it worked, but it was very nice in the summer... So anyone who has this type of TED system, does it actually cool?
Sponsored